[RC3] Referral Plus v 1.3.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
MentalMaze

Post by MentalMaze »

yoeddy wrote: All addresses do it and no, the smtp.php file does not have any hacks.

By design there are no edits for the email. So the only 2 reports so far of email send problems have been traced back to the server. So as fountain mentioned try the mass mail and see if that works. You can send it only to admins. Let me know the results.
When I whisper of deep dark space or
Ponder upon that of the rhyme of time
I find there is no change in the words of rhyme
Whereas there is in both space and time

yoeddy

Post by yoeddy »

As mentioned in my original message, the email system is working fine. I did, however follow through with your suggestion and my mass email works. Tested with 3 mass email groups.

bbus3r

Post by bbus3r »

question:
do you feel the MOD is good enough to place in live environment?

suggestions:

1-auto remind: x time(s)

once the referral is made, x time(s) it will send a monthly reminder before it reaches x or until the person signs up. i think three is enough or it can become annoying

2-acp setting:

checkbox to delete referrals that didn't sign up during specified time or until auto remind is used up.

crappytheclown

Post by crappytheclown »

can a users referral count be adjusted maually from the ACP like when the user refers sum1 from their family and not by email or aim??? (if not can u think about putting it in???)

MentalMaze

Post by MentalMaze »

@ yoeddy

Hmm... well I guess I would need more info to see what I could figure out.
What server are you using? Can you post a copy of the smtp.php and emailer.php as txt files. You can pm me with the address if you like.

@ bbus3r

I am using it in a live enviroment. The issues seem mostly to be updating, as it is a work in progress. I really have had very few bug reports and the main issues have been me and the docs. :oops: So I guess you need to make that choice. If you do a promo with it you can delete all the referred users who did not post or activate and it will remove the points and rewards from the referring member. So it is just manual at this point.

@ bbus3r and crappytheclown

I will start a better user suggestion section on the first post of the thread to try and keep track of suggestions. I will look at implementing most any function that is not top heavy or siutes the purpose of this mod.

I think a way to manually add a referral may not be to difficult, but I need to order all suggestions in a priority of some type. I have recieved no error reports on this last release other then one email issue so I need to finalize all existing aspects and then choose direction.

I will try and update the suggestion section today.

koutch

Post by koutch »

Hey,

(apologize me for my english)

I have just installed this mod but when a member referred he don't get points. But when I delete the new member, the points are subtracted !

Somebody can help me ?

MentalMaze

Post by MentalMaze »

koutch wrote: Hey,

I have just installed this mod but when a member referred he don't get points. But when I delete the new member, the points are subtracted !

Somebody can help me ?

Check edits in includes/usercp_register.php and be sure you have set the reward type and amount under Rewards System.

koutch

Post by koutch »

MentalMaze wrote:
koutch wrote:Hey,

Somebody can help me ?

Check edits in includes/usercp_register.php and be sure you have set the reward type and amount under Rewards System.

I've checked the file but I find any mistake.
And the reward type is user_points as my "money"

EDIT : I've re-installed the mod but I've the same problem

MentalMaze

Post by MentalMaze »

koutch wrote: I've checked the file but I find any mistake.
And the reward type is user_points as my "money"

EDIT : I've re-installed the mod but I've the same problem

Give me an idea of what mods you are running. This has not been an issue for anyone else. The only reported issue of this was an attempt to run this with PCP 2x.

The only other reason I can think of is that the sql has not been run.

Otherwise I will need a link to a copy of your usercp_register.php saved as .txt file. You can pm me this info.

MentalMaze

PCP 2x Compatible added

Post by MentalMaze »

I added a PCP 2x compatible to the pack for those of you running PCP.

I have not tested this mod with versions of CH prior to CH 2x. So those of you running PCP on phpBB without CH this will work for. Those running CH 1x with PCP, I cannot say.

@koutch

I took a look at your usercp_register and found no problems with the code itself. I see you are running many mods that modify the register process. I do not see that any of them should effect the code though.

Can you pm me a link to your board so I can take a look?

rayzzor

Questions before I attempt to install...

Post by rayzzor »

Hya MentalMaze...

I have cash mod 2.2.2 already installed on my phpbb 2.0.15, so I have a few questions I need to address before I attempt to install.

