[RC6]Categories hierarchy - sub-forums v2.1.1

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

> Whitedust : due to the change in php/mySQL latest versions, you will have sooner or later other disfunctionnement you won't have with CH 2.1.x : that's why the best solution is to upgrade. It can go quicker than you think, using the "installed" pack and preparing all offline with easyPHP.org or WampServer.com.
White Dust

Post by White Dust »

awell... something to do ;)

But ehm... how can you get the cat_folder_big.gif images at the subfora?
The subfora on my board are showing the folder_big.gif.
Tabasco73

Post by Tabasco73 »

Howdie! i have come up with a prob with this mod. I know its my board so heres a brief history on my board. It was converted from a IPB2.o.2 databse It's phpbbv 2.0.13. the previous version(CH 2.1.0) wouldnt take either. i kept getting an error that said the "anonymous id" couldn't be found(yes admin id was set at "1") and that the "includes/config could not open? i keep doing fresh install and following everything in detail but i keep getting the errors.

so i tried to install CH 2.1.1 and now i get this error
There seems to be a problem with the MySQL server, sorry for the inconvenience.

We should be back shortly.

any clue as to what i need to change? usually an error gives you a path...unfortunatly this one doesnt so I have no clue where to go from here.

:( Help???
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

> WhiteDust : I think I don't use it no more, as I use the forum layer now when subs are packed. I have to check,

> Tabasco73 : Anonymous id should have the user_id eq to -1 : what I advise you is to install localy (on your pc) a brand new board, then copy from the users table, user_group table and groups table the data linked to the user_id -1, then to introduce them into your live database. These records are required, even for a non modified phpBB, else you may have hazardous results regarding the access the guests have. The message you receive doesn't seems to be linked to your board, but rather to your host : try to ask them about this : it is probably their service that is temporaly stoped.
Tabasco73

Post by Tabasco73 »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: > WhiteDust : I think I don't use it no more, as I use the forum layer now when subs are packed. I have to check,

> Tabasco73 : Anonymous id should have the user_id eq to -1 : what I advise you is to install localy (on your pc) a brand new board, then copy from the users table, user_group table and groups table the data linked to the user_id -1, then to introduce them into your live database. These records are required, even for a non modified phpBB, else you may have hazardous results regarding the access the guests have. The message you receive doesn't seems to be linked to your board, but rather to your host : try to ask them about this : it is probably their service that is temporaly stoped.

okay i will look into that, i did try to create an anonymous group id and that seem to get me a little further into thethe installation process,(for version 2.1.0) but not by much. I am not sure how to install a board on my pc, but i have ample enough room at my site to install another one(fresh install and not being used). and i pick up pretty fast(making tables). I am okay with just having the first version rather than trying to figure out why i cannot install the 2.1.1 one. Another thing...the IPB board i converted, had subforums and from what i gather the info for those subforums, is in my phpbb database when i look into my user_groups??? anways would having data for preexisting subforums effect an install of either version CH? I am just wondering....anyways ill go look into this and let ya know how i faired. Thanks for responding so quickly :D

Edited to say Yay! nevermind!! setting up those ID's for anonymous worked!! now all my subforums are showing up and i can put them back into their respective places! thanks 4 the help!![/b]
White Dust

Post by White Dust »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: > WhiteDust : I think I don't use it no more, as I use the forum layer now when subs are packed. I have to check,

Damn... I hope that there is some sort of way to get them back... the images are still in de pack, and in the subsilver.cfg
On your site, the bottom subforums are even with those icons ;)
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Ah, if they are on ptifo, they are in the mod so : ptifo is really the reflect of CH 2.1.1RC plus extended template goody plus Topic Calendar 2.0.0RC.
White Dust

Post by White Dust »

Hmmz... and now trying to get those icons to work, lol :P

Awell... ill puzzle for a while (sugestions are welcome, offcourse :P)
sjfierce

Post by sjfierce »

Small issue:

When posting an announcement, I choose Announcement Ending Date as "Never Displayed", but it still posts it as an announcement lasting 7 days. I then have to edit the post and choose "Never Displayed" again, and it works fine.
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

> sjfierce : per default the duration is initialized to 7 days when you change the topic type (what is done on first hit : you change from normal to announce. Actually this is due to a phpBB bug, loosing the topic type) : you can avoid the edit by doing a preview before submitting, and adjust this duration.
White Dust

Post by White Dust »

Ehr... a new question :P

I want to use the
  • <!-- BEGIN switch_user_logged_out -->
    <!-- END switch_user_logged_out -->

<!-- BEGIN switch_user_logged_in -->
    <!-- END switch_user_logged_in -->
tags/switches within the index_stats_box.tpl... and... ehm... well... they don't do anything :P

is there an way to fix this? or is there another "logged in/out" switch?
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

> WhiteDust : they may work at root level, but probably not at nested level : I don't remind having the use for, so they probably aren't implemented. What particulary need you have for ?
White Dust

Post by White Dust »

Well... on the main indexpage (so no subforums/topic pages ;)) I want to display an userwelcome (welcome [name_user]) when logged in, and some board information (total posts/topics/users) when logged out.

I have edited the index_stats_box.tpl so that it only shows on the index.php (just using the <!-- BEGIN root --> switch :P)
TomboAhi

Post by TomboAhi »

I am getting a peculiar error.

I upgraded from CH 2.1.0 to CH 2.1.1. After doing so when I go to the ACP -> Caches -> Management I get the Caches Administration page but most of the content is missing. All I get is the following page

Click Here
Tombo Ahi
Cr@ter$

index.php

Post by Cr@ter$ »

Hi :D

Is there any particular reason why you have

Code: Select all

include($config->url('includes/page_header'));
$template->set_filenames(array('body' => 'index_body.tpl'));
below

// Generate the page
instead of below

//
// Start output of page
//
$page_title = empty($forum_id) ? $user->lang('Index') . ' - ' . $config->data['sitename'] : $user->lang('View_forum') . ' - ' . $user->lang($forums->data[$forum_id]['forum_name']); 
in the index.php :?:
Cr@ter$
.:[ Craterz.com ]:. | MOD: BBCode [hr]
Looking for a CH compatible style? Try Here.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”