[ABD] The wGEric Store Mod v0.1.2! Great for RPG boards!

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
egriz

Post by egriz »

I would really like this mod if it had that functionality. So if you guys that are developing it feel like adding it, I would really appreciate it!
caspert_ghost

Post by caspert_ghost »

Its for a game... Why would you care WHO bought what?
This is NOT a real store where you use real money.
Prizem

Post by Prizem »

caspert_ghost wrote: Its for a game... Why would you care WHO bought what?
This is NOT a real store where you use real money.

That's true, although there used to be plans to make it compatible with PayPal.

Well, I added it. You can turn it on/off in admin. Multiple purchases has to be previously installed:
http://www.twilightus.net/other/scripts ... e_mods.zip
egriz

Post by egriz »

I'm not wanting to use real money for this, I just want to know who bought what. I understand that this is for a game but I am going to use it for a little different function with points in the cash mod.
Rizzn.

Post by Rizzn. »

To be able to do item tracking on a specific item, you would have to create a unique entry for every single item in the database. As it's currently written, you have one entry for each item type and a database field on that entry for the quantity of that item, which makes tracking of a specific item impossible.

There might be a way to track items such that you add another field in the item's entry for that person pointing to which store it was purchased from. A problem arises from that should someone purchase the same item from multiple stores, as it would combine them all into the same item in the person's inventory. You would need to add code such that items bought from various stores would be kept in seperate entries; however, your users might become a little bit frustrated by having multiple entries of the same item in their inventory. Another problem arises if they trade the item or sell it in their own store. You'll have to code such that it appends the previous 'purchased from' entry rather than replacing it.

However, if you just want to receive a PM including a small message and the names of the buyer and item, then Prizem has already released an add-on that adds that functionality.
Prizem

Post by Prizem »

Item tracking would be an obstacle. That would only be good for admins. You don't want people seeing what items go where and what's done with them. For all purposes intended in this, the add-on I added should do fine for normal users. If you wanted, it could be easily changed to also pm the head admin (id = 2) or whomever if someone buys from a board store.

Something easier for item tracking might be just to make logs of things, such as who buys what of what amount, if they delete something or put it in a store, if another admin changes an amount or deletes it or adds an item, what items do which admins add to the database and to stores, all of which deal with tracking what is happening with items.
Rizzn.

Post by Rizzn. »

Right, making logs of transfers would be the best way to go about this. Some mods, like Cash MOD, already keep logs, so it shouldn't be too difficult to implement.
Prizem

Post by Prizem »

True, but logs are also tedious to implement.

note: pm message add-on altered to pm board owner (id 2) upon purchase from a board store
egriz

Post by egriz »

Thanks guys for letting me know about this stuff.
In my application, I only plan on having one store on my site and that will be the board store. Users will now have their own store. This should make it easy for me to do with your addon that you created.

I'll let you know how it works, Chris
egriz

Post by egriz »

Ok, I installed the mod and the new features seem great. My only other question would be related to the PM user when item sold.

Is it possible to make it so the board admin is notified via PM when an item is sold from a board store?

Thanks
Prizem

Post by Prizem »

egriz wrote: Is it possible to make it so the board admin is notified via PM when an item is sold from a board store?

Do you mean all of the admin? Right now, it's set up to pm the board owner when an item is purchased from a board store.
egriz

Post by egriz »

Hmm, I did this but me (the board owner) didn't recieve the pm when an item was sold!

any idea why this is happening!
egriz

Post by egriz »

egriz wrote: Hmm, I did this but me (the board owner) didn't recieve the pm when an item was sold!

any idea why this is happening!

Ok, I figured it out. I forgot to run the sql in the pm code. It works great!

Another feature I was thinking of was a way to only allow a user to have their own store if they are part of a certain group!

Let me know if this would be possible!

Chris
Rizzn.

Post by Rizzn. »

egriz wrote: Another feature I was thinking of was a way to only allow a user to have their own store if they are part of a certain group!

Let me know if this would be possible!

Chris

It would be possible, but it would need to be coded.
egriz

Post by egriz »

I'm having issues with the popup when you click an item to see the item details.

The popup isn't big enough when you have pictures with the description. It is wide enough but not tall enough and there isn't any scroll bars. How can I fix this so the popup is either big enough or has scroll bars so I can scroll down and see the rest of the description?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”