1> What are all the files I should backup before doing this?
2> Can this mod be installed by EasyMod?
3> If so, what file should I use to install it?
4> Will this change my existing cash mod perameters, or does this change everything?

I know my questions are vague, but I just made a custom MOD for my trivia site that is intregrated with phpBB code and I do not want to mess it up.

Thanks!
- Donny 'Rayzzor' Wiedemer
---------------------------------
- Site Admin - The Rayzzor's Edge
- http://www.rayzzors-edge.com
- ProWrestling Trivia & Discussion at it's finest - Over 3,000 questions!!

bbus3r

Re: Questions before I attempt to install...

Post by bbus3r »

rayzzor wrote: Hya MentalMaze...

I have cash mod 2.2.2 already installed on my phpbb 2.0.15, so I have a few questions I need to address before I attempt to install.

4> Will this change my existing cash mod perameters, or does this change everything?

I know my questions are vague, but I just made a custom MOD for my trivia site that is intregrated with phpBB code and I do not want to mess it up.

Thanks!

1 > you should always do a full backup
2 > if you have other mods installed, easy mod doesn't really place nice

4> it will use your existing currency. i use user_points (points) on local testing.

that's just from my experience. mental can provide you with a better answer.

MentalMaze

Post by MentalMaze »

rayzzor wrote: Hya MentalMaze...

Thanks!

1> Back up for sure any of the files you edit.
2> Yes it can be installed by easymod. I have fixed my typos as far as I know from last report. But as bbus3r said it may place things differently.
3> The install file is Referral_Plus_Install.txt under docs dir. Just be sure to download phpbb or ch version depending on application.
4> No, it changes nothing in cash mod as cash mod is not required. It only uses cash mod to add rewards other then just a referral credit if cash mod is installed.

You should not mess anything up as this stands pretty much alone. There are a few changes to vanilla phpbb code but not many. Depending on mods installed, "Finds" would be the only issue. This would also then be the case for easy mod if another mod changed any of the phpbb lines that this mod changes. The lines that are modified are in includes/usercp_register.php. I have had no reported issues of find problems with easy mod as of yet.

I don't think you should have any problems, but if you choose to try it and do, let me know and we will figure it out. :)

rayzzor

Post by rayzzor »

MentalMaze wrote:
rayzzor wrote:Hya MentalMaze...

Thanks!

1> Back up for sure any of the files you edit.
2> Yes it can be installed by easymod. I have fixed my typos as far as I know from last report. But as bbus3r said it may place things differently.
3> The install file is Referral_Plus_Install.txt under docs dir. Just be sure to download phpbb or ch version depending on application.
4> No, it changes nothing in cash mod as cash mod is not required. It only uses cash mod to add rewards other then just a referral credit if cash mod is installed.

You should not mess anything up as this stands pretty much alone. There are a few changes to vanilla phpbb code but not many. Depending on mods installed, "Finds" would be the only issue. This would also then be the case for easy mod if another mod changed any of the phpbb lines that this mod changes. The lines that are modified are in includes/usercp_register.php. I have had no reported issues of find problems with easy mod as of yet.

I don't think you should have any problems, but if you choose to try it and do, let me know and we will figure it out. :)

Ok EVERYTHING is clear except for one thing. If I am understanding you right, this does NOT replace the cash mod, nor does it work WITH it, it adds a whole new value to track?
- Donny 'Rayzzor' Wiedemer
---------------------------------
- Site Admin - The Rayzzor's Edge
- http://www.rayzzors-edge.com
- ProWrestling Trivia & Discussion at it's finest - Over 3,000 questions!!

MentalMaze

Post by MentalMaze »

rayzzor wrote: Ok EVERYTHING is clear except for one thing. If I am understanding you right, this does NOT replace the cash mod, nor does it work WITH it, it adds a whole new value to track?

You can use existing from cash mod or add a new to cash mod and use it. It works with it, enabled rewrds or without it rewards disabled.

i.e. say you want to do Referral Gold for referrals add a user_gold to cash mod call it Referral Gold and set user_gold as the reward. If you allready have a user_* you want to use you may do that as well and from that point on each time a referred user registers the referring user will get the existing user_* as a rewrd for the referral as you set it under Referral Rewards.

Basically you can do whatever you choose. :)

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”