[MODDB] Vehicle Garage 0.9.4

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
BigBlockMopar

Post by BigBlockMopar »

Thanks.
I'm using GD2 by the way.
Signatures are overrated...
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

BigBlockMopar -> Ok once you upgrade and if images are not working let me know.
SoAngel

Post by SoAngel »

Thumbnail problem fixed with GDv1 forcing method :)

Still not sure about the page tail file. Is there anyway for me to access the pending section without it working ?
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

SoAngel -> Yeah good news that GDv1 works. For everyone else the function picking up the version was setting it to 2 when it should have been 1...so I need to fix that.

Sure you can call the pending page.... just garage.php?mode=garage_pending although I will work with you to fix that error in the page_tail.php

Really glad GDv1 is working..the check for version I can work on and fix that pretty easy I am sure.
993ti

Post by 993ti »

Got the update working on http://www.streetcars.nl/garage.php
Looks great, but i had to do the sql queries above manually though.
Don't steal, the government doesn't like competition!
Admin of Twenteracingscene
Streetcars
Aibo-forum
iRobot Roomba and Scooba for sale
Faqs Board
Online Sales
Madstyle

Post by Madstyle »

Can I just run install_garage.php to upgrade? or add the parts in manually for the upgrade?
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

993ti -> Thanks.. I have a new install script locally which I will use for RC2...it checks what is missing and adds that stuff. Does not use version number to try work it out..it queries the DB and sees what is missing.

Madstyle -> Run install script for DB changes and upload files and make edits listed in upgrade file and it should all work.

I have had a few very small bugs fixed and the new install file so on monday I will do a RC2 version. It will just be a straight file upload. No edits/db stuff so very easy.
Goose95

Post by Goose95 »

Is it possible to add an "Edit" feature for the pendding items management ?

Because i often need to validate an item and them edit to add some info (website, email, etc.) that submitting-user didn't give.

And an other thing, some user try to add an item already existing. I may be great it you can see the vehicle/modification attached to the new item, so admin can re-assign the vehicle/mod to the already existing item.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Goose95 -> Yes actually edit for pending would be a good idea. I know i said no new features..but if it is simple and small like that I will do it.

Not 100% clear on the last problem you mentioned? Can you explain just a bit more. Thanks.
Goose95

Post by Goose95 »

Exemple :

John Doe add an insurance premium for his honda civic.

He don't find his insurance, The World Inc., in the list, so he add a new business.

I, the webmaster, go to the item pending list. I see "The World Inc." in the list for approval. But i know that a business "World Inc." already exists in the insurance list.

So i want to edit the Insurance Premium of John's vehicle, change the business in the list to select World Inc, and back in the pending list remove and delete "The World Inc.".

-

So to do that easily, you may need a link near "The World Inc." in the pending list to view/edit each item linked to this business.
And myabe the same thing on makes/models, a link to view/edit linked vehicle.

Also, for "Top Rated Vehicles", is it possible to make an average rating, on 10 or 20 ?... Cause i have a vehicle rated 20/30 in beter place than a vehicle rated 19/20... So i think it would be better if all vehicles are rated on the same value, not on number of votes.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Goose95 -> OK...understand now..I will see if there is an easy way to do this within the existing code. As mentioned I do not want to be adding lots of features and maybe introduce new bugs, I really want to get this MOD 100% bug free.

I have an idea in my head so I will see if it will work in pratice.

I have added the edit link in pending view and it seems to work pretty well. Makes sense to be able to fix something there if it is wrong. Only hassle was making sure you once you editted a item you end back on the pending page to approve it. That required a small bit of extra code but not too much.
vrflyer

Post by vrflyer »

993ti wrote: Got the update working on http://www.streetcars.nl/garage.php
Looks great, but i had to do the sql queries above manually though.

Looks like you have a problem with your THUMBNAILS under "Modification Pictures" for your users. :wink:
Always Under Construction !
Goose95

Post by Goose95 »

this is the mod to make average rating instead of total rating (only on vehicle rating, can be applied on business rating...) :

open functions_garage.php

search for :

Code: Select all

$sql =  "SELECT g.id, m.username, CONCAT_WS(' ', g.year, makes.make, models.model) AS vehicle, sum( r.rating ) AS rating, count( * ) *10 AS total_rating
			 FROM " . GARAGE_RATING_TABLE . " AS r
				LEFT JOIN " . GARAGE_TABLE . " AS g ON r.garage_id = g.id
	                        LEFT JOIN " . GARAGE_MAKES_TABLE . " AS makes ON g.make_id = makes.id 
	                        LEFT JOIN " . GARAGE_MODELS_TABLE . " AS models ON g.model_id = models.id
	                        LEFT JOIN " . USERS_TABLE . " AS m ON g.member_id = m.user_id
			 WHERE makes.pending = 0 AND models.pending = 0
			 GROUP BY garage_id
			 ORDER BY rating DESC LIMIT $limit";
replace with :

$sql =  "SELECT g.id, m.username, CONCAT_WS(' ', g.year, makes.make, models.model) AS vehicle, AVG(r.rating) AS rating, count(*) AS total_rating
			 FROM " . GARAGE_RATING_TABLE . " AS r
				LEFT JOIN " . GARAGE_TABLE . " AS g ON r.garage_id = g.id
	                        LEFT JOIN " . GARAGE_MAKES_TABLE . " AS makes ON g.make_id = makes.id
	                        LEFT JOIN " . GARAGE_MODELS_TABLE . " AS models ON g.model_id = models.id
	                        LEFT JOIN " . USERS_TABLE . " AS m ON g.member_id = m.user_id
			 WHERE makes.pending = 0 AND models.pending = 0
			 GROUP BY garage_id
			 HAVING count(*) >= 3
			 ORDER BY rating DESC LIMIT $limit";
search for :

'COLUMN_3' => $vehicle_data['rating'] . '/' . $vehicle_data['total_rating'])
replace with :

'COLUMN_3' => round($vehicle_data['rating'], 2) . '/10')

search for :

$sql = "SELECT SUM(rating)AS rating, count(*)*10 AS total_rating
replace with :

$sql = "SELECT AVG(rating) AS rating, count(*) AS total_rating
search for :

'RATING' => $rating_row['rating'] . '/' . $rating_row['total_rating'])
replace with :

'RATING' => round($rating_row['rating'], 2) . '/10 (' . $rating_row['total_rating'] . ' votes)')
oracle_sod

Post by oracle_sod »

ok, i sorted the issue with the image not loading, my stupid fault :oops:

this apears to have resolved the java issue as well, not sure how, but it has.... and the issue with the wrong page comming up too

so all is good, ill adapt the code for the sid for add make and model (im happy to just append the sid to the end of the link's (its not the best way but it will work for the time being as i need to have the site ready for release in a few weeks)
ikhonlord

Post by ikhonlord »

I have a simple question...

I have a heavy modded board and when I try to upgrade from 1.1 to the latest I get a couple of errors.

Can I back up the database with all the information and uninstall 1.1 do a clean install of .9.0 and then dump the data on top?

Thanks!

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”