[MODDB] Vehicle Garage 0.9.4

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Right...main problems for people upgrading still seem to be DB related. I had a few via PM.

I am going to redo the bloody script again..I have a fool proof plan ( I think ). I am going to dump the contents of the garage_config to an array. Then for each garage config option I will check if it is there or not. I will do the same for extra fields elsewhere like pending ones. That way the script will work out for itself what needs to be done.
Musashi-sama

Post by Musashi-sama »

Goose95 wrote: sorry, the [ b ][/ b ] was not the point, but you wrote Imaged instead of Image... ;)

I don't want to translate "Powered by Phpbb Garage" , but i want to add a translation id like :

Code: Select all

$lang['Powered_By_Garage'] = 'Traduction par <a href="http://www.japancar.fr/forum/garage.php">Goose @ JapanCar</a><br />Powered By phpBB Garage';
So it will look like :
Traduction par Goose @ JapanCar
Powered By phpBB Garage 0.9.0 © 2005 Esmond Poynton

If it's too hard forget about this ;)
It's just for my ego, and the google thing :oops:

Just modify the 'garage_footer.tpl' and before that:

{L_POWERED_BY_GARAGE} {GARAGE_VERSION} © 2005 <a href="{GARAGE_LINK}" target="_blank">Esmond Poynton</a>
Just put your, like that:

Traduction par <a href="http://www.xxx.com" target="_blank">Goose @ JapanCar</a><br />
And if you like this on one line, don't put the </br> ... ;)

PS: J'aurais pu te le marquer en Français, mais ca aurait pas servi a tout l'monde... :P
Panda_

Post by Panda_ »

poyntesm wrote: Panda_ -> Make sure you are using the final zip and that will go away.

Yes, thank you very much, it indeed solved the problem (it actually came from the functions_garage.php). I also add an error with the install script, it contained something like :
else if
{

}

which created a parse error since the if was void. I just deleted this empty else if and everything went perfect... Don't know if this feedback may help you.

Congrats for you very good work, anyway ;)

P.S. the two garages I installed : http://www.s-r-team.com/forum/garage.php and http://www.3si-fr.net/forum/garage.php
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Musashi-sama -> But that would require a repackage just for French. What should happen is we just include the file $lang file. We the added definition the translation credit and link will appear. Means I can use the same way for all languages and no need for seperate zips.

I have the new install file done and it works perfectly...based on what state the DB is in the add only what is required.

I want to try work out SoAngel problem and hear back from oracle_sod on the last two of his problems. Once I do I might push RC2 out with all those small fixes. Since no news fields it will be a straight replace files update.
Musashi-sama

Post by Musashi-sama »

poyntesm wrote: Musashi-sama -> But that would require a repackage just for French. What should happen is we just include the file $lang file. We the added definition the translation credit and link will appear. Means I can use the same way for all languages and no need for seperate zips.

Yes, but it's my solution in all "old" version. Work fine, and now, with the 0.9.0 I've only 1 file to edit, not all .tpl... :roll:

So, if you include it in the $lang file, it's perfect !!! :wink:
Airbus A-380

Post by Airbus A-380 »

Just a simple querie :

****This message is automatically generated by the site.****

Your Vehicle Has Recieved A Comment Click Here To View Your Vehicle Guestbook 

Has the text above been included in the lang_garage.php file in the new release ?

Just for easy translation , your "garage" module becomes more and more appreciated in France.

Cheers ,

Stéphane
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Airbus A-380 -> Yes that is now within the $lang system

The goal is to get 101% of text into the $lang files. I think we pretty much have it at this stage. If you find any hardcoded in 0.9.0 then let me know.

This release is all about finding the final bugs and getting total compliance with $lang.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

All,

Editting a modification..the category dropdown is not properly selected. I have this fixed for the next RC but fix is below

In functions_garage.php in the build_category_html function

Find

$selected = ( $selected == $row['id'] ) ? ' selected="selected"' : '';
			$html .= '<option value="' . $row['id'] . '"' . $selected . '>' . $row['title'] . '</option>';
Replace with

$select = ( $selected == $row['id'] ) ? ' selected="selected"' : '';
			$html .= '<option value="' . $row['id'] . '"' . $select . '>' . $row['title'] . '</option>';
SoAngel

Post by SoAngel »

poyntesm wrote: SoAngel -> Did you site only have GDv1??

Yeah, I was the guy bugging you to make it GDv1 compatible :) lol but at least everything else is working OK ('cept page tail)

This is the first we were able to have pictures at all, so I am happy thus far! Thanks for your help.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

SoAngel -> Ahh..I remember. I did some local testing on GDv1 and got it working. I will go back over that stuff and make sure it should work for all GDv1 installs.

Do you have a test site we can do some testing with?
SoAngel

Post by SoAngel »

Hm, I don't but I could probably set something up.

I may get back to you on that .. ;)
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

SoAngel -> No problem...let me just roll back my test site so I only have GDv1 and see if I can spot anything.

I would recommend everyone setup a test site...it makes life so much easier. Not just with my mod but making any changes. You never (fingers crossed) end up with a inaccesible site that way.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

SoAngel -> Damn...GDv1 worked first time for me...so we are going to need to test on your site. See below...you can tell the difference between the two thumbs...v2 creates a slightly better thumb

Click link for mod with thumb created via GDv2 LINK
Click link for mod with thumb created via GDv1 LINK

I will send you a debug version of the functions_garage.php - it will produce messages as it goes through the image processing...just copy and paste them and PM them to me and then place back your old file. I will provide a link to download the debug file once I have it ready.

That OK? I would like to solve this as I did add GDv1 support...be nice to actually get it working for you..
BigBlockMopar

Post by BigBlockMopar »

I've recently installed MOD-version 0.1.2 on a clean forum with Smartors PhotoAlbum, but the pics won't upload. They upload fine in the PhotoAlbum, but not in the garage. Permissions are set to 777 for the upload-folder. I'm sure it's gotta be something small.

Anyway, I just noticed RC1 is out now, which leads me to the next question, is there a Changelog as to what has been changed in the codes?
Or is a new install a better choice?

Thanks, great mod by the way.
Signatures are overrated...
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

BigBlockMopar -> RC1 is a far better code base...so I would for sure recommend upgrading it is fairly easy. Do you know if you are using GDv1 or GDv2. Photoalbum supports both. However up till 0.9.0 I only supported v2 now there is support for v1.

Although SoAngel is having issues with it...I locally can not reproduce his problem

Changelog can be found http://support.fusionscripts.com/bugs/c ... g_page.php

Just make sure project is set to phpBB Garage module if you see unexpected results.

If you upgrade and still can not get it working let me know and I can help find what is causing the issue.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”