[BETA] New PHPBB User Upload ToolKit! v0.3

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
celeb-x

Post by celeb-x »

Ill pm you a link you can use to check it out and an account.

Could you send it to me aswell ?

I might be interested to implement it on www.scooterhulp.com.

Best Regards,
Celeb-X

starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj »

Sent :)
Admin ToolKit v2.1a - An Admins most helpful tool for user management. Now Supports Mass User Deletion!
Change User's: names, passwords, emails, active status and avatar/pm permissions.
Ban/Unban Users, change Post and Resync Counts, and promote/demote users to admin.
Completely independent from your phpbb user account settings. No installation required, just upload one file.
User Upload ToolKit Beta - A quick and easy, 30 second-install, attachment mod. Now Supports Dynamic Thumbnails!

shiner

Post by shiner »

In member list, there is an H with many members name. what does it mean?

starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj »

Umm...your referring to my admin toolkit correct? (This is the upload toolkit thread).

Anyways, the H indicates the user is set to hidden.
Admin ToolKit v2.1a - An Admins most helpful tool for user management. Now Supports Mass User Deletion!
Change User's: names, passwords, emails, active status and avatar/pm permissions.
Ban/Unban Users, change Post and Resync Counts, and promote/demote users to admin.
Completely independent from your phpbb user account settings. No installation required, just upload one file.
User Upload ToolKit Beta - A quick and easy, 30 second-install, attachment mod. Now Supports Dynamic Thumbnails!

starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj »

JezUK1 wrote: Ok I tell a lie I have tryed to install it but when I go to the insex page I get this message up
../forum/config.php not found!
Please contact: starfoxtj@yahoo.com

What now?

Sounds like your not using "forum" as your phpbb directory name.
On line 42 set: $phpbb_folder_name to the current phpbb directory.
(Eg. phpbb, phpbb2, discussion etc)

SixthSphere

Post by SixthSphere »

installed and working great... thanks
Are you a Saturn Car Enthusiast?
Check out www.SixthSphere.com!

muzza1st

mod problem?

Post by muzza1st »

Hi there

I installed the mod.......... phpbb user upload tool kit v.03 and and accesed the upload file section in my browser but I tried to upload a file and this poped up?

problem refer below............

Warning: mkdir(2): Permission denied in /mounted-storage/home5/sub002/sc12367-LTJY/www/waterfuelcell/userupload/index.php on line 1403

Warning: touch(): Unable to create file 2/index.html because No such file or directory in /mounted-storage/home5/sub002/sc12367-LTJY/www/waterfuelcell/userupload/index.php on line 1404
General Halt: Unable to create user folder.
Please check the CHMOD and/or file permissions.

what's going on?

Murray

starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj »

You need to chmod the userupload directory as stated in the instructions.
That should allow write access.

wolfgtweb

Great Mod

Post by wolfgtweb »

Star,

We have been testing this mod out for some time on the Carball.net site and it's been performing really well. Our host moved our site to a new Windows 2003 server with IIS 6 recently and we ran into a problem. The rest of the forum works fine but when we go to log into your mod, I get the following error:

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

I have troubleshot it as much as possible and had every possible permission added to the uploadtoolkit folder. But I can't get past the error. The really weird thing is that every once in a while when you get the error, if you hit the back button, it will be logged in. ??? I even tried to create a new folder and installed a fresh copy of the mod in the new folder, same error. I'm at a loss, any help would be appreciated.

starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj »

Does it give a line number or anything similar that could help track down the problem?

muzza1st

Post by muzza1st »

To starfoxtj

I wrote

I installed the mod.......... phpbb user upload tool kit v.03 and and accesed the upload file section in my browser but I tried to upload a file and this poped up?

problem refer below............

Warning: mkdir(2): Permission denied in /mounted-storage/home5/sub002/sc12367-LTJY/www/waterfuelcell/userupload/index.php on line 1403

Warning: touch(): Unable to create file 2/index.html because No such file or directory in /mounted-storage/home5/sub002/sc12367-LTJY/www/waterfuelcell/userupload/index.php on line 1404
General Halt: Unable to create user folder.
Please check the CHMOD and/or file permissions.

what's going on?

you wrote
You need to chmod the userupload directory as stated in the instructions. That should allow write access.

can you start me off and give me the first few lines in the instructions, where I have to follow? I can not seem to see it?

Thanks for you patient i must be so dumb :roll:

thanks heaps

Murray

wolfgtweb

Post by wolfgtweb »

no sir, no other information is giving in the error, the information posted is everything from the screen

James78

Post by James78 »

It works well. When someone hacks into your forum, and de-admins you, you can register again and Admin yourself again and get rid of them. So its very useful

starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj »

James78 wrote: It works well. When someone hacks into your forum, and de-admins you, you can register again and Admin yourself again and get rid of them. So its very useful

Wrong topic. :wink:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=232010

wolfgtweb:
Could I get a link to your board? And if possible a test account (or I can just register one).

muzza1st:
Inside your FTP client, right click the userupload folder, and click Properties/CHMOD. You can then type in the number 777.

muzza1st

Post by muzza1st »

To starfoxtj

you wrote
muzza1st:
Inside your FTP client, right click the userupload folder, and click Properties/CHMOD. You can then type in the number 777.

ok that was easy thanks!

I tried to upload a file and this poped up
Upload Status:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid/gid is 3334/3334 is not allowed to access /mounted-storage/home5/sub002/sc12367-LTJY/www/waterfuelcell/userupload/2 owned by uid/gid 99/99 in /mounted-storage/home5/sub002/sc12367-LTJY/www/waterfuelcell/userupload/index.php on line 1621

Warning: chmod(): Unable to access 2/reactor_pic.jpg in /mounted-storage/home5/sub002/sc12367-LTJY/www/waterfuelcell/userupload/index.php on line 1623

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /mounted-storage/home5/sub002/sc12367-LTJY/www/waterfuelcell/userupload/index.php on line 1623
File was not moved to the user folder.
Please contact the admin to check the CHMOD and/or file permissions.

not quite sure what to do?

sorry...........

thanks heaps

Murray

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”