[ALPHA] 0.0.5 User Control Panel for phpBB 2.0.15

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
president

[ALPHA] 0.0.5 User Control Panel for phpBB 2.0.15

Post by president » Tue May 10, 2005 1:58 pm

This Mod has been updated to:
[ALPHA] 0.0.6 User Control Panel for phpBB 2.0.15

The topic for it is here:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=290618

The old post is below this line

What is it?
This is a mod to give your users a User Control Panel including a Buddy List and Subscribed Forums.

What's New?
I have given the code a good overhaul. I believe the Mod now works with any of the DataBases which phpBB supports.

You can see a list of all changes since the begining in changelog.txt

How is it installed or Upgraded?
To install the Mod, you're gonna have to do it manually. I have yet to learn the intricacies of easyMod (I'm sure it's delightful).

The install.txt file gives all the instructions you need to install.
The upgrade from 0.0.4.txt file gives all the instructions you need to upgrade from version Alpha 0.0.4.

Where can it be downloaded?
You can download the mod here:
http://minds.may.ie/~provost/usercp0.0.5.zip

I have Demo board up here:
http://minds.may.ie/~provost/phpBB2/

What's planned for the future?
I plan on working on the following in the time to come:
- Integrate Watched Topics with Subscribed Topics.
- Dynamically checking Subscribed Forums and Topics so they are removed if you no longer have permissions on them.
- Make the Buddy System have only Mutual buddies allowed to see each other if they are hidden.
- Check all the code and template files in order to optimise them.

Be careful!
Remember this Mod is only an Alpha so you'd be taking your life into your own hands if you install it ;)

History of the Mod
Contributions to the Mod up to version 0.0.4 have been made by
president (me)
MJ
Netcletic

Thanks to them all.

This is a new topic for the Mod and the old one is here:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=78227

All feedback is welcome.

Enjoy!
Last edited by president on Mon May 16, 2005 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

SunZeroX

Post by SunZeroX » Tue May 10, 2005 4:39 pm

I like it! But my first comments:

Navigation at the side instead of above. But above you can do more. And when you go to Profile and Private Message the bar above will disapear and that's bad!

So here again:

1. Navigation at side (If not possible keep above).
2. Navigition on Profile & Private Message page.

EDIT: I forgot to tell that I love it cause it's not like Profile Control Panel, that has to many features and requires a lot of time to install, while this MOD is jus simple and compact.

Scali

Post by Scali » Tue May 10, 2005 5:03 pm

Hi,

Godd idea, but you should create a testor account on your test board :wink:

Uchiha Nick

Post by Uchiha Nick » Tue May 10, 2005 5:39 pm

looking forward to this mod!

good luck!

DKing

Post by DKing » Tue May 10, 2005 9:32 pm

I signed up for your demo, and I'm impressed! I was hoping a MOD that looks kinda like vBulletin would come out!

But again, I would like it to be "Subscribe to topic" rather than "Watch Topic" and you can choose to either be emailed or not for each one you subscribe to, but either way they show up in the UCP!

-DKing
--EDIT--
A feature suggestion:
All announcements (marked with "Annocement:") are shown above all subscribed topics? That would be nice!
-DKing
Latest phpBB Version: 2.0.21
Search For a MOD: MOD Search

Narc0sis

Post by Narc0sis » Tue May 10, 2005 11:48 pm

glad to see this is still being developed. pres were you aware that they had a 0.0.7 version of this mod? at least thats the last version i saw of it. I've still got it, if youd like to look at it to help development with it.

president

Post by president » Wed May 11, 2005 7:29 am

Narc0sis wrote: glad to see this is still being developed. pres were you aware that they had a 0.0.7 version of this mod? at least thats the last version i saw of it. I've still got it, if youd like to look at it to help development with it.

I kinda knew but I hadn't been around enough to pay much attention to it so I've gone back to what I know.

Where can I download it from? I'll see about merging the two if there is room for it.

president

Post by president » Wed May 11, 2005 7:35 am

DKing wrote: I signed up for your demo, and I'm impressed! I was hoping a MOD that looks kinda like vBulletin would come out!

But again, I would like it to be "Subscribe to topic" rather than "Watch Topic" and you can choose to either be emailed or not for each one you subscribe to, but either way they show up in the UCP!

-DKing
--EDIT--
A feature suggestion:
All announcements (marked with "Annocement:") are shown above all subscribed topics? That would be nice!

The way I plan to integrate the Watched topics is that you will have 3 choices on the viewtopics page:

Watch Topic for Replies by Email)
Subscribe Topic to UserCP
Subscribe and Watch Topic

In your usercp you will have the options to UnWatch or UnSubscribe

president

Post by president » Wed May 11, 2005 7:37 am

Scali wrote: Hi,

Godd idea, but you should create a testor account on your test board :wink:

I'll see if I can arrange something permanent (Where someone can't change the password after they login to the test account)

president

Post by president » Wed May 11, 2005 7:38 am

SunZeroX wrote: I like it! But my first comments:

Navigation at the side instead of above. But above you can do more. And when you go to Profile and Private Message the bar above will disapear and that's bad!

So here again:

1. Navigation at side (If not possible keep above).
2. Navigition on Profile & Private Message page.

EDIT: I forgot to tell that I love it cause it's not like Profile Control Panel, that has to many features and requires a lot of time to install, while this MOD is jus simple and compact.

Right, I'll have a think about Navigation. Would it not just clutter up the other pages?

Uchiha Nick

Post by Uchiha Nick » Wed May 11, 2005 9:48 am

President, i have one question.. does this also mean when we want to install we have to rename profile.php to something or..?

president

Post by president » Wed May 11, 2005 10:49 am

No, this is just a user control panel, it doesn't interact with users profiles.

The phpBB group made some perfectly fine code for doing that already ;)

DKing

Post by DKing » Wed May 11, 2005 11:24 am

I noticed how the navigation was only on the UCP part. But, since it links to the profile and the pms, would it be possible to add the navigation bar to those pages also?

Also, about my second question... the newest announcements are displayed above the subscribed topics...
-DKing
Latest phpBB Version: 2.0.21
Search For a MOD: MOD Search

president

Post by president » Wed May 11, 2005 11:30 am

DKing wrote: I noticed how the navigation was only on the UCP part. But, since it links to the profile and the pms, would it be possible to add the navigation bar to those pages also?

Also, about my second question... the newest announcements are displayed above the subscribed topics...

The navigation bit is a question of usefulness vs clutter. It might be useful to put something into place for navigation though.

On your second point, how would you limit the announcements? There are no Global Announcements in phpBB 2.0.x and anyone can make regular announcements. Would it not cause alot of clutter?

Narc0sis

Post by Narc0sis » Wed May 11, 2005 6:38 pm

president wrote:
Narc0sis wrote:glad to see this is still being developed. pres were you aware that they had a 0.0.7 version of this mod? at least thats the last version i saw of it. I've still got it, if youd like to look at it to help development with it.

I kinda knew but I hadn't been around enough to pay much attention to it so I've gone back to what I know.

Where can I download it from? I'll see about merging the two if there is room for it.

here you go

http://www.deviantcore.com/usercp_0-0-7.zip

and if anyone wants it, heres the addon to show the latest picture from smartor's album mod in the usercp

http://www.deviantcore.com/usercp_album_addon_0-0-1.zip

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”