DKing wrote: Another few things on that idea:
1. Check out the phpBB3 user cp and use their thing (area51.phpbb.com/phpBB)
2. You could ad an Admin Only (or MOD Only or whatever you want) checkbox (or even something like a radio button next to the Normal | Sticky | Announcement that says "Announcement [UCP]") that adds it to an "Important Announcements" section to the UCP). I personally like the phpBB3.0 UCP, and how it is set up, with the Profile, and PMs and everything on a side nav bar.
DKing wrote: On my second question, no not everyone can make an announcement... only admins and mods (and this can be changed in the Advanced Permissions part of the Forum Permissions module). Also, it could use the new topic thing (where it's orange if you haven't read it), but it only stays orange until you read it once, and then ir comes up after other replies, so that you don't miss anything.
Also, you could put up some type of marquee scroller for it, or just a scroll box. That would help the clutter.
Narc0sis wrote:president wrote:Narc0sis wrote:glad to see this is still being developed. pres were you aware that they had a 0.0.7 version of this mod? at least thats the last version i saw of it. I've still got it, if youd like to look at it to help development with it.
I kinda knew but I hadn't been around enough to pay much attention to it so I've gone back to what I know.
Where can I download it from? I'll see about merging the two if there is room for it.
here you go
and if anyone wants it, heres the addon to show the latest picture from smartor's album mod in the usercp
president wrote: What's planned for the future?
I plan on working on the following in the time to come:
- Integrate Watched Topics with Subscribed Topics.
- Dynamically checking Subscribed Forums and Topics so they are removed if you no longer have permissions on them.
- Make the Buddy System have only Mutual buddies allowed to see each other if they are hidden.
- Check all the code and template files in order to optimise them.
president wrote: - Check all the code and template files in order to optimise them.