[RC3] Referral Plus v 1.3.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
chat2f
Registered User
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 5:25 pm

Post by chat2f » Fri May 13, 2005 4:48 pm

Looks a great mod but having trouble we have installed it into our message boards but when we tested it out the e-mail was never sent and ideas

MentalMaze
Registered User
Posts: 531
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:22 am
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Post by MentalMaze » Fri May 13, 2005 6:41 pm

chat2f wrote: Looks a great mod but having trouble we have installed it into our message boards but when we tested it out the e-mail was never sent and ideas


Are you getting any errors? Are you sure all files have been loaded to the proper directories? What version are you using? Gold, Points, or Regular without rewards?

What is your board mail setup? SMTP or Board?

I need a place to start to try and duplicate error or non result to know for sure.
When I whisper of deep dark space or
Ponder upon that of the rhyme of time
I find there is no change in the words of rhyme
Whereas there is in both space and time

Trapps
Registered User
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:06 pm

Post by Trapps » Fri May 13, 2005 6:46 pm

MentalMaze wrote:
chat2f wrote:Looks a great mod but having trouble we have installed it into our message boards but when we tested it out the e-mail was never sent and ideas


Are you getting any errors? Are you sure all files have been loaded to the proper directories? What version are you using? Gold, Points, or Regular without rewards?

What is your board mail setup? SMTP or Board?

I need a place to start to try and duplicate error or non result to know for sure.


I'll answer this seeing as I'm the tech one (same site).

Not getting any errors, the software seems to be working fine. Everything is correctly loaded and modded and in the correct directories, otherwise I would probably get the aforementioned errors no doubt.

Board is set up to use php mail, not smtp.

If you wish to check it yourself, I'll set up a test acct.

MentalMaze
Registered User
Posts: 531
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:22 am
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Post by MentalMaze » Fri May 13, 2005 7:31 pm

Trapps wrote: I'll answer this seeing as I'm the tech one (same site).

Not getting any errors, the software seems to be working fine. Everything is correctly loaded and modded and in the correct directories, otherwise I would probably get the aforementioned errors no doubt.

Board is set up to use php mail, not smtp.

If you wish to check it yourself, I'll set up a test acct.


Hmmm I have not seen this one yet. Not sure what I could tell from trying to send a mail but could give a look. Have you any mods installed that change includes/smtp.php? The code is pretty standard stuff from derived from php.net and a couple other sources on how to handle this, I am surprised there is an issue.

Ya go ahead and post a url or PM me with it and I will take a look.
Start there anyway. This is one of the coolest new features, must get it working for you. :)
When I whisper of deep dark space or
Ponder upon that of the rhyme of time
I find there is no change in the words of rhyme
Whereas there is in both space and time

Trapps
Registered User
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:06 pm

Post by Trapps » Fri May 13, 2005 7:35 pm

I love this feature and would like to keep it.

I had from line 39 to 42 of the smtp.php file commented out because it was causing some problems, but I brought it back to life to see if I got an error off it, but again to no avail.

// if (!(substr($server_response, 0, 3) == $response))
// {
// message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, "Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: $server_response", "", $line, __FILE__);
// }

I'll set you up a test account and send the URL in PM

MentalMaze
Registered User
Posts: 531
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:22 am
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Post by MentalMaze » Fri May 13, 2005 8:26 pm

Trapps wrote: I love this feature and would like to keep it.

I had from line 39 to 42 of the smtp.php file commented out because it was causing some problems, but I brought it back to life to see if I got an error off it, but again to no avail.

// if (!(substr($server_response, 0, 3) == $response))
// {
// message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, "Ran into problems sending Mail. Response: $server_response", "", $line, __FILE__);
// }

I'll set you up a test account and send the URL in PM


Hmmm... can you do me a favor, either check your version of smtp.php against one from fresh install pack or post your code from yours as a txt file for me to download and send me url in PM. Must start here I think.

