EDIT: Fixed it and released!
Gift Certificate Mod (0.1.1)
I finally fixed the bugs and have gotten it to a beta stage, please post any of your problems here and fixes also. I'm not through with this yet there are still other features I which to tweak, expand and add.
Now here comes the explanation:
Just what is the Gift Certificate mod and what does it do? Well it's quite simple actually; it's a voucher/coupon/certificate mod where you can use it to give your board a more professional automated feel. It works with zarath's shop mod 2.6.0 and allows the administrators to add codes which allow users to redeem items.
Its usage is quite varied, you can use it say as the answer to a riddle, you could base it on keywords from your site, give out codes as prizes or even use it as a gimmick on personal real life projects and products.
The data is stored as a Variable character (up to 32) - so you can have codes from 'ABC-123-aBc' to 'holy @&%$!' - The possibilities are quite varied.
You'll need a points system running (other wise you wouldn't have zarath's shop mod) and zarath's shop mod 2.6.0
* Has a fully programmed ACP.
* Add up to 10 codes at a time.
* Tells users when the code is incorrect.
* Tells the user what Item they have received.
* Removes used codes.
* Allows Variable characters.
* Works with zaraths shop mod and inventory.
* Comes with menu icon.
Future Features: (not implemented)
* Check existing code. (before adding to database)
* Disallow repeated codes.
* Admin ability to display code list.
* More ACP options:
- Limit tries within time limit.
- Incur ban from repetitive attempts (possibility).
- On/Off function
* Randomised item. (Possibility)
* Code generator. (Possibility)
* Any suggestions?
Sorry I don’t have any test boards, but my own forum runs it nicely.
Gift Certificate Mod (v0.1.1)