[RC3] Referral Plus v 1.3.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
MentalMaze

Post by MentalMaze » Sat May 14, 2005 3:57 am

cpu wrote: i installed this on a forum but see that there are no anti abuse tool for this mod every person can repeatedly jion under him/herself :( and increase his/her reff count if you could improve this system to count a reff when user actualy register and confirm the confirmaition mail this can prevent abuse usage to some extent or say a regestered user considered as reff for someone only when have x post

I do not understand what you are saying. A user needs to register before the referral credit is applied, which means they need a valid email address that has not been used before. If you are concerned they are getting new through away accounts to get referral credit then do not allow accounts with emails from yahoo, hotmail etc.

Or you mis applied as it does not apply credit until registration is submitted. Even if they submit a blank registration. If you do have a problem set the tools to not allow them to refer until x number of posts.

I am thinking you are not even using Referral Plus as this just is not an issue with this. There are the tools you mention under the settings. I have tried re-registering under my existing account and clicking submit and this does not happen. So be sure this is the mod you have installed.

P.S. Another note, if you delete the bogus users the credits for the referrals will also be deleted automatically.
When I whisper of deep dark space or
Ponder upon that of the rhyme of time
I find there is no change in the words of rhyme
Whereas there is in both space and time

cpu

Post by cpu » Sat May 14, 2005 4:42 am

MentalMaze wrote:
cpu wrote:i installed this on a forum but see that there are no anti abuse tool for this mod every person can repeatedly jion under him/herself :( and increase his/her reff count if you could improve this system to count a reff when user actualy register and confirm the confirmaition mail this can prevent abuse usage to some extent or say a regestered user considered as reff for someone only when have x post

I do not understand what you are saying. A user needs to register before the referral credit is applied, which means they need a valid email address that has not been used before. If you are concerned they are getting new through away accounts to get referral credit then do not allow accounts with emails from yahoo, hotmail etc.

Or you mis applied as it does not apply credit until registration is submitted. Even if they submit a blank registration. If you do have a problem set the tools to not allow them to refer until x number of posts.

I am thinking you are not even using Referral Plus as this just is not an issue with this. There are the tools you mention under the settings. I have tried re-registering under my existing account and clicking submit and this does not happen. So be sure this is the mod you have installed.

P.S. Another note, if you delete the bogus users the credits for the referrals will also be deleted automatically.

no no
if you log out then click on your reff link on user list or profile then you can easily reguster under yourself :? the system dont work mail confirmation you can give ie:my@my.com mail and register under yourself with this strategy try it your self reff mod count it a reff for you every time :(
my suggession is have an option for refferals be counted for someone when the registrant apply for mail confirmation this way you can prevent user regestring repeatedly under themself
tynx

DKing

Post by DKing » Sat May 14, 2005 4:59 am

Wow... I just looked at some of the screenshots, and wow! This is really extinsive, but it looks really nice!

I like it!
-DKing
Latest phpBB Version: 2.0.21
Search For a MOD: MOD Search

MentalMaze

Post by MentalMaze » Sat May 14, 2005 5:57 am

DKing wrote: Wow... I just looked at some of the screenshots, and wow! This is really extinsive, but it looks really nice!

I like it!

Thanks DKing,

A couple new features coming in the next day or 2 as well as a change in admin panel. The rewards system will take a huge step soon and even though all functions will not be implemented yet I will probably release a new version offering a Rewards style top 10 list which will be able to be reset yet not reset the board total referrals. Most all of that is implemented now, just some polishing and adding some future things in pages to be ready for easier future update.

Also adding a db install and db patch_update. After this first part of the rewards system is worked a bit cleaner and bug tested a bit I will start on the full configurable rewards system.

Issues after this next release will be mostly in the realm of look and feel for viewing pages etc. Then on to the real fun stuff I am hopeing. :)

MentalMaze

Post by MentalMaze » Sat May 14, 2005 6:21 am

cpu wrote: no no
if you log out then click on your reff link on user list or profile then you can easily reguster under yourself :? the system dont work mail confirmation you can give ie:my@my.com mail and register under yourself with this strategy try it your self reff mod count it a reff for you every time :(
my suggession is have an option for refferals be counted for someone when the registrant apply for mail confirmation this way you can prevent user regestring repeatedly under themself
tynx

hmmm If I understand what you are asking, it sounds like a total rewrite of the registration process to accommodate a referral mod.

Try this, go to acp and configuration/Enable account activation and set to user. Now the account will not be activated unless it was a valid email address as they cannot activate the account without receiving the email. Now if you use the rewards system aspect, delete all non activated accounts before offering any prizes or such. All referrals from bogus accounts and any gold or points for those referrals will also be deleted.

The intention of this mod was never to handle board registration issues. That is part of the process of administering a board. I have tried to be sure that checks and balances are built in to make it easy to hadle bogus referrals but automating the whole process is not something I had considered. I will make note of this, but even if it becomes something worth looking into, I can say it will be quite a way down the list of priorities.

