[ABD] The wGEric Store Mod v0.1.2! Great for RPG boards!

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Rizzn.

Post by Rizzn. »

I've made a pre-edited store.php file to fix the permissions bug and redirect guests to the login page from certain pages that guests shouldn't be able to view.

I have also included a code changes file (named patch.txt) for people that may have modded their store.php.

Store Security Patch
caspert_ghost

ABANDONED...again

Post by caspert_ghost »

The original author "Wgeric " abandoned this mod well over 2 years ago,
then comes geo and everyone gets there hopes up and starts eying the mod again. and as it appears that the "re" authour of this mod has once again abondoned it as his last post was Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:48 pm almost 3 months. so unless he responds sometime soon this will be yet another "locked" topic to join in on the other 700 locked abandoned shop mods out there that still dont work.
Prizem

Post by Prizem »

Kind of like zarath's. Well, it's a promising mod, maybe someone with enough time and knowledge can take it up if nothing else.
laisvai

Post by laisvai »

Yea...it seems to be very difficult mod...
caspert_ghost

Post by caspert_ghost »

I downloaded this mod, fixed a couple of bugs, changed a few lines of code so it works with the CH ACP, and deleted the "auto" db install and created a seperate db_install file..
It works as far as I can tell..

need to add a few items, set up a test account and see if it buys, and sells as it should...

NOW to find WHERE to get items to put into it LOL

also anyone heard of the "usable items mod" what is it, whats it do etc...
Prizem

Post by Prizem »

caspert_ghost wrote: I downloaded this mod, fixed a couple of bugs, changed a few lines of code so it works with the CH ACP, and deleted the "auto" db install and created a seperate db_install file..
It works as far as I can tell..

need to add a few items, set up a test account and see if it buys, and sells as it should...

NOW to find WHERE to get items to put into it LOL

also anyone heard of the "usable items mod" what is it, whats it do etc...

Can you post the changes you've made? bugs you've fixed? I put together some of the mods from the first post: multiple purchases, let admins set item amounts in inventories in admin panel, and let users set item amounts to delete.

http://www.twilightus.net/other/scripts ... e_mods.zip

Also, a system for usable items is being made by Rizzen.
caspert_ghost

Post by caspert_ghost »

Your on the right track. I too downloaded the script from them. Theirs is the .0.0.5 version.
So what I did was installed it, then did the update part from this script.

at the top of the store.php is a line that say's 1), should say true)
then just a few minor errors will pop up and you should be able to fix it.
HEED, there is ONE part of the update that MUST go (above) so pay attention to your coding.
Rizzn.

Post by Rizzn. »

Perhaps if the three of us worked together and shared the changes we've made, then we can make something out of this system.

I posted at the beginning of this page my changes/fixesm, and I have the demo of the working items on my test site (http://www.mornproductions.com/RPGTest name: test pass: tester). There is only one working item up for the time being, but I can quickly make and add more, I just ran out of easy ideas for usable items that don't involve including an entire RPG. As far as special effects (hues, shades, glows, etc.) go, many of them do not work cross-browser, so I didn't want to work on them until the other projects I've had going recently were completed.
caspert_ghost

Post by caspert_ghost »

Sounds like a plan. IF the three ofg us can code it correctly...

I have it installed and working on my test server...
everything thus far seems to be working with no noticable issues (knock on wood)

the look just isnt what I had in mind for this,
Am going to try and move things around... rather than having the large gap between the tables I am going to make it look like a single table with individual topics.
Leaving "YOUR stores" at the top "board stores" in the middle, and fianlay user stores at the end.

I fixed it so a user cannot add an item to his/her store until they actually have it (meaning bought it from another store)
Users (at this point) cannot create items...
For other items they can pass around or RL items I am going to implement the auction board (but thats another topic LOL)

anyways.. I got this shop it is working and see no issues with it.. if you find bugs or errors DO please continue to post as I will implement them and try to get in touch with the author and see if we can take it over.
Prizem

Post by Prizem »

caspert_ghost wrote: Theirs is the .0.0.5 version.
So what I did was installed it, then did the update part from this script.

I'll be using the updated files by geoffreak, since he added some useful things.
Rizzn. wrote: Perhaps if the three of us worked together and shared the changes we've made, then we can make something out of this system.

I posted at the beginning of this page my changes/fixesm, and I have the demo of the working items on my test site (http://www.mornproductions.com/RPGTest name: test pass: tester). There is only one working item up for the time being, but I can quickly make and add more, I just ran out of easy ideas for usable items that don't involve including an entire RPG. As far as special effects (hues, shades, glows, etc.) go, many of them do not work cross-browser, so I didn't want to work on them until the other projects I've had going recently were completed.

We could do that with enough cooperation. The changes you mentioned is the security patch I believe, which I added in the zip I recently posted (which I updated so multiple buying works by the mod file). (Also, the password for "test" is "testing" :wink: ) I do think you have the right idea for usable items. The next thing would be to let mods and admins force items to be used, and maybe to let users/mods/admins select a number of items they want to use instead of one at a time.
caspert_ghost wrote: I fixed it so a user cannot add an item to his/her store until they actually have it (meaning bought it from another store)
Users (at this point) cannot create items...
For other items they can pass around or RL items I am going to implement the auction board (but thats another topic LOL)

anyways.. I got this shop it is working and see no issues with it.. if you find bugs or errors DO please continue to post as I will implement them and try to get in touch with the author and see if we can take it over.

Please do post any changes you think should be added to the cumulative script.

Also, if he really doesn't plan to check back, I can go ahead and try doing something with some of the other changes listed on the first post.
Rizzn.

Post by Rizzn. »

If we need a central forum for discussing changes and additions (before making an official thread here), we can use my test forums. http://www.mornproductions.com/RPGTest/
egriz

Post by egriz »

does your new code notify the owner of the store of a transaction?

I had thi smod installed before but if something was purchased, the owner of the store wasn't notified of the sale nor did he know who bought the item.

The use of this script that I am seeking needs to have this information.

I am going to have a product for sell on my forum. If someone buys the product from me with their points, I need to be notified when the transaction takes place and who was involved so I can deliver the item to them. Thanks for any help!

Chris
caspert_ghost

Post by caspert_ghost »

deliver the item??
I think you are misunderstanding the point of this mod.
This is a store mod for RPG boards... you buy stuff that is IN the store.. you buy it then you have it... if it is NOT IN the store then you cannot buy it.

If your wanting to sell actual things you will need to use an actual store with online shopping cart ect. etc.
egriz

Post by egriz »

Ok, if I were to not deliver the items. Does it at least tell the store owner who bought the items?
Prizem

Post by Prizem »

no, it doesn't, but it can be added

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”