[DEV] Easy Contact Form 1.1.0 *UPDATED*

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
FuNEnD3R

[DEV] Easy Contact Form 1.1.0 *UPDATED*

Post by FuNEnD3R »

This mod will allow members to contact you without them having to login or register to your forum. Helpful to those who have lost their login information or have a question before joining. This also helps prevent against spam emails and sender's IP address is logged. The latest version includes visual confirmation code to help prevent spam. Works with phpBB versions 2.0.3 - 2.0.19

You may view demo here:

http://www.funender.com/phpBB2/contact_form.php

*Updated 2005-01-10*

DOWNLOAD EASY CONTACT FORM 1.1.0
Last edited by FuNEnD3R on Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:25 pm, edited 7 times in total.

infoguy26

Post by infoguy26 »

Thanks I have been looking for something like this!

FuNEnD3R

Post by FuNEnD3R »

No problem glad that you like it :)

MervynG

Post by MervynG »

Hi THere,

would you be modifying the mod sometime in the near future to enable the
forum to by accessed from a menu option like the existing ones... eg. Profile, search, etc....

Sorry, I am still new to php, otherwise I would have attempted it on myside :(

FuNEnD3R

Post by FuNEnD3R »

Hi, well it's only basic HTML, you can open up your overall_header.tpl file and add the link such as:

http://www.your_site_name.com/your_forum_directory/contact_form.php

To link to the Contact Form.

tahoebuff
Name: Michael

Post by tahoebuff »

FuNEnD3R this mod works nicely. My only suggestion would be that after a person hits submit, their redirected to a page that informs them the mail was sent, which could include a link/redirect back to the forum index. If not, I can see people trying to resubmit, ignoring the "sent" statement above the form.

Tahoebuff... 8)

FuNEnD3R

Post by FuNEnD3R »

Thanks tahoebuff, after the email is sent successfully the message should be noticeable to everyone. I get emails everyday from visitors on my site and havent heard or seen of any issues with people not being able to know if they had sent the email or not. However I may release a new version in the future that allows you to pick which page you would like the contact form to redirect to after a successful submission.

tahoebuff
Name: Michael

Post by tahoebuff »

You would know more than me, since you use it...I was thinking of the ones with deep blond roots on occasion (me bad). Thanks for the quick response...

Tahoebuff

FuNEnD3R

Post by FuNEnD3R »

No I appreciate the feedback so thanks :) I could make it redirect to a new page that displays that the message was sent successfully and have it redirect to another page with a configurable page refresh rate as well.

MervynG

Post by MervynG »

FuNEnD3R wrote: Hi, well it's only basic HTML, you can open up your overall_header.tpl file and add the link such as:

http://www.your_site_name.com/your_forum_directory/contact_form.php

To link to the Contact Form.

Thank you, I will try it :)
No I appreciate the feedback so thanks I could make it redirect to a new page that displays that the message was sent successfully

This will be nice aswell but for me, it's not urgent ;)

PS. Thanks for the mod, it's a good one :)

smithy_dll
Former Team Member
Name: Lachlan Smith

Post by smithy_dll »

Hello,

The MOD Beta Development forum is not for independent releasing your MODs.

If you wish to release your MOD please submit it to the MOD DB.

However if this MOD is still in development please adjust your topic title to indicate that as laid out in the forum rules Announcement convieniently pinned to the top of this forum.

khisanthax

Post by khisanthax »

is there any way I can put this inside a post, maybe a bbcode?

stujoe

Post by stujoe »

tahoebuff wrote: FuNEnD3R this mod works nicely. My only suggestion would be that after a person hits submit, their redirected to a page that informs them the mail was sent, which could include a link/redirect back to the forum index. If not, I can see people trying to resubmit, ignoring the "sent" statement above the form.

Tahoebuff... 8)

I was thinking the same thing. The way it is it makes it easy for some numbskull to just keep sending the message over and over again either intentionally or not.

At the least, I would like to see it clear all teh form fields after sending.

Nice mod, though.
Stujoe

FuNEnD3R

Post by FuNEnD3R »

NP I will be sure to release a new version soon, everytime I plan to get around to it something else comes up :P

FuNEnD3R

Post by FuNEnD3R »

I havent had time to release a new version, but here is an easy way to include the sender's IP address in the email message body. Open up contact_form.php and find:

Code: Select all

/* Add username to beginning / top of mail */ 
   $message = "$from_name's forum username is $forum_username\n$from_name's email is $from_email\n\n" . strip_all($_POST['message']); 
Replace with:

Code: Select all

/* Add username to beginning / top of mail */ 
   $message = "$from_name's forum username is $forum_username\n$from_name's email is $from_email\nSender's ip address is $displayip\n\n" . strip_all($_POST['message']); 

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”