[ALPHA] 0.0.5 User Control Panel for phpBB 2.0.15

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
DKing

Post by DKing » Wed May 11, 2005 10:02 pm

On my second question, no not everyone can make an announcement... only admins and mods (and this can be changed in the Advanced Permissions part of the Forum Permissions module). Also, it could use the new topic thing (where it's orange if you haven't read it), but it only stays orange until you read it once, and then ir comes up after other replies, so that you don't miss anything.

Also, you could put up some type of marquee scroller for it, or just a scroll box. That would help the clutter.
-DKing
Latest phpBB Version: 2.0.21
Search For a MOD: MOD Search

DKing

Post by DKing » Thu May 12, 2005 7:19 am

Another few things on that idea:
1. Check out the phpBB3 user cp and use their thing (area51.phpbb.com/phpBB)
2. You could ad an Admin Only (or MOD Only or whatever you want) checkbox (or even something like a radio button next to the Normal | Sticky | Announcement that says "Announcement [UCP]") that adds it to an "Important Announcements" section to the UCP). I personally like the phpBB3.0 UCP, and how it is set up, with the Profile, and PMs and everything on a side nav bar.

-DKing
-DKing

president

Post by president » Thu May 12, 2005 7:53 am

DKing wrote: Another few things on that idea:
1. Check out the phpBB3 user cp and use their thing (area51.phpbb.com/phpBB)
2. You could ad an Admin Only (or MOD Only or whatever you want) checkbox (or even something like a radio button next to the Normal | Sticky | Announcement that says "Announcement [UCP]") that adds it to an "Important Announcements" section to the UCP). I personally like the phpBB3.0 UCP, and how it is set up, with the Profile, and PMs and everything on a side nav bar.

-DKing

Maybe an allowance for one announcement at the top. Each time the check box is ticked, it will replace the previous announcement.

area51 is for phpBB3. This usercp is not ;). Saying that though, area51 is sweet :)

president

Post by president » Thu May 12, 2005 7:55 am

DKing wrote: On my second question, no not everyone can make an announcement... only admins and mods (and this can be changed in the Advanced Permissions part of the Forum Permissions module). Also, it could use the new topic thing (where it's orange if you haven't read it), but it only stays orange until you read it once, and then ir comes up after other replies, so that you don't miss anything.

Also, you could put up some type of marquee scroller for it, or just a scroll box. That would help the clutter.

Topic flagging goes without saying.

As for a marquee, I'd rather shoot myself. I was thinking about a scroll box myself but it just wouldn't look nice.

I'll keeep thinking on it. There's plenty of stuff for me to get finished for 0.0.6 before I even get to a new todo list anyway :)

president

Post by president » Thu May 12, 2005 7:57 am

Narc0sis wrote:
president wrote:
Narc0sis wrote:glad to see this is still being developed. pres were you aware that they had a 0.0.7 version of this mod? at least thats the last version i saw of it. I've still got it, if youd like to look at it to help development with it.

I kinda knew but I hadn't been around enough to pay much attention to it so I've gone back to what I know.

Where can I download it from? I'll see about merging the two if there is room for it.

here you go

http://www.deviantcore.com/usercp_0-0-7.zip

and if anyone wants it, heres the addon to show the latest picture from smartor's album mod in the usercp

http://www.deviantcore.com/usercp_album_addon_0-0-1.zip

Thanks. I'll have a look at those once I have everything in the todo (for 0.0.6) completed.

president

Re: [ALPHA] 0.0.5 User Control Panel for phpBB 2.0.15

Post by president » Thu May 12, 2005 11:59 am

Right, I said this:
president wrote: What's planned for the future?
I plan on working on the following in the time to come:
- Integrate Watched Topics with Subscribed Topics.
- Dynamically checking Subscribed Forums and Topics so they are removed if you no longer have permissions on them.
- Make the Buddy System have only Mutual buddies allowed to see each other if they are hidden.
- Check all the code and template files in order to optimise them.

I believe that all I have left is to:
president wrote: - Check all the code and template files in order to optimise them.

I'll give that a go.

I have one or two bugs to iron out but I hope to release Alpha 0.0.6 on Monday. Then i'll be doing away due to exams until June 2nd.

I'll begin development on 0.0.7 when I come back.

DKing

Post by DKing » Thu May 12, 2005 12:33 pm

I have made a few posts on your forums in the Bugs section.

-DKing
-DKing

president

Post by president » Thu May 12, 2005 1:17 pm

And they've been noted.

Thanks for that :)

president

Post by president » Mon May 16, 2005 9:02 am

This Mod has been updated to:
[ALPHA] 0.0.6 User Control Panel for phpBB 2.0.15