[MODDB] Event Registration (ex RegMod)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
cybercs

Post by cybercs » Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:37 pm

I have found that you will need to allow all registered members access to this mod in the respected forum for them to vote. If you give say MOD access, everyone can see it, but only the MOD and Admin's can vote. So in the forums that I want this feature active in, I have made it available to all. I will have to look at the code when I get some time to play with the forum_auth and make it, so that only MODs and Admins can create a registration form, but everyone (which access to the forum) can register.

Unless the creator of the mod knows how to fix this faster than I can (which will be likly). By the way, I love this MOD and we use it all the time! :wink:

darkside1

Post by darkside1 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:30 pm

does attachment mod interfere with this mod

cybercs

Post by cybercs » Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:32 pm

No, I have that mod installed too. :D

darkside1

Post by darkside1 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:06 pm

Fatal error: Only variables can be passed by reference in x:\Forum-xxx-test\phpBB2\posting.php on line 714

I also get this error

darkside1

Post by darkside1 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:43 pm

this is the line of the error

submit_post($mode, $post_data, $return_message, $return_meta, $forum_id, $topic_id, $post_id, $poll_id, $topic_type, $bbcode_on, $html_on, $smilies_on, $attach_sig, $bbcode_uid, str_replace("\'", "''", $username), str_replace("\'", "''", $subject), str_replace("\'", "''", $message), str_replace("\'", "''", $poll_title), $poll_options, $poll_length, $reg_active, $reg_reset, str_replace("\'", "''", $reg_option1), str_replace("\'", "''", $reg_option2), str_replace("\'", "''", $reg_option3), $reg_max_option1, $reg_max_option2, $reg_max_option3, $reg_length);
}
break;

darkside1

Post by darkside1 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:45 pm

note: for PHP 5 users

change

("\'", "''", $reg_option1), str_replace("\'", "''", $reg_option2), str_replace("\'", "''", $reg_option3),

to
, $reg_option1, $reg_option2, $reg_option3

if some one would tell me why only on these and not needed on others??

darkside1

Post by darkside1 » Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:54 pm

anybody try and modify confirmation to moderators

so you could controll confirmations

ivyivy

Post by ivyivy » Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:28 am

cybercs wrote: I have found that you will need to allow all registered members access to this mod in the respected forum for them to vote. If you give say MOD access, everyone can see it, but only the MOD and Admin's can vote. So in the forums that I want this feature active in, I have made it available to all. I will have to look at the code when I get some time to play with the forum_auth and make it, so that only MODs and Admins can create a registration form, but everyone (which access to the forum) can register.

Unless the creator of the mod knows how to fix this faster than I can (which will be likly). By the way, I love this MOD and we use it all the time! :wink:

I have the exact same problem. We use this as an registration to events and love it. But I have to give access to everyone, otherwise they cant register and when they have the access they open events and we can't control it. any idea how to correct this? thanks

deyv

Post by deyv » Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:04 pm

Note: you need to modify many [find] string to instal reg mod on a forum with topic calendar already installed.

I had a problem after installing Regmod on a forum with topic calendar already installed.

Here how to fix it if you are in a similar situation.

The line 1429 of the install file performs this.

Code: Select all

#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
		$sql  = ($mode != "editpost") ? "INSERT INTO " . TOPICS_TABLE . " (topic_title, topic_poster, topic_time, forum_id, topic_status, topic_type, topic_calendar_time, topic_calendar_duration, topic_vote) VALUES ('$post_subject', " . $userdata['user_id'] . ", $current_time, $forum_id, " . TOPIC_UNLOCKED . ", $topic_type, $topic_calendar_time, $topic_calendar_duration, $topic_vote)" : "UPDATE " . TOPICS_TABLE . " SET topic_title = '$post_subject', topic_type = $topic_type, topic_calendar_time = $topic_calendar_time, topic_calendar_duration = $topic_calendar_duration " . (($post_data['edit_vote'] || !empty($poll_title)) ? ", topic_vote = " . $topic_vote : "") . " WHERE topic_id = $topic_id";

#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]----------------------------------
#
// RegMod-Begin
	$topic_reg = 0;
	if (!empty($reg_option1) || !empty($reg_option2) || !empty($reg_option3)) {
	    $topic_reg = 1;
	}
	$sql  = ($mode != "editpost") ? "INSERT INTO " . TOPICS_TABLE . " (topic_title, topic_poster, topic_time, forum_id, topic_status, topic_type, topic_vote, topic_reg) VALUES ('$post_subject', " . $userdata['user_id'] . ", $current_time, $forum_id, " . TOPIC_UNLOCKED . ", $topic_type, $topic_vote, $topic_reg)" : "UPDATE " . TOPICS_TABLE . " SET topic_title = '$post_subject', topic_type = $topic_type " . (($post_data['edit_vote'] || !empty($poll_title)) ? ", topic_vote = " . $topic_vote : "") . ", topic_reg = " . $topic_reg . " WHERE topic_id = $topic_id";
// RegMod-End
Since regmod makes a replace instead of adding, you loose what Topic_calendar had already added for itself.

