[RC6]Categories hierarchy - sub-forums v2.1.1

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
jchipper

Post by jchipper »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: > jchipper : hmm I think the simpler will probably be me to get into your ftp and database to see in which state are the data now. Sadly I won't be able to do this till this week-end. Would it be ok with you ?

Ok that would be great, I'll PM you the login info. um till then... think it would be ok if I uploaded the backup files I have so that the board works and people can post? it's a fairly active board of almost 200 members and I've just been down way to long.
~ The Bible is the Chart and Compass that guides us through this life to the eternal port of heaven.~
Website - http://www.youthforgod.net
Message Board - http://www.youthforgod.net/forum/index.php
mosc

Post by mosc »

jchipper wrote: think it would be ok if I uploaded the backup files I have so that the board works and people can post? it's a fairly active board of almost 200 members and I've just been down way to long.

I suggest if you can possibly do it set up a development forum for installing a mod of this complexity. In fact, it's best to use a development site to do any mod no matter how simple. It make be a bit of a chore to make clones of your production site and it's database, but working on a production site can really be painfull for your users. Just my two cents.
jchipper

Post by jchipper »

mosc wrote:
jchipper wrote: think it would be ok if I uploaded the backup files I have so that the board works and people can post? it's a fairly active board of almost 200 members and I've just been down way to long.

I suggest if you can possibly do it set up a development forum for installing a mod of this complexity. In fact, it's best to use a development site to do any mod no matter how simple. It make be a bit of a chore to make clones of your production site and it's database, but working on a production site can really be painfull for your users. Just my two cents.

I've thought of that but am not sure how to make a copy of my data for the development site but I might look into this...
~ The Bible is the Chart and Compass that guides us through this life to the eternal port of heaven.~
Website - http://www.youthforgod.net
Message Board - http://www.youthforgod.net/forum/index.php
afterlife_69
I've Been Banned!

Post by afterlife_69 »

http://www.meetthe1337.com/phpBB2/admin ... 7f88908164
nothing there, and to other people it says 'This board has no forums'

i used the premodded files from your download list

i really need help with with, the forum is known now and its showing 'this board has no forums'

only mains administrators can actuly see them...
if you would like to help me i can give cpanel info, just pm me
trv

Post by trv »

Updated to 2.1.1 with success!

Only one slight problem

Tags do not show! Every thing else is perfect.

But in the list of topics, i can see the topicrow.I_TOPIC_FOLDER icon, i can see the topicrow.topic.msg_icon.I_ICON, i can see the topicrow.topic.type.I_TOPIC_TYPE icon, BUT the tag, the text tag doesn't show between the poll icon an the topic title for example! What is wrong?
DKing

Post by DKing »

I made my cookie thing to: .phpbb-mods.s1e.info. Didn't work.

After installation, I get the same errors all around, and now when I go to admin/index.php I get:
phpBB : Critical Error

Error doing DB query userdata row fetch

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'g.group_user_id' in 'on clause'

SELECT u.*, s.*, g.* FROM phpbb_sessions s, phpbb_users u LEFT JOIN phpbb_groups g ON g.group_user_id = u.user_id WHERE s.session_id = 'd1b1f446b77ea71c03128f1537cdb07a' AND u.user_id = s.session_user_id

Line : 296
File : sessions.php

I'll re-upload another plain copy of phpBB on another domain and try it... hmmm....
-DKing
Latest phpBB Version: 2.0.21
Search For a MOD: MOD Search
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

> afterlife_69 : bingo.... Would you please read the author's note... and/or the readme.txt coming with the "installed" pack you've used...

> trv : ensure your tpls modifications are correct, especially topics_row_box.tpl and topics_box.tpl. If you are using extended template or extreme style, remember to clear the cached tpls files (in cache/),

> DKing : this is due to the install_cat process not achieved : all the sql modifications haven't been done. What is surprising is you can reach the index.
DKing

Post by DKing »

I can't do install_cat... it generates the error from before. I dont know what's wrong though should I upload install_cat before doing the modifcation of the files? Would this help?

-DKing
-DKing
Latest phpBB Version: 2.0.21
Search For a MOD: MOD Search
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

> DKing : install_cat process does two things : modifys the table structure (what could be done outside), but also populates and migrates existing data, what can't be done outside. So yes, install_cat is required. There is a very low chance the board gets operational if the error that blocks the install process isn't spoted and fixed, as it will probably exists for the other scripts.
trv

Post by trv »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: >trv : ensure your tpls modifications are correct, especially topics_row_box.tpl and topics_box.tpl. If you are using extended template or extreme style, remember to clear the cached tpls files (in cache/),

I double checked these two tpls, in my current theme and in subSilver, and i cleared cache.. But nothing changes! Tags just don't show! It has to be a php file that's not working right.. Or another tpl exept these two
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

How did you defined your tag in acp ?
trv

Post by trv »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: How did you defined your tag in acp ?

What do you mean? I didn't make a custom topic attribute using the new feature. ALL of the tags don't show! Not event [Event] or [Announcement] or [Poll} etc :( But the icons show! (the new icon for Poll for example)
White Dust

Post by White Dust »

Ehm... a little problem, here...

First of all, im using the old version of the mod (Categories hierarchy 2.0.4).

My host has switched servers and now Im getting the following error:
  • Fatal error: Call to undefined function: auth() in /home/whitedus/domains/fantasy-realm.nl/public_html/forum/includes/functions_categories_hierarchy.php on line 926
If searched in the file itself, it is the following line (the line: $wauth = auth(AUTH_ALL, AUTH_LIST_ALL, $userdata); )

Code: Select all

//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//
// get_user_tree() : generate the hierarchy tree - called in init_userprefs()
//
//--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
function get_user_tree(&$userdata)
{
	global $tree;

if (empty($tree)) read_tree();

// read the user auth if requiered
	if (empty($tree['auth']))
	{
		$tree['auth'] = array();
		$wauth = auth(AUTH_ALL, AUTH_LIST_ALL, $userdata);
		if (!empty($wauth))
		{
			reset($wauth);
			while (list($key, $data) = each($wauth))
			{
				$tree['auth'][POST_FORUM_URL . $key] = $data;
			}
		}

// enhanced each level
		set_tree_user_auth();
	}

return;
}
When I comment the line out, i can get on my forum, but there are no posts/forums.

Does anybody knows what couses this error (and probably a sulution? :P)
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

> WhiteDust : please upgrade to the latest version,

> trv : no tag will appear if the info is already displayed through the main topic folder icon, or if an icon is defined for the tag : try to lock a poll ie.
White Dust

Post by White Dust »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: > WhiteDust : please upgrade to the latest version,

Nice and all... but there is no sulution? Or is it just becouse its the old version?

My forum is wel... moderate modded... and the new hierarchy version is a great change, so an upgrade is a no-go. A fresh install would be somewhat of a solution, but a lot of work...

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”