[BETA] Smiley management

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

FlyersFan27 wrote: Got a critical error. This is what it said in easy mod

ritical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [includes/functions_post.php] could not find:...

What it is looking for is this:

Code: Select all

//
// Fill smiley templates (or just the variables) with smileys
// Either in a window or inline
//
function generate_smilies($mode, $page_id)
{
(lots of stuff)
}
which is the complete function, as specified in the MOD file:#

#-----[ FIND ]-----------------------------------------------------------------
# Complete function generate_smilies
#
This is because the complete function is replaced, whether you have made any changes to it for other mods, or not.
Need custom work done? Pimp My Forum!
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

While copying one page to another...

Error is

Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'oh!' ,11,44,1,0,0) , (0,'=P~','eusa_drool.gif', 'Drool' ,11,45,1
EDIT:

Values causing the problem.

(0,'#-o','eusa_doh.gif', 'd'oh!' ,11,44,1,0,0)
So the 'do'h!' is the problem.
Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

poyntesm wrote: So the 'do'h!' is the problem.

Yes, the apostrophe is the problem. The simplest solution is to remove it, i.e. do not use apostrophe's in the smiley description.
BabyLove

Post by BabyLove »

hy!

I have installed this MOD on my "phpbb2 Plus" forum and it works, installed with not problems. :D

the only problem was getting to know how it works!
it took me forever to figure out how to add new smilie, edit it and sav it,...

Anyway i have 1 problem doe. I can't get to show smilies on new post page? There are simply missing?
But if i click on "Show all smilies", i get the general smilies shown and option to pick other pages. But on the page where we write new posts, there are no smilies showen?

Where can i fix that?
THANK YOU for this MOD and for help !!!!! :D 8)

Lana aka BabyLove
www.fu-student.com
Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

The direct answer is that with eachsmiley, you can set a checkbox for "Inline" and then that smiley will be shown next to the posting text box. You will find an extensive manual to download on page 1 of this topic!
Hoppy2

Post by Hoppy2 »

Awesome Mod! I am running into a small snag though...

I have read through all 21 pages, and I found where you can enable scrollbars, mine are all enabled, (on all themes) and I've tried playing with the screen sizes, but it still sometimes cuts off the last few smilies. Any ideas?
Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

No, sorry. How many smileys do you have on that page, and do you have the pop up window size set correctly?
Hoppy2

Post by Hoppy2 »

I have some smiley categories that have very few cats, and some that have a lot. Here is my forum link:

http://graphicsbyjamie.com/shedevilsden/forum/index.php

if you need to log in, use User test, PW test

I'm seeing now that my category listings are missing from the top too on certain themes....hmmm...

I used EM to install...Thanks!
Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

Hoppy2 wrote: I have some smiley categories that have very few cats, and some that have a lot. Here is my forum link:

http://graphicsbyjamie.com/shedevilsden/forum/index.php

if you need to log in, use User test, PW test

I'm seeing now that my category listings are missing from the top too on certain themes....hmmm...

I used EM to install...Thanks!

I'm not sure if the "Thanks!" means "I solved it, it is working fine now". If you still have a problem, try to answer the questions I asked: on the page that is not performing correctly, how many smileys do you have, and do you have the popup window size set correctly?
There also is an instruction manual with this mod on how to use the admin interface. If you haven't seen that yet, please read it :D
Hoppy2

Post by Hoppy2 »

Sorry Merlin, I posted this AM after pulling an all nighter working on my board... these things are highly addictive! :lol:

Okay, I realized that like an idiot, I had the popup height and width not matching from my smiley control panel. I do still have the problem of not seeing the additional categories on my Ash Hawaiian theme...but it's showing up on the rest of my themes... :?
Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

OK, everything works, and it sounds like in your Ash Hawaian theme you forgot to do the template part of the mod. Or Easymod couldn't do it. Check that posting_smilies.tpl was uploaded to the template folder.
Hoppy2

Post by Hoppy2 »

Well, after going over everything again, I decided to look at the MOD itself. I went through, and there were quite a few files that weren't changed, so I changed those. I must have accidentally FTP'd the posting_smileys.tpl from my local computer over the one on my server, because I got that fixed too. So far, so good! I understand MODS as far as changing things, it's adding to the DB that confuses me! Guess I need to read up more on it! Thanks for a great MOD, and trying to help a novice out! :D
Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

You're welcome! Enjoy the MOD!
camper111

Post by camper111 »

This is my problem, In topic don´t show smilies, but I put replay so I see smilies. Thx for help

Merlin Sythove

Post by Merlin Sythove »

The manual explains how you must set the INLINE checkbox for the smileys you want to see next to your posting textarea.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”