[ALPHA] phpBB Mercury Basic v1.1.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:44 pm

Updates:
Changed some pages - there is no match view. changed matches page to be more user friendly. re-vamped make challenge page. added in "info" in manage panel for wishes, challenges, and reports.

I have a lil bug in teh report system im fixing up.

Thanks.

packfan82

Post by packfan82 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:16 am

release date in the near future?

meradiann

Post by meradiann » Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:33 am

lol

A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:24 pm

packfan82 wrote: release date in the near future?

Do you think that I on the computer 24/7 coding away? No. I got a life, I spend most of my day outside in the sun, riding my bike with friends, taking care of the lawn and pool, my dogs, I get home like 11pm and by that time my dad is on the computer doing his design work, so I have to wait, then I only get like an hour on it before I get kicke doff again. A FREE script has one major problem and thats lack of time. People who write MODs for the wounderful phpBB do it in their spare time. But when I do get on, I work like a dog trying to make the best script I can for you guys.

When I finish the damn stuff. Ill release it.
meradiann wrote: lol

And what the *beep* do you find so funny?

Thanks.

packfan82

Post by packfan82 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:13 pm

A.I. BOT wrote: dear god my dad finally is finished iwth the computer, i got the cleaning done (yay!) and im gonna test it for the last time before release :)

ill post soon

thanks/.

that post was made over a month ago, i was just wondering how long "soon" is. You have said that you were done with coding and going to release it "soon" for over a month now and I was just curious as to when that might be. When you have said "soon" since mid june, and people have been checking every few days to see if you have released it, just say "its not done, a few more weeks and it should be ready" and not "its done just a few small testing and I will release it"

Not complaining because you are doing this in your free time, just dont lead people on saying that its done, yet over a month later still no release

A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:41 pm

Im not leading anyone on.

I do feel bad that I cant release it sooner but theres nothing I can do about that. My life is really busy, a lot of complications get in the way of me finishing the MOD of for release. For example: today I clicked on "Upgrade to phpBB 2.0.17" in cPanel and then I wnet back to test a new code line and I get a "File Not Found" so I looked in the file manager and my rivals files were gone :(. Basicly it just overwrit the phpBB 2.0.16 with a new phpBB 2.0.17. So now im uploading all my files again and then I got to do the damn SQL queries again and get situated. Some damn "Upgrade" was more like a bitch slap.

socomcasper

You have my support.

Post by socomcasper » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:06 pm

A.I. BOT wrote: Im not leading anyone on.

I do feel bad that I cant release it sooner but theres nothing I can do about that. My life is really busy, a lot of complications get in the way of me finishing the MOD of for release. For example: today I clicked on "Upgrade to phpBB 2.0.17" in cPanel and then I wnet back to test a new code line and I get a "File Not Found" so I looked in the file manager and my rivals files were gone :(. Basicly it just overwrit the phpBB 2.0.16 with a new phpBB 2.0.17. So now im uploading all my files again and then I got to do the damn SQL queries again and get situated. Some damn "Upgrade" was more like a *beep* slap.

If you need hosting, I can provide it to you. I have been watching this mod for a while - under a different SN - and eagerly await it's beta/release. Let me know if you need anything.

EDIT:

I forgot to say excellent job.

Uchiha Nick

Post by Uchiha Nick » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:48 pm

.. so like is this mod still being developped -_-'

BondGamer

Post by BondGamer » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:16 pm

Yes it is in development. If you are unpleased with the current rate of development how about you go make your own mod?
My phpBB3 Mods: - None active =[

knickers

Post by knickers » Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:11 pm

BondGamer wrote: Yes it is in development. If you are unpleased with the current rate of development how about you go make your own mod?

I really like pie ...
How about everyone else?

I'm always unhappy, but I'm very pleased that this mod is in development at all ... I've been looking for something similar (for free of course) and I would have to pay 200+ dollars for it somewhere else, so I'll be more than happy to wait till ole' rusty is ready to release it ...

Best of luck.

A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT » Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:13 pm

Yeah im really sorry its so slow. Today is the first time I have been on the computer in week for more than 5 mins. My dad, mom, sister there all taking time away from me. I work on the MOD as much as I can but things get in the way. My parents always never tell me anything, like last week around 4pm my dad was like "oh I forgot to tell ya were going to the cabin in 5 mins so get ready"/

Ill try to get the mod out to you as soon as I can.

Thanks/

Uchiha Nick

Post by Uchiha Nick » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:33 am

BondGamer wrote: Yes it is in development. If you are unpleased with the current rate of development how about you go make your own mod?

hmz.. it might occur to you that there hasnt been a reply in this topic for days now. ( aside from these of course ) so asking if its still under development? nothing wrong with that.

so next time quit your useless bashing and actually start before posting.

anyways ive said this quite some time now, but A.I. BOT, take your time :)

A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:06 am

hmz.. it might occur to you that there hasnt been a reply in this topic for days now. ( aside from these of course ) so asking if its still under development? nothing wrong with that.

Yeah sorry about that, my aunt and uncle who I havent seen in 5 years surprised me the other day at my door. and we all wen tto the cabin to spend some time.
A.I. BOT, take your time

Yeah time is a bummer with me, im tryin my best tho.

socomcasper

Post by socomcasper » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:08 pm

knickers wrote:
BondGamer wrote:Yes it is in development. If you are unpleased with the current rate of development how about you go make your own mod?

I really like pie ...
How about everyone else?

I'm always unhappy, but I'm very pleased that this mod is in development at all ... I've been looking for something similar (for free of course) and I would have to pay 200+ dollars for it somewhere else, so I'll be more than happy to wait till ole' rusty is ready to release it ...

Best of luck.

Where might this $200 program be at. I have been looking all over, but can't find anything that integrates with phpBB. Could you either post or PM information on a program. A free ladder would be great, but having a ladder would be better. :)

knickers

Post by knickers » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:11 pm

socomcasper wrote:
knickers wrote:
BondGamer wrote:Yes it is in development. If you are unpleased with the current rate of development how about you go make your own mod?

I really like pie ...
How about everyone else?

Best of luck.

Where might this $200 program be at. I have been looking all over, but can't find anything that integrates with phpBB. Could you either post or PM information on a program. A free ladder would be great, but having a ladder would be better. :)

http://www.darkmooninternet.com/

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”