I am sorry if this mod does not meet your needs at this time and hope you are able to find a referral mod that does. :(

cpu

Post by cpu » Sat May 14, 2005 6:24 am

please have an option for cheating users :(
as i said it is so easy regestering with your reff link under urself and getting reffelas :?

Trapps

Post by Trapps » Sat May 14, 2005 6:42 am

MentalMaze wrote:
Trapps wrote:
MentalMaze wrote:@ Trapps
I have sent you a changed smtp.txt file via PM try it and let me know if it works.

Thanks

PM'd you ... the smtp.php page is working but the referral isn't sending to recipients still. I'd love to keep this mod but if I become grief I'll drop it... don't want to be a hassle.

No grief..... We will figure it out. I am going to be gone for 1.5 hrs from time of this post then I get new update ready. Maybe this will fix issue.

Also was wondering how you upload to server? Basic ftp program or one that try to determine binary and ascii?

Sometimes this will be the issue. If you will be around a bit later when I get back I will look more into this issue.

Sorry, wasn't about, I'm uploading via Dreamweaver MX. It hasn't been an issue thus far, and it doesn't determine (as far as I know) between binary and ascii, but as I said, by the same token it hasn't been an issue ftp'ing this way so far.

MentalMaze

Post by MentalMaze » Sat May 14, 2005 7:54 am

@Trapps

:( I hate to say this, but I will.

Please try a simple ftp client to upload. I have heard many issues with uploading with dream weaver.

Here is a quote from a person well trusted in his knowledge on this subject.
Advice : drop dreamweaver to your trash, and use a regular text editor (there are some very good share- or freeware) : this will avoid you a bunch of troubles, especially when editing .tpl files, but also others.

I have never used it but I have heard of issues. I am not sure on the upload side but... well maybe just try open in simple editor, save and upload with basic ftp client.

New update soon, and I would like to get this working for you. Next update first step to full rewards system. :)

Trapps

Post by Trapps » Sat May 14, 2005 8:02 am

I've used Dreamweaver since it's inception many years ago and I've never had a problem with it. I've edited many of the tpl files with absolutely no problem at all, as you have seen from the C2F site. This is an smtp problem, not a DMX problem. I want it working and I think it's a great addition to the site, but sadly I'll have to take it down as it won't work. I don't actually think the problem is within this mod, however all my other mods work, so I don't really know.

Thanks for your help though, it has been much appreciated.

MentalMaze

Post by MentalMaze » Sat May 14, 2005 8:37 am

Trapps wrote: I've used Dreamweaver since it's inception many years ago and I've never had a problem with it. I've edited many of the tpl files with absolutely no problem at all, as you have seen from the C2F site. This is an smtp problem, not a DMX problem. I want it working and I think it's a great addition to the site, but sadly I'll have to take it down as it won't work. I don't actually think the problem is within this mod, however all my other mods work, so I don't really know.

Thanks for your help though, it has been much appreciated.

I am not saying myself to trash it. I was just saying that maybe try this and see. I had a problem one time with ws ftp sending files in wrong format. Total crap and nothing would work, then I set manually the format and uploaded files and everything worked.

I am almost done with the next version. Most of the pages have been reworked to some degree. Maybe in new files will be a different result. Also good for me if you find errors and such. I think your issue is quite fixable so I hate to see you not have the abilty to use it. I think not far down the road this has potential to be a very cool little mod.

I should have a new version pretty much ready early tomorrow.

Trapps

Post by Trapps » Sat May 14, 2005 8:44 am

Cheers MM your help has been invaluable, wish a few more were as readily available to give advice on their mods. I'll leave the current mod on the C2F site until tomorrow and fingers crossed the probs will be solved.

I'll be out this weekend (girlie thing :wink:) but soon as I get back I'll check out the latest version.

MentalMaze

Post by MentalMaze » Sat May 14, 2005 8:45 am

Trapps wrote: Cheers MM your help has been invaluable, wish a few more were as readily available to give advice on their mods. I'll leave the current mod on the C2F site until tomorrow and fingers crossed the probs will be solved.

I'll be out this weekend (girlie thing :wink:) but soon as I get back I'll check out the latest version.

yes girlie things first! :)

bbus3r

Post by bbus3r » Sat May 14, 2005 3:29 pm

i'll wait for your next release before testing it under easymod. i'm sure i can provide more feedback once it's up and running.

MentalMaze

Update to version 0.6.0

Post by MentalMaze » Sun May 15, 2005 7:38 pm

Version update to 6.0
  • Adds Reward System core for integration with cashmod. Enable/Disable Rewards System.
  • Adds monthly top 10 list that can be reset without effecting the board lifetime referrals.

A few issues yet to work out such as format and how to deal with 2 top 10 pages. Feedback would be appreciated. I would like to finalize how these new functions so they will be set so we can move on to full Reward System integration with cash mod.

Thanks,

*=Matt=*

Post by *=Matt=* » Sun May 15, 2005 7:58 pm

I had a problem but hey lol looking for something different lol user_gold not user_points so yeah i fixed it and instlling this update now... :)

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”