[RC6]Categories hierarchy - sub-forums v2.1.1

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

> TomboAhi : reupload the original *form*.tpl files : you have probably modify one and screwed it.
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Categories Hierarchy v 2.1.1 goes to RC 2 :)
  • Changelog:
  • postgresql schema has been reviewed for v 7 compliancy (thanks to Kama),
  • fix the missing pagination in search,
  • fix the pagination in memberlist,
  • centralize the topic title enhancement to a single class (icons, event dates, sub-titles...),
  • posts icons html has been moved to the tpl files : this will allow different layout (ie a drop down list) for the icon box,
  • default icon is no more used on replies,
  • html is properly cleaned in topic title attributes when used as a bubble info on the pic,
  • add the ability to use an icon for "mark all forums read",
  • add a switch (postrow.title) to allow to hide to post subject when empty,
  • in conjonction with Topic Calendar : fix the message coming when creating a new topic in certain cases. Please upgrade TC too ;)
Find the new packs at the download page ! :)
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Woops ! The includes/class_config.php wasn't uptodate : for those who have already upgraded, just redownload the pack and re-upload this file. Sorry for the inconvenience.

NB.: the version of this file should be :

Code: Select all

*	Version		: 0.0.18 - 10/04/2005
TomboAhi

Post by TomboAhi »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: > TomboAhi : reupload the original *form*.tpl files : you have probably modify one and screwed it.

That did it, but I didn't change them when I upgraded. That would indicate to me that an old mod is no longer compatible. I will have to root around.

Thanks.
Tombo Ahi
White Dust

Post by White Dust »

Hmmz... I have installed a quickreply mod (smartor's quickreply)... But... ehm... it isnt working correctly.

If I type something in the quickreply and hit OK I get the normal posting.php screen with a preview of the message, the following 'error'
  • A new reply has been posted or the last post has been deleted while you were replying. Check the "Topic review" at bottom of this page, and resubmit your post if appropriate.
and futher the rest of the normal postingscreen with the typed message.

The error has something to do with the Categories hierarchy... atleast, it is an error from the lang_extend_cat_hierarchy.php file
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Oh, I read somewhere a fix for this issue. I think it was @ ggweb-fr.com - 'll look at it.

[edit]found it here. To sumup, reddog added in quickpost.php and its tpl the var named $topic_last_post_id (hidden), coming from the topic_last_post_id from topics table.
adiktd

Post by adiktd »

are pre-modded files for this version available? i just converted back from ipb to phpbb and i dont have any mods yet.
I'm no pro at any of this really but if I can help I will. :)

my board -> http://www.sofreshforums.com
my site -> http://www.adiktd.com
new biz -> http://www.girladspace.com

get a free blog -> http://www.dopetype.com
MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit »

Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."
RollieB

I'm confused

Post by RollieB »

I had to install a new clean 2.0.13 after having been hacked and losing over 50,000 posts. Then I installed the heirarchy mod in March - everything went well. Now I can't figure out on the download page which upgrade I need. Your instructions in this thread say go to the bottom so does that mean that I need this one?

Categories hierarchy v 2.1.1 - installed on phpBB 2.0.13

Or is there one that just upgrades the previous install with only changes?

Sorry I can't figure this out.

RollieB
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

You will find at the bottom of the page a "changelog" pack. However, if you didn't modify further your board, you may gain some times using the "installed" pack :).
RollieB

Post by RollieB »

I have installed the new mod using the full rather than the Changelog as you suggested and things seem to be working OK and no information was lost. :lol:

1. I did encounter one problem. I was unable to delete the Cache file and then saw later to set the CMOD to 777. It was already 777, is that why I couldn't delete it?

Anyway, I did upload the new files from the Root into the Cache file but now I'm wondering if it was OK to do that? There were quite a few .php files already in the Cache that I couldn't delete that weren't in the new one that came with the mod.

2. Also, in the ACPin Tpoic title attributes I'm seeing animated icons for topics that aren't showing up on the board. Do I need to do something else for them to show up?

3. I wish to install a mod that will let me edit the number of member posts. I found a mod here that will allow me to do that but will installing it mess up something on this update that I just installed?

Thanks so much for the help you have been giving me.

RollieB
trv

Post by trv »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: Oh, I read somewhere a fix for this issue. I think it was @ ggweb-fr.com - 'll look at it.

[edit]found it here. To sumup, reddog added in quickpost.php and its tpl the var named $topic_last_post_id (hidden), coming from the topic_last_post_id from topics table.

I have the exact same issue..

i don't understand french, so it's a little bit difficult for me to make the right changes. Can you please provide a fix in code format? Please..! :)
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Due to the upgrade of phpBB to 2.0.14, the mod goes to RC3. Not much to say, I only fix a bug when using eXtreme Style, and rework the postgresql schemas for the installer for postgresql version prior to v8, thanks once more to Kama :).

Note : this will probably be the last RC before final, as no flews has been discoverd ;).
trv

Post by trv »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr, could you please ask reddog from www.ggweb-fr.com/ forum, to provide us with instructions of how to fix the quick reply issue? I would ask for it myself, but i don't know french.. :(
Deriel

Post by Deriel »

I got the same quick reply issue

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”