Also maybe try sending a mass email to admins only and let me know if you get this.

ok.
When I whisper of deep dark space or
Ponder upon that of the rhyme of time
I find there is no change in the words of rhyme
Whereas there is in both space and time

MentalMaze
Registered User
Posts: 531
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:22 am
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Post by MentalMaze » Fri May 13, 2005 9:27 pm

@ Trapps
I have sent you a changed smtp.txt file via PM try it and let me know if it works.

Thanks
When I whisper of deep dark space or
Ponder upon that of the rhyme of time
I find there is no change in the words of rhyme
Whereas there is in both space and time

Trapps
Registered User
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:06 pm

Post by Trapps » Fri May 13, 2005 9:42 pm

MentalMaze wrote: @ Trapps
I have sent you a changed smtp.txt file via PM try it and let me know if it works.

Thanks


PM'd you ... the smtp.php page is working but the referral isn't sending to recipients still. I'd love to keep this mod but if I become grief I'll drop it... don't want to be a hassle.

bbus3r
Registered User
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:10 pm

Post by bbus3r » Fri May 13, 2005 9:49 pm

installed a new board, added easymod, then installed cashmod via easymod, then tried with your mod, but:

"All MODs have been processed."

Doesn't detect your mod.

nevermind ...

I just copied the Referral_Plus_Points_Install.txt to the directory and it found your mod.

bbus3r
Registered User
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:10 pm

Post by bbus3r » Fri May 13, 2005 9:56 pm

using easymod:

Error Detail

Critical Error

Could not perform improperly formed COPY command.
copy root/rp_view.php to rp_view.php
MOD script line #150 :: FAQ :: Report

Trapps
Registered User
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:06 pm

Post by Trapps » Fri May 13, 2005 10:05 pm

MentalMaze wrote: @ Trapps
I have sent you a changed smtp.txt file via PM try it and let me know if it works.

Thanks


PM'd you ... the smtp.php page is working but the referral isn't sending to recipients still. I'd love to keep this mod but if I become grief I'll drop it... don't want to be a hassle.

bbus3r
Registered User
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2005 2:10 pm

Post by bbus3r » Fri May 13, 2005 10:10 pm

i opened the Referral_Plus_Points_Install.txt and noticed the following:

-you misspelled language
-you use different case for subsilver
-lang_extend_rp.php doesn't exist

MentalMaze
Registered User
Posts: 531
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:22 am
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Post by MentalMaze » Fri May 13, 2005 10:27 pm

bbus3r wrote: i opened the Referral_Plus_Points_Install.txt and noticed the following:

-you misspelled language
-you use different case for subsilver
-lang_extend_rp.php doesn't exist

:) yes I found this yesterday and updated the docs. New update should be ready this evening or tomorrow morning with new setup for monthly and board total referrals.

Thanks bbus3r for running that and letting me know. I will try and get new pack out this evening. :)
When I whisper of deep dark space or
Ponder upon that of the rhyme of time
I find there is no change in the words of rhyme
Whereas there is in both space and time

MentalMaze
Registered User
Posts: 531
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 8:22 am
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Post by MentalMaze » Fri May 13, 2005 10:32 pm

Trapps wrote:
MentalMaze wrote:@ Trapps
I have sent you a changed smtp.txt file via PM try it and let me know if it works.

Thanks


PM'd you ... the smtp.php page is working but the referral isn't sending to recipients still. I'd love to keep this mod but if I become grief I'll drop it... don't want to be a hassle.


No grief..... We will figure it out. I am going to be gone for 1.5 hrs from time of this post then I get new update ready. Maybe this will fix issue.

Also was wondering how you upload to server? Basic ftp program or one that try to determine binary and ascii?

Sometimes this will be the issue. If you will be around a bit later when I get back I will look more into this issue.
When I whisper of deep dark space or
Ponder upon that of the rhyme of time
I find there is no change in the words of rhyme
Whereas there is in both space and time

cpu
Registered User
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:49 am

Post by cpu » Sat May 14, 2005 3:29 am

i installed this on a forum but see that there are no anti abuse tool for this mod every person can repeatedly jion under him/herself :( and increase his/her reff count if you could improve this system to count a reff when user actualy register and confirm the confirmaition mail this can prevent abuse usage to some extent or say a regestered user considered as reff for someone only when have x post

Post Reply

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”