[ABD] The wGEric Store Mod v0.1.2! Great for RPG boards!

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
geoffreak

Post by geoffreak »

Okay just a few more help additions and 0.1.2 is out

(sorry about it saying 0.1.2. don't know why it did...)
Anime Revolution - Your new #1 source for All things anime and manga!
READ MY BLOG ALREADY!
geoffreak

Post by geoffreak »

0.1.2 Released
  • New Features:
  • Cannot change default download path if any items are downloads
  • Help links in ACP next to places where people often have problems
  • Bug fix in downloading items
READ MY BLOG ALREADY!
igeoffi

Post by igeoffi »

thank you so much
ive been waiting for this
Smeep

Post by Smeep »

Geoffreak, you da man.
http://www.paint-zone.co.uk/ball

Paintballing webcomic ^^
geoffreak

Post by geoffreak »

:D I finally made a stable version :D
If anyone has any problems post them here!

(such as other places help links are needed)
READ MY BLOG ALREADY!
CorranH

Post by CorranH »

When I download it the update_011-012.txt does not load compleatly, it only loads up to about a page of the copy section
geoffreak

Post by geoffreak »

:lol:
That is all there is :wink:

Sorry, I should have put the end thing there :D
READ MY BLOG ALREADY!
Legba

Post by Legba »

Awsome! Downloads in 0.1.2 worked perfectly for me!

A few notes though:

Although the mod is 0.1.2, all the documentation, folders etc, say 0.1.1 (the mod installs into the folder "store_mod-011" for instance, and the install file is called "install-011.mod". This should be changed to reflect the fact that it's actually a new version, because it's slightly confusing.

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
templates/subSilver/viewtopic_body.tpl
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
# Full Line: <td width="150" align="left" valign="top" class="{postrow.ROW_CLASS}"><span class="name"><a name="{postrow.U_POST_ID}"></a><b>{postrow.POSTER_NAME}</b></span><br /><span class="postdetails">{postrow.POSTER_RANK}<br />{postrow.RANK_IMAGE}{postrow.POSTER_AVATAR}<br /><br />{postrow.POSTER_JOINED}<br />{postrow.POSTER_POSTS}<br />{postrow.POSTER_FROM}<br />{postrow.CASH}</span><br /></td>
# 
		<td width="150" align="left" valign="top" class="{postrow.ROW_CLASS}">
I couldn't find

<td width="150" align="left" valign="top" class="{postrow.ROW_CLASS}">
in the text: This might be because I've installed other mods, but oh well. Eventually, I just did a search for

#
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
<br />{postrow.CASH}
#
which worked fine: Since cash mod is a prerequisite for this mod, you know for sure that everyone will have that line of code, so why not just do a search directly for it?

Also, I still can't set the number of Allowed user stores to zero. Hum.

Finaly, some requests for the next version:

The downloadable content works great. Now, what I want is an "review" link. To be specific, I want to be able to designate a forum as a "review" forum (which I have on my boards anyway), and then when I create the store item, have a checkbox with the option to let my users review the content. If selected, a link should show up after the description saying something like "review this" (an optional message would be even niftier -- I want to be able to add an encouragement for my users, like say "review this: reviews are paid 100 gp"), which should take them to creating a new post in the relevant forum.

It seems to me that only downloadable files are available from the shop. Would it be possible to include scripted effects to take place as well? Like coloured names, extended .sig lines, new ranks, awards (working with the Awards Mod), etc. How about buying the ability to open your own shop? Adding stuff to a file that can be collected by an IRC bot to create personalised welcomes etc? I'm not asking you to program all this, but it would be nifty to have the ability to add scripting to the shop. I.e. instead of selecting a file to be bought, when creating the item you write in the code you want your users to buy, or something like that. Other mod authors could then take that and play with it -- it shouldn't be that hard to include a script that says "if user has bought the colour purple, all users posts should be in purple."

The ability to "use up" items in posts. If a user has bought a tankard of ale, and wants to publicly drink it, he should be able to use it in the post. For instance: A drop-down table next to "Font size" selects the item from the list of items the user has. The BB code [ITEM=Tankard of Ale] apears; in the post, that shows up as a link called Tankard of Ale, with the link pointing to the pop-up description of the item (same as clicking on the name of the item in the shop). When posted, the item is deducted from the items the user has. One caveat: You must be able to chose when creating the item whether it's usable or not, and perhaps a statement like "[usable]" next to the item name would be in order. Downloadable content should never be usable.

Keep up the excelent work! :D

Emanuel
Legba

Post by Legba »

Another request: If Cash mod is disabled, the links to the store in the header should disapear. :)

Emanuel
Smeep

Post by Smeep »

Legba wrote: The ability to "use up" items in posts. If a user has bought a tankard of ale, and wants to publicly drink it, he should be able to use it in the post. For instance: A drop-down table next to "Font size" selects the item from the list of items the user has. The BB code [ITEM=Tankard of Ale] apears; in the post, that shows up as a link called Tankard of Ale, with the link pointing to the pop-up description of the item (same as clicking on the name of the item in the shop). When posted, the item is deducted from the items the user has. One caveat: You must be able to chose when creating the item whether it's usable or not, and perhaps a statement like "[usable]" next to the item name would be in order. Downloadable content should never be usable.

Keep up the excelent work! :D

Emanuel

I like that Idea. Especially if the item could effect the board or user some how. Anyway, I foresee a problem. The "use item" script would have to occur before the post. Because otherwise, the user would come back to this page and the "Use item" script would try to deduct another of the same item from the users inventory, and ultimatly, try to deduct from 0, causing an error. Shouldn't be to hard to make a work around, but I just thought I'd point it out because I know I'd forget if I were coding.
http://www.paint-zone.co.uk/ball

Paintballing webcomic ^^
Goten02

Post by Goten02 »

need help

after I install it everything are fine but when I delete give me this message

General Error
Error doing download check

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LIMIT 1' at line 1

SELECT item_download, item_special FROM phpbb_store_items WHERE item_id = LIMIT 1

Line : 481
File : admin_store.php
Cronz

Post by Cronz »

THX FOR LOOKING INTO IT

~removed
Last edited by Cronz on Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
Goten02

Post by Goten02 »

I have another question

for downloading if I want link from other site than it self how I do it ? example I install store mod at www.abc.com but I want download item from www.def.com can I do that ? how ?

thanks
aaarrr

Post by aaarrr »

Similar to Goten02 error

error getting store's information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LIMIT 1' at line 1

SELECT * FROM phpbb_store_list WHERE store_id = LIMIT 1

Line : 365
File : functions_store.php
n0obie4life

Post by n0obie4life »

you shlda given him a PM instead :roll: .

Now look at his demo site, its being abused :D.
Last edited by n0obie4life on Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”