[DISC] Improved pseudo sub-forums MOD 1.0.6

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Mehrpack

Post by Mehrpack »

hi,
nice work.

but i have a question. it is posible to add in the forumview of the parent forum (where show the sub-forum over the topics of the parent forum) in the front of the names of the subforen, the same icon like the forums have on the index?
(i mean this icon)
with the stances new and no new post?

sorry for my english.

Mehrpack
Nobody is Perfect.
niekas

Post by niekas »

Mehrpack wrote: hi,
nice work.

but i have a question. it is posible to add in the forumview of the parent forum (where show the sub-forum over the topics of the parent forum) in the front of the names of the subforen, the same icon like the forums have on the index?
(i mean this icon)
with the stances new and no new post?

sorry for my english.

Mehrpack

It already displays big folder image:

tahoebuff
Name: Michael

Post by tahoebuff »

niekas...

Anything of note to update from 1.0.4 to 1.0.5?

Tahoebuff
bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer »

For the sake of uniformity throughout the mod you may want to make the below change. The mod uses SubForum everywhere but in the FORUM MANGEMENT screen.
This field has been added by attached forums mod. It will display all attachable forums (if available) in this category

to
This field has been added by the sub-forums mod. It will display all attachable forums (if available) in this category
bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer »

Double post deleted.
yoeddy

Post by yoeddy »

Yeah, an update from 1.04 to 1.05 section would be nice.
niekas

Post by niekas »

tahoebuff wrote: niekas...

Tahoebuff

1.0.5 is pretty much release for users who need to be held by hand (admin panel and EasyMod compatibility)

It displays drop down select box of forums available to be attached to - only forums that are not attached to another forum and forums that are in the same category (of course it omits the forum being edited).

If forum has other forums attached to it select box is not available - you have option to detach all forums.

If you move parent forum to another category it will move all subforums to new category (if detach box is selected it will detach subforums and keep them in current category)..

If you move subforum to new category it will detach it from current parent.

So i focused on making it easier for admin to work with attached forums and prevent possible mistakes (attaching forums to themselves, preventing parent - children in separate categories, preventing multi level subforum trees).
yoeddy wrote: Yeah, an update from 1.04 to 1.05 section would be nice.

I don't have change log for this release, but its essentially admin.php admin template and a few lines in admin lang. The rest of the code remains pretty much the same.

I'll submit it to mod database if there are no bugs.
bonelifer wrote: For the sake of uniformity throughout the mod you may want to make the below change. The mod uses SubForum everywhere but in the FORUM MANGEMENT screen.

Thanks - i fixed that.
yoeddy

Post by yoeddy »

niekas wrote:
tahoebuff wrote:niekas...

Tahoebuff

1.0.5 is pretty much release for users who need to be held by hand (admin panel and EasyMod compatibility)

It displays drop down select box of forums available to be attached to - only forums that are not attached to another forum and forums that are in the same category (of course it omits the forum being edited).

If forum has other forums attached to it select box is not available - you have option to detach all forums.

If you move parent forum to another category it will move all subforums to new category (if detach box is selected it will detach subforums and keep them in current category)..

If you move subforum to new category it will detach it from current parent.

So i focused on making it easier for admin to work with attached forums and prevent possible mistakes (attaching forums to themselves, preventing parent - children in separate categories, preventing multi level subforum trees).
yoeddy wrote: Yeah, an update from 1.04 to 1.05 section would be nice.

I don't have change log for this release, but its essentially admin.php admin template and a few lines in admin lang. The rest of the code remains pretty much the same.

I'll submit it to mod database if there are no bugs.
bonelifer wrote: For the sake of uniformity throughout the mod you may want to make the below change. The mod uses SubForum everywhere but in the FORUM MANGEMENT screen.

Thanks - i fixed that.

So if I have version 1.04, it really isn't any different than what I currently have?
goofiestshark

hwlp

Post by goofiestshark »

do u just upload the file or do u have to code it in and if u can upload it were do u upload it to
niekas

Post by niekas »

yoeddy wrote: So if I have version 1.04, it really isn't any different than what I currently have?

Yes pretty much. Only admin backend is changed and code is shuffled around to make it work with easymod.
goofiestshark wrote: do u just upload the file or do u have to code it in and if u can upload it were do u upload it to

read this excellent tutorial by Ptirhiik on how to install a mod.

http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=175
Latinoportal.net

Post by Latinoportal.net »

hi niekas!

There is a small problem in the subforums view:

Look here:

http://www.latino-community.de/test/viewforum.php?f=7
(This is my testboard the the 1.0.5 Version of your mod)

For comparation:

http://www.latinoportal.de/portal/index.php?c=1
(This is the regular board)

Have a look at the font! It is not the same (regular one like before).

Can you fix that? Thanks.

regards
Matthias
loosh

Post by loosh »

I am trying to use this mod with MorpheusXDarkBlue and am having some trouble. Does anyone know how I could go about doing this if its possible?
Latinoportal.net

Another Question:

What is the reason for changing this (old)

to that (new)

???

Thanks!

Matthias
niekas

Post by niekas »

Latinoportal.net,

I don't see difference in fonts. Is your board themed for registered users?
About last post change. It displays the subject of the last post topic (no extra database queries so it doesn't slow down index at all). It was requested many times so i added to mod.
Loosh wrote: I am trying to use this mod with MorpheusXDarkBlue and am having some trouble. Does anyone know how I could go about doing this if its possible?

Try installing it by hand.
Latinoportal.net

Hi Niekas!

I have another question:

Why are the moderators not shown in the subforums view?

http://www.latino-community.de/test/viewforum.php?f=7

Thanks!

M.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”