Here's the correct code

#
#
		$sql  = ($mode != "editpost") ? "INSERT INTO " . TOPICS_TABLE . " (topic_title, topic_poster, topic_time, forum_id, topic_status, topic_type, topic_calendar_time, topic_calendar_duration, topic_vote) VALUES ('$post_subject', " . $userdata['user_id'] . ", $current_time, $forum_id, " . TOPIC_UNLOCKED . ", $topic_type, $topic_calendar_time, $topic_calendar_duration, $topic_vote)" : "UPDATE " . TOPICS_TABLE . " SET topic_title = '$post_subject', topic_type = $topic_type, topic_calendar_time = $topic_calendar_time, topic_calendar_duration = $topic_calendar_duration " . (($post_data['edit_vote'] || !empty($poll_title)) ? ", topic_vote = " . $topic_vote : "") . " WHERE topic_id = $topic_id";

#
#
// RegMod-Begin
	$topic_reg = 0;
	if (!empty($reg_option1) || !empty($reg_option2) || !empty($reg_option3)) {
	    $topic_reg = 1;
	}
	$sql  = ($mode != "editpost") ? "INSERT INTO " . TOPICS_TABLE . " (topic_title, topic_poster, topic_time, forum_id, topic_status, topic_type, topic_calendar_time, topic_calendar_duration, topic_vote, topic_reg) VALUES ('$post_subject', " . $userdata['user_id'] . ", $current_time, $forum_id, " . TOPIC_UNLOCKED . ", $topic_type, $topic_calendar_time, $topic_calendar_duration, $topic_vote, $topic_reg)" : "UPDATE " . TOPICS_TABLE . " SET topic_title = '$post_subject', topic_type = $topic_type, topic_calendar_time = $topic_calendar_time, topic_calendar_duration = $topic_calendar_duration " . (($post_data['edit_vote'] || !empty($poll_title)) ? ", topic_vote = " . $topic_vote : "") . ", topic_reg = " . $topic_reg . " WHERE topic_id = $topic_id";
// RegMod-End

NetizenKane

Post by NetizenKane » Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:39 am

Hi all.

Due to a lack of time ($%&§* job :wink: ) i couldn't do as much as i want to this mod. Besides i've some trouble with the demo page of the RegMod (read more at http://regmod.clancodes.com).

Whatever, i've a little bit more time now and i will do some further developing at this mod. The main thing will be the splitting of the auth system as requested:
I have found that you will need to allow all registered members access to this mod in the respected forum for them to vote. If you give say MOD access, everyone can see it, but only the MOD and Admin's can vote. So in the forums that I want this feature active in, I have made it available to all. I will have to look at the code when I get some time to play with the forum_auth and make it, so that only MODs and Admins can create a registration form, but everyone (which access to the forum) can register.

One error at version 2 is fixed (when the maximum of registrations is reached, users who are already registered couldn't confirm their registration).

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#
includes/regmod_viewtopic.php

#
#
	if (1 === $reg_expired || (false === check_max_registration($topic_id,1) && false === check_user_registered($topic_id,$userdata['user_id'],1)))
	{
		$readonly_option1 = 'disabled="disabled"';
	}
	if (1 === $reg_expired || (false === check_max_registration($topic_id,2)))
	{
		$readonly_option2 = 'disabled="disabled"';
	}
	if (1 === $reg_expired || (false === check_max_registration($topic_id,3)))
	{
		$readonly_option3 = 'disabled="disabled"';
	}

# 
#
	if (1 === $reg_expired || (false === check_max_registration($topic_id,1) && false === check_user_registered($topic_id,$userdata['user_id'],1)))
	{
		$readonly_option1 = 'disabled="disabled"';
	}
	if (1 === $reg_expired || (false === check_max_registration($topic_id,2) && false === check_user_registered($topic_id,$userdata['user_id'],2)))
	{
		$readonly_option2 = 'disabled="disabled"';
	}
	if (1 === $reg_expired || (false === check_max_registration($topic_id,3) && false === check_user_registered($topic_id,$userdata['user_id'],3)))
	{
		$readonly_option3 = 'disabled="disabled"';
	}
I will also read all other suggestions and try to fix the serious ones. Thanks for your help.
Greets
Kane

NetizenKane

Post by NetizenKane » Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:46 am

New release candidate. Have a look at the first topic.

cavallino

Post by cavallino » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:13 pm

I just wanna say thanks for this update ;)

en_shua

Post by en_shua » Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:10 pm

I'm installing this on a new board for a friend. And I have a stupid question....

What calendars support this MOD?

Thanks again for this awesome MOD!

groundfighter

Post by groundfighter » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:16 am

Sweet mod, installed easily with no problems.

N2PHP

Quick fix for permissions and auths.

Post by N2PHP » Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:52 am

Real simple fix, just download this small hack I used the first one for admins only, there is another one there that will allow you to use what you wish.

http://phpbbhacks.com/searchresults.php ... &Submit=Go

The open posting_body.tpl find:

{REGBOX}

Replace with:

<!-- BEGIN switch_admin_view_only -->
{REGBOX}
<!-- END switch_admin_view_only -->

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”