[BETA] 'Olympus-Style' Forum Rules 0.7.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
mad-manne

Post by mad-manne »

chilling wrote: If you are bored there is a MOD by Niels Self auth [2.0.6/EM] which appears to have been abandoned and there are a whole range of people calling out for it - including me!
Well I might take up that idea someday ... but definitely not now or in the near future.

But just to make that clear ... although I *really* love writing phpBB-MODs, they are not born out of boredom :roll:

:idea: I am running a "closed" board for my former classmates(from back in 1984), where everyone can meet the "old" crowd and communicate. So most of the MODs I have running are things I missed for my board and as I couldn't find anything I liked .. I started them myself :P

The only exception to that rule is my NT_RAF-MOD, which I rather started for the challenge and also to improve my php coding skills!
My latest MOD mentioned above, is also something I have coded for the new relaunch of said classmates-board, while I updated that from 2.0.4 to the latest version of phpBB.

Cheers 8)
Manfred.
Try not. Do or do not. There is no try. (YODA)
chilling

Post by chilling »

mad-manne wrote: ..... they are not born out of boredom :roll:
I was only kidding ! :twisted:
Christopher Hilling
SpaDental Management llp
https://www.spadental.co.uk
mad-manne

Post by mad-manne »

O.K. ... took a while again, but here I'm back with the latest version :P
just jump back to the topic-starter and you'll find the latest version, which even includes [update]MOD-files for both older versions.

As has been said before .. the MOD is now feature-frozen before it gets released as 1.0.0. Any wishes you might have, can still be posted in here, and who knows .. maybe they will make it into a next major release then :roll:

[EDIT]
2 things I forgot:
I'm looking for users willing to translate the few language-specific terms into their native languages ... if you want to help out with a translation, you'll find a "template-file" in the /translations-folder inside the MOD-package. Once you're done with the translation, send it to me via E-Mail.

I will now start to fork off a CategoriesHierarchy-flavoured version of this MOD. So users of this MOD, must wait another couple of days, until I have that ready.
[/EDIT]

Hope you like it,
Manfred.
mad-manne

Post by mad-manne »

tiny little UPDATE ...
just finished a PDF-manual for my MOD, which is now included in the latest MOD-package.

If you already donwloaded BETA 0.7.0 you might just want to download the manual alone(~250 KB) ...

Cheers,
Manfred.
Last edited by mad-manne on Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
vrflyer

Post by vrflyer »

^^^ Ooooh, fancy aren't we? :P

Good work! 8)
Always Under Construction !
mad-manne

Post by mad-manne »

Hi everyone,
as has been said before ... I want to take this MOD into ReleaseCandidate-status!
So I would appreciate any feedback from anyone using this so far.

New feature-requests will be queued and might make it into a later version, while the current version is feature-frozen and will only see bug-fixes were necessary.

Cheers,
Manfred.
ChaosBringer

Post by ChaosBringer »

Awsome mod, i am using it right now, however, i dont know why, i get an empty row on all my forums, and i do have the latest beta....anyways thanks!

01000001 01101100 01101100 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01100010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01100010 01100101 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110101 01110011 00100001
fahraeus

Post by fahraeus »

First of all thank you for this mod it is wonderful, I use it on three of my boards!

In one of my boards I do not need it for the time being, therefore I have this question:

If I remove the code added by mod in viewforum_body.tpl and viewtopic_body.tpl and uncheck all boxes in ACP, how many queries does the mod add when loading viewforum and viewtopic?

Thank you...
bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer »

WISHLIST REQUEST: Would it be possible to have different/ or extra rules for different levels, such as MOD, ADMIN, GROUP MEMBERSHIP(this last one is not a deal breaker, but definately be nice).
William Jacoby - Community Team
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .
mad-manne

Post by mad-manne »

fahraeus wrote: First of all thank you for this mod it is wonderful, I use it on three of my boards!
Nice to hear ... thank you!
In one of my boards I do not need it for the time being ... / ...
remove the code added by mod in viewforum_body.tpl and viewtopic_body.tpl and uncheck all boxes in ACP, how many queries does the mod add when loading viewforum and viewtopic
There's no need to do any such thing if you don't use it for the moment. Just leave it there and it doesn't cause any overhead at all!

The changes in the tpl-files would be unneccesary anyway, because they only apply to the HTML-Output of the scripts.
And there are no queries added in neither viewforum, viewtopic or posting.php. The only difference is that a few more fields from the phpbb_forums-TABLE are "drawn" during the already existing query!

Cheers,
Manfred.
mad-manne

Post by mad-manne »

ChaosBringer wrote: Awsome mod, i am using it right now, however, i dont know why, i get an empty row on all my forums, and i do have the latest beta....anyways thanks!
Sorry for being so late :oops: I was kind of busy for a while ...

Does your problem still exist? If so, could you provide me with a link to your board, so I could get a better insight of the problem!

Cheers,
Manfred.
mad-manne

Post by mad-manne »

bonelifer wrote: WISHLIST REQUEST: Would it be possible to have different/ or extra rules for different levels, such as MOD, ADMIN, GROUP MEMBERSHIP(this last one is not a deal breaker, but definately be nice).
Hi bonelifer,
(almost) anything would be possible :P ... but
mad-manne wrote: ... the MOD is now feature-frozen before it gets released as 1.0.0. Any wishes you might have, can still be posted in here, and who knows .. maybe they will make it into a next major release then :roll:

So I will put this onto my list, but can't promise anything for the moment :wink:

While I think it would be easy to have separate rules for moderators and admins I think it will be a bit more tricky to set this up based on group-memberships. Another thing I would worry about, would be the added complexity for a standard user who might find himself shocked by too many features ?!

Cheers,
Manfred.
chilling

Post by chilling »

Hi Manfred - great to see you back ..... we've missed you :wink:
I am just moving my board over to using CH - any known issues with this one?
Christopher Hilling
SpaDental Management llp
mad-manne

Post by mad-manne »

chilling wrote: Hi Manfred - great to see you back ..... we've missed you :wink:
Hi Chris, I'm glad and sad at the same time ... :wink:
I am just moving my board over to using CH - any known issues with this one?
a while ago(further up this topic) ... mad-manne wrote:
trv wrote:is this mod compatible with Categories Hierarchy MOD ? (latest version)
I'll have to check that soon ...
but I fear that I would have to make a "CH-flavoured" version of my MOD, because CH makes many changes to the ACP-part and also has pretty complex template-side changes, so mine would just fail to FIND the right places.
Anyway a "CH-flavoured" version shouldn't be all that hard to make.

I'll be back with an answer on that issue within the next couple of days.

Cheers,
Manfred.
It looks like you can tweak around a bit to get it working alongside CH (I do remember afterlife69 saying he'd gotten it to work with CH), but as I promised I will start working on a CH-flavoured version of my MOD, which will be fully integrated into the CH-forum ACP!

But as I said over in the NT-RAF topic ... I can't promise, when I'll be able to finish this. I'm leaving for a 2-week holiday on thursday and once I'll be back it will still take me some time to start with that :?

Cheers anyway,
Manfred.
chilling

Post by chilling »

mad-manne wrote: It looks like you can tweak around a bit to get it working alongside CH
OK I'll do a little tweaking and document it for you ... we have a bank holiday here in the UK tomorrow and I am hoping to get the board converted to using CH .... there is one major MOD (the ability to limit topics only to the poster and Moderators) which is causing me problems :oops:)
mad-manne wrote: I'm leaving for a 2-week holiday on thursday and once I'll be back it will still take me some time to start with that :?
Have a great holiday :)
Christopher Hilling
SpaDental Management llp

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”