[BETA] phpBB Neptune v0.1.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT »

:S i had no idea i was doing a karma mod, i no there is already one out there so im not gonna bother to do one i just want a simple wanring / ban system :)
danb00

Post by danb00 »

none of you are getting me here.
the warning system stays the same
now you have this funny banning system were it times out stuff, now this is seperate from the warning system!
its more of a anoyance thing
phpBBModded.com - Modding phpBB
MaddoxX

Post by MaddoxX »

Yes, please keep normal things!

1. After 3x he will get banned.
2. The rank thingy.. so after 3x he will get banned rank.. (admin can choose the ID which rank)
3. Description (when the mod or admin) clicks for the 3x on the warning thing it will give a description thing; Why he has been banned or something.. if admin/mod doesn't enter anything it will be just a normal message..
4. User that has warnings gets a message somewhere that he has been warned xx times
5. Button on viewtopic next to edit button (warn/unwarn button)

1. DONE
2. DONE
3. No idea if it has been done...
4. No idea if it has been done...
5. NOT DONE

Another request:
Instead of text with warn/un-warn, make a Button with warn / unwarn :D

That's what I know atm. I don't like the other functions (weird page thing)
Last edited by MaddoxX on Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:44 pm, edited 4 times in total.
:D
Zypher

Post by Zypher »

that's why i didnt want the karma MOD. why do you think I ask not to have it intergrated?
- Zypher

~Beware of the Darkness Within!~

Fully Loaded
A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT »

im a bit lost here :S lol

the description in pm is done, and show the # of warns on view topic is done aswell so ill get the zip out tonight if my parents dont take over the computer on me :roll:
MaddoxX

Post by MaddoxX »

A.I. BOT wrote: im a bit lost here :S lol

the description in pm is done, and show the # of warns on view topic is done aswell so ill get the zip out tonight if my parents dont take over the computer on me :roll:

Just look 2 posts back ;) Then ya'll see what we requested / what you made :P
Dagon

Post by Dagon »

Very nice work. I am glad you are going to display the number of warnings. :) Will it show in the profile view as well?

May I also suggest being able to warn, unwarn, and view the number of warnings from the user management as well?
MaddoxX

Post by MaddoxX »

Dagon wrote: Very nice work. I am glad you are going to display the number of warnings. :) Will it show in the profile view as well?

May I also suggest being able to warn, unwarn, and view the number of warnings from the user management as well?

Why from the management?
I mean.. if ur browsing as admin on the forums.. I think you will click on the persons name you want to warn.. but maybe an admin page in the Admin CP to list all members that have been warned and how much they have been warned.. edit reason etc :?
A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT »

:)

RC1: http://www.aibots.net/v2/cvs/warning3.zip

If theres no further questions or problems im planning to submit the mod tommorrow or late tonight.

thanks
Dagon

Post by Dagon »

MaddoxX wrote:
Dagon wrote:Very nice work. I am glad you are going to display the number of warnings. :) Will it show in the profile view as well?

Why from the management?
I mean.. if ur browsing as admin on the forums.. I think you will click on the persons name you want to warn.. but maybe an admin page in the Admin CP to list all members that have been warned and how much they have been warned.. edit reason etc :?

Because the profile view is for viewing a profile. The management view is for editing someone's profile. That is the way phpBB functions. That is also the way many other mods work.

Now, let's say you have a large forum. The only way you can get to the ban control is via a user profile. But you have hundreds, maybe thousands of posts per day. How do you find their name in a thread to click on it? You have to search out some posts they have made, check the thread, then click on their profile button. That, or you can attempt to search through the member list by hand. It can be a hassle if you don't have one of their posts sitting right in front of you. That is fine if it is in profile view too, but if it is in the user management, you can issue warnings/bans at the same time you are doing other management functions. Personally, I kind of like the way Neils had his setup where you could warn directly from the post, but you could see and edit the number of warnings from the user management.

But your line of thinking is correct, if someone is an admin browsing the forums, they should be able to click a name. Funny I should have a mod on my forums that does just that. If I click someone's profile button, I just see the profile. If I click their name, it takes me to user management for that user. :)
A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT »

<sigh>

you do the warnings from the acp now, zip updated.
danb00

Post by danb00 »

there is only one real probelm with this mod

the option in warn_config.php needs to be defined in ACP using SQL :)

other than that nice mod!
A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT »

hmm ill update the zip tommorrow before i submit it for validation, ill add adding 'why' person was warned, and ill have the config in the General Configurations of the ACP.

:) thanks
Zypher

Post by Zypher »

Yay, RC1 is out. Awsome, I will have it. :)
- Zypher

~Beware of the Darkness Within!~

Fully Loaded
danb00

Post by danb00 »

nice :)
i will be using this mod on my forum, as it looks better than the cards hack

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”