[ABD] The wGEric Store Mod v0.1.2! Great for RPG boards!

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
*=Matt=*

Post by *=Matt=* »

where is your shop?
HoundoftheB

Post by HoundoftheB »

Alright, I am trying to install this via esaymod, and it cannot find the file shop_db, because it doesn't exist. How can I install it, when the thing thinks that it needs a file that isn't there?

I don't know alot when it comes to php, sql, what-not, so is there an easy way to install this other than easymod

Why does the db not come with the package? or get edited out of the install directions?
Last edited by HoundoftheB on Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ciccino

Post by ciccino »

adsenseguide wrote: I have fixed the download problem, that caused the mod to transfer the same file every time.

In the "spirit" of this mod, the updated version is available at my shop :D

noo, i must have 200 points :cry:
HoundoftheB

Post by HoundoftheB »

-edit- read the above post ^
|
mckooter

Post by mckooter »

HoundoftheB wrote: Alright, I am trying to install this via esaymod, and it cannot find the file shop_db, because it doesn't exist. How can I install it, when the thing thinks that it needs a file that isn't there?

I don't know alot when it comes to php, sql, what-not, so is there an easy way to install this other than easymod

Why does the db not come with the package? or get edited out of the install directions?

Read the info.txt
store_db.php is no longer in the package as there is a new automatic database updater built into the admin_store.php.
All installation scripts are found in the upgrade + installation folder.

:) thats why its not there, its built into the admin file, i havent used this version but have you tried calling admin/admin_store.php
HoundoftheB

Post by HoundoftheB »

I haven't. I will though
Ben42

Post by Ben42 »

Does anyone have a store thats working I can check out that has stuff in it? The Demo Store is empty.
HoundoftheB

Post by HoundoftheB »

Anyone have any idea when the next version will be out? Sorry to be annoying, but I'm interested to know.

My forum uses the DAJ Glass template, it's a free one from here. The code's little different than Subsilver. Anyway what if the next version of shop mod could have directions for the template, if so you would be my hero. If not, it's ok.
egriz

Post by egriz »

I would also like to know. I need this exact thing but I need it to send out an email or PM to the seller of the item so i know when an item was sold and who it was sold to!
Acidify

Post by Acidify »

Can you give me a tutorial on how to install this mod.And can it be installed with easymod and if it can how do I do it since it keep saying it cant copy store_db
Veljo

Post by Veljo »

For over a month I've had users creating their own stores and moving items from their inventories into them to sell to other members.

Only recently, whenever you most an item to the store it always says 0 available and the item never leaves your inventory. Any ideas what could be wrong?
Prizem

Post by Prizem »

Ben42 wrote: Does anyone have a store thats working I can check out that has stuff in it? The Demo Store is empty.

I have a fully-functioning store set up at http://www.twilightus.net/bleacher/index.php
HoundoftheB wrote: Anyone have any idea when the next version will be out? Sorry to be annoying, but I'm interested to know.

unfortunately, it appears the developer of this mod has disappeared, as the first post in this thread was updated on September 4th, almost four months ago
Rizzn.

Post by Rizzn. »

I don't know if he's updating it. I sent him a PM saying that I believe I've managed to fix the permissions bug.

I've also got a working 'usable items' mod similar to Moogie's mod for Zarath's shop system. I've only got one item (a scratch off lotto ticket) loaded up on my site right now, and I'm still working on the system, but I've got it working. It'll take some more time to get it completely secure and running smoothly. I also want to make it a little more user friendly for the admins...

I'd rather not post it yet, until we know what's going on with this mod. I'd really hate to post an add-on for a dead mod and then have people constantly bugging me on how to fix the main mod. I personally don't have the time (or extensive enough knowledge) to pick up the development of a mod that may or may not be abandoned.

If you want to test it try out my test site here: http://www.mornproductions.com/RPGTest/.
Test account:
name: test
pass: testing
Prizem

Post by Prizem »

Rizzn. wrote: I don't know if he's updating it. I sent him a PM saying that I believe I've managed to fix the permissions bug.

Good, you got it to block editing and deleting! I also sent him a pm a while ago with a fix but it doesn't seem like he took to it.

example: http://www.twilightus.net/test/ (Test:test)

The script is available here:
http://www.twilightus.net/other/scripts ... /store.txt

I also added some checks to see if they are at least logged in before doing anything. Without that, they can still at least anonymously create stores:
http://www.mornproductions.com/RPGTest/ ... eate_store
Rizzn.

Post by Rizzn. »

My fix was similar to yours, but I usually try to not call SQL functions from the main PHP file. There are functions already defined in store_functions.php that handle those.

Your code:

Code: Select all

$check = "SELECT * FROM " . STORE_LIST . " WHERE store_id = " . intval($id);
    $result = $db->sql_query($check);
    $row = $db->sql_fetchrow($result);
    if ($row['owner_id'] != $userdata['user_id']) {
      message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, "You cannot delete stores which you do not own!");
    }
    else
    {
     //delete_store code
    }
Mine:

Code: Select all

$id = intval($id);
    $row = store_info($id);
    $owner_id = $row['owner_id'];

if ($userdata['user_id'] == $owner_id)
    {
     //delete_store code
    }
    else
    {
      message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, "You can't delete someone else's store!");
    }
I'm going to go through your code and compare it to mine. I'll see if I can improve my methods and try to find anything I may have missed. I'll post a 'fix' file to close the known bugs when I finish.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”