[MODDB] Vehicle Garage 0.9.4

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit »

Hello,

Please change your MODs version number as outlined in MOD Development forum rules, section 2. Your MOD as being in development requires a development version number as stated in the phpBB versioning scheme.

For example if your MOD is currently displaying v1.0.0, you can change it to 0.1.0 or 1.1.0, depending on your feelings of it's development status. Even minor version numbers (y of x.y.z) are reserved for release versions. If you believe your MOD is of a quality that deserves a release version, please do not hesitate to submit your MOD to the phpBB.com MODDB (MOD release database) for validation pending release.

If you feel that your MOD is worthy of RC4 status, the y value of the version number needs to be even.

Thank you,
The phpBB MOD Team
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Hmmm..

I am confused :?
Even minor version numbers (y of x.y.z) are reserved for release versions.

Then.....
If you feel that your MOD is worthy of RC4 status, the y value of the version number needs to be even.

My first RC was 0.9.0 as it is the last minor release before a final v1, so then each extra RC is a revision of that minor version RC2 - 0.9.1, RC3 - 0.9.2, RC4 0.9.3.

Since my MOD is still in development according to the rules I need to have the minor number odd. Even minor version numbers (y of x.y.z) are reserved for release versions...which this is not till it gets into the MOD DB.
MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit »

Almost right. However, to be [RC] (Release Candidate), y has to be even. If you had 1.0.0 RC4, you would still submit 1.0.0, as RC precedes the final release. 0.9.3 would be [DEV].

However, just remember to get y as an even number upon MODDB submission.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Can you point me to the document that states a RC needs a even minor number? I have never seen that. To me that does not make sense to have 1.0.0 RCx - in my MOD the version is stored as x.y.z as per normal. I would have no way of telling which RC people had running?
MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Release_Candidate wrote: The term release candidate refers to a final product, ready to release unless fatal bugs emerge. In this stage, the product features all designed functionalities and no known showstopper class bugs.

That indicates that it is near stable. This is the only case in which MODs posted in this forum can have an even y value, as they are ready for submission.

As I said, you can keep the version number if you wish, but the prefix needs to be [BETA] or the like.

Yes, I've been previously advised that RC versions need to have y as being even...
poyntesm wrote: I would have no way of telling which RC people had running?

Yes you would; "I'm running 1.0.0 RC4" "This doesn't work with RC5" etc.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

MennoniteHobbit, can you point me to the phpBB document that tells MOD authors that RC's can only be even numbers? I have never seen it. Not trying to be difficult, but changing the version number is no easy task and changing the status does not reflect the status of this MOD. It has been submitted and only just denied today for a very few small issues which I will fix ASAP..so it is not really in DEV anymore.
Jump1979man

Post by Jump1979man »

I figured out my own mistake....Love this mod! Thanks again!
Omaha Speed

Delivering race fuel for your mind!

http://www.OmahaSpeed.com
fastshark

Post by fastshark »

Great MOD, how about an 1/8th mile addon to it?
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

fastshark -> Glad you like it. This version is now feature complete. I am in the middle of the submission process to the MOD DB. Once it get accepted I will start a DEV topic for v2. One of the big features is custom fields. You can add as many fields as you like to the four main area (Vehicle, Modification, 1/4mile, Dyno runs).

The work on v2 is actually quite far on now..the ACP side is nearly complete..which for the custom fields stuff is a huge step forward.
///M Power

Post by ///M Power »

Hi,

just wondering if this mod works in php nuke?
well i am trying to install it but when i try to run the install_garage.php in the browser i get only a blank page, du you know what the problem is?
Rizzn.

Post by Rizzn. »

nuke is not phpbb.

Unless someone ports this, it's not going to work on nuke.
///M Power

Post by ///M Power »

but php nuke has phpbb
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

///M Power -> Someone did get it running on nuke. The edits required where pretty simple if I remember. Have a look back through the thread about pages 70-80 I think.

EDIT : See post http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... ge#1853051 ...maybe a PM to the author will help.
MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit »

poyntesm wrote: MennoniteHobbit, can you point me to the phpBB document that tells MOD authors that RC's can only be even numbers? I have never seen it. Not trying to be difficult, but changing the version number is no easy task and changing the status does not reflect the status of this MOD. It has been submitted and only just denied today for a very few small issues which I will fix ASAP..so it is not really in DEV anymore.

It's more standard [Linux kernel] versioning than anything. The only versioning-specific and detailed document is here. Like I've said, if it's near stable, it more than likely deserves an even y value.

However, since you've already submitted the MOD and started the process, you just might want to keep this in mind, that's all. :wink: ... I'll also ask the "versioning experts" again for more details, so that I myself can keep this in mind.
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

OK..thanks. I have nearly completed all changes to resubmit..so I should have a fixed version ready tomorrow.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”