[BETA] Smiley management

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Merlin Sythove

Re: [BETA] Smiley management

Post by Merlin Sythove »

This is what it should say in posting.php around line 95:

Code: Select all

//START MOD Smiley_management
  $page_id = ( !empty($HTTP_GET_VARS['page']) ) ? intval($HTTP_GET_VARS['page']) : 0;
	generate_smilies('window', PAGE_POSTING, $page_id);
	//END MOD Smiley_management
i.e. the page number is passed properly.
Also check your smilies_pages table to see that page_id number 2 does indeed exist, c.q. that both pages have different id's.
Need custom work done? Pimp My Forum!
rhinton

Post by rhinton »

this happened with me as well. somwhere in this thread we figured out what the problem was and fixed it. you'll just have to search for it under my screen name.
flameshad0w

Post by flameshad0w »

Thanks guys, I fixed it. Turns out somehow the posting.php file wasn't modded in the right place... :?
Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

flameshad0w wrote: Thanks guys, I fixed it. Turns out somehow the posting.php file wasn't modded in the right place... :?

Was that your fault, or the fault of the MOD file? Sometimes the bit to search for, is not unique, for example, which may cause problems. Please let me know.
Anette K

Post by Anette K »

I have read all of the 23 pages of this thread and searched for sollutions using the username rhinton as a term, gone through alle his posts - but I can't find the solution.

I have installed the MOD - but have no texts on the buttons in the admin control panel. And have made so far 4 smiles groups - but the links on the pages only gives access to the first one.

I have checked and tried out all the different thing in this thread.

PLEASE help me! I LOVE this MOD already and really want to make it work!
Play123

Post by Play123 »

Nice Mod!
Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

Anette K wrote:I have read all of the 23 pages of this thread and searched for sollutions using the username rhinton as a term, gone through alle his posts - but I can't find the solution.

I have installed the MOD - but have no texts on the buttons in the admin control panel.
That sounds like you forgot to do the language file in the admin section (language/lang_english/lang_admin.php)
And have made so far 4 smiles groups - but the links on the pages only gives access to the first one.
Read the manual, the smiley pages must be given the correct properties so that a normal user, with the correct template, will be allowed to see it.

Succes!
Anette K

Post by Anette K »

Merlin Sythove wrote: That sounds like you forgot to do the language file in the admin section (language/lang_english/lang_admin.php)
Thanks for your answer!!

Right! Actually I did edit the language file, but the wrong one, because my forum has Danish as the default language! So I edited the Danish language file, and now I do have buttons and text! Hurrah!!! :D
Merlin Sythove wrote: Read the manual, the smiley pages must be given the correct properties so that a normal user, with the correct template, will be allowed to see it.

Succes!
I still can't get this to work. I have tried deleing all smiles and started over but I still can't get the page to change. If I look at the properties of the link it does show the rigth path like: http://www.anettes.dk/katteforum/postin ... ies&page=5 but still shows the same smiles on all pages which are the smiles from the first page, set as the default smiles. If I change the default smiles page to be the second set that set will show up - but now this will be the one to be shown on all pages. If I set more than one page as default only the first one will show up.

I have read the manual but can't find any solution for it in there, sorry.
Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

Anette K wrote:Right! Actually I did edit the language file, but the wrong one, because my forum has Danish as the default language! So I edited the Danish language file, and now I do have buttons and text! Hurrah!!! :D
Right, that is one :D
I still can't get this to work. I have tried deleing all smiles and started over but I still can't get the page to change. If I look at the properties of the link it does show the rigth path like: http://www.anettes.dk/katteforum/postin ... ies&page=5 but still shows the same smiles on all pages which are the smiles from the first page, set as the default smiles. If I change the default smiles page to be the second set that set will show up - but now this will be the one to be shown on all pages. If I set more than one page as default only the first one will show up.
Set the Access property, and the theme property, correctly for all pages. Double check by reloading the page to check the properties. If it still doesn't work, please report back with your smiley page name, access and theme settings for each page.
Anette K

Post by Anette K »

Sorry, still the same. I have tried setting Theme Property to All Themes or subSilver.

There's 3 pages - Smallest, Small and Medium.

They all have the same settings:
Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

OK, please also check that all three pages links are shown for the user when he is posting, and put the mouse on the links to see in the status line of your browser, what the links are.

I'll see if I can have another check of the code this weekend (it's friday night here now, time to go and enjoy the thunderstorms and the night life :D)
Anette K

Post by Anette K »

Merlin Sythove wrote:OK, please also check that all three pages links are shown for the user when he is posting, and put the mouse on the links to see in the status line of your browser, what the links are.

I'll see if I can have another check of the code this weekend (it's friday night here now, time to go and enjoy the thunderstorms and the night life :D)
Checked the links - they do show up and say the right thing in the status line.
If needed I'll give you Admin access to the forum :geek:

Have a nice friday night - and go easy on the thunderstorms :)
Anette K

Post by Anette K »

Are you home yet Mr. Merlin? :D
Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

Sorry, haven't had time yet.

The links in the smiley popup window must look like http://www.forum.com/phpBB/posting.php? ... es&page=17 where each link of course points to a different page number. Those page numbers must exist in your smilies_pages table.

If that is all correct, the error is in posting.php somewhere, or in related files such as functions. Double check those.
Tudorius

Post by Tudorius »

Works fine. Thanks. :geek:

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”