[Beta] HTML Enabled Only For Administrator

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Oum

Post by Oum »

great mod :D ... I've got "novice" question about it : if a member, not admin, quote the admin's post containing html, does html still works in the member's post ?... and if he changes the html code, will it still work ?
JMulder

Post by JMulder »

Good question, never thought of that. Unfortunately nope, I don't think so.

I never thought of it, I just use this so I can use HTML in my newsposts, and nobody quotes newsposts to comment :)

Perhaps someone else knows a way how to implement this ..?
radmanics

Post by radmanics »

that could be a rather large whole, as if you allow html in quotes, anyone would be able to do :P
JMulder

Post by JMulder »

Yeah and now I think of it not possible without completely rewriting the way phpBB parses messages.

At the moment it enables or disables parsing in posts made by an administrator or not.
Oum

Post by Oum »

thank you... no security whole then, just wanted tu be sure of that :wink:
Drummer4Life05

Post by Drummer4Life05 »

Great MOD! Been waiting for this one.
Brian G

Post by Brian G »

Could you possibly tell me how to get this to work in signatures?

Thats the only reason I want it :-/
Need Traffic? Try Att-Traffic!
PureGuava.com - Webmaster/Owner
Diablo3k - Technical Advisor
R. U. Serious

Post by R. U. Serious »

Just to let everybody know: This mod adds 2 queries for each post in your viewtopic. So if you display 25 posts per page, that would be an extra 50 queries. For small boards maybe ok, but otherwise...

And it is not even necessary. You can save both queries.
Around line 384 you will find this

Code: Select all

//
// Go ahead and pull all data for this topic
//
$sql = "SELECT u.username, u.user_id, u.user_posts, u.user_from, u.user_website, u.user_email, u.user_icq, u.user_aim, u.user_yim, u.user_regdate, u. <goes on forever....>
Just add a "user_level, " there and later you can simply use

Code: Select all

$postrow[$i]['user_level']
instead of making two queries...

But hey, he called it Zulu, didn't he ... *G*
JMulder

Post by JMulder »

Ahah yeah I did ;) Thank you.. I've been learning more and more about the way phpBB2 works so someday I can produce code that fits in phpBB2's code ;)
Brian G

Post by Brian G »

Thanks for addressing the part about the signatures......

Guess I'll just ditch the html then.
JMulder

Post by JMulder »

It shouldn't be too hard altering this MOD so it works with HTML signatures as well. Though, why'd you want HTML in your sig?
Brian G

Post by Brian G »

Cuz Im lazy and changed something in the style in the top of the overall_header that wont let the [ size ] tag shrink a link.

If you notice how the links in my sig here are small, well I copied the exact same bbcode to my sig Here yet as you can tell the links are a lot bigger.

and Like I said Im lazy and dont wanna re-write the style I just wanna force the 8px size with HTML :D.

I have messed around with the style a bit, even went as far as to create a class called .small and assign it to the URL tag of the BBcode document still didnt work lol so i gave up and looked for the HTML mod. But Ive removed the html stuff, 1. it didnt work in the sig 2. it screwed up my topic_review even tho i adjusted that file exactly as was told to 3. the extra queries for nothin.

in case you wonder what i mean by screwed up topic review, It'd show some posts but others wouldnt even be there. No errors or nothin, they just werent there and I couldnt tell what was diff about them than the ohters.
JMulder

Post by JMulder »

Then why not create a new CSS Class and apply it to the signature space? I've created many new classes, nothing to it :)
Oum

Post by Oum »

Hi, I'm really interested in this mod... but in the topic I see some fix here, some update there... :?
but me I'm just a very beginner in php, would it be possible that you post the whole code fixed and updated in just one shot... so I could see clearly what I must do... ? please ? :roll:

Thanx
Night4554

Post by Night4554 »

I'd love to see an updated version that reduced those sql queries, and maybe even an add-on to allow php code in posts for admins.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”