[ABD] Google sitemap mod

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
lvsinjin

Post by lvsinjin »

thanks so much.
8)
Patrick Simmons

Post by Patrick Simmons »

I get this when I loaded it:

<loc>http://audioartsandelectronics.com/shop ... t=166</loc>
<lastmod>2005-06-08T20:00:19+00:00</lastmod>
<changefreq>always</changefreq>
<priority>0.5</priority>
</url>

There should be a / after shoptalk

Also I indicated I wanted all 11 forums included bu I only have maybe 20 listed.
tomythius

Post by tomythius »

Patrick Simmons wrote: There should be a / after shoptalk
tomythius wrote: I also had to change:

Code: Select all

$server_url = $server_protocol . $server_name . $server_port . $script_name;
to

$server_url = $server_protocol . $server_name . $server_port . $script_name . '/';
because urls weren't being presented correctly.

This'll solve problem 1.
Tom says so, QED.
Patrick Simmons

Thanks you, that did it.

One thing though at the top where my site name is listed it has 2 /, but when I entered that into browser it still went to my site will that hurt anything?
tomythius

Post by tomythius »

If your browser found it then the spider probably will.
The spiders the only thing thats going to see the sitemap.
Tom says so, QED.
Ben42

Post by Ben42 »

Ummmmmmmmmm.....

Before when I would put site:einvesting.com in google I'd get about 7 results. Now I get about 33,000!!! I don't even have that many pages I don't think, its crawling and saving EVERYTHING!

It strange too everytime I do the search it goes up by another 1000 or so. This is crazy...anyone else seeing results like this? I should stop searching just in case I flip it, heh.

I tried searching a particular phrase afrom my site and it shows up and everything too.

I dunno, this is looking very good! 8)
jhaskins

Post by jhaskins »

Time for today's update. What's new:
  • The missing slash in the forum path has been fixed
  • If gzip compression is enabled for your board, the sitemap will be compressed
  • It is no longer neccesary to supply a list of forum ids. All forums with publicly viewable topics ("Read" permission set to "ALL") will be included automatically. Thanks to Kieran007 for the sql to do this.
download here
Patrick Simmons

when I submitted to google sitemaps I got Parsing error
"We were unable to read your Sitemap.It may contain an entry we are unable to recognize. Please validate your Sitemap before resubmitting. "

Is there something I am doing wrong. If I enter http://www.audioartsandelectronics.com/ ... itemap.php into my browser I get urls.

Does anyone have a clue?
tomythius

Post by tomythius »

I don't think there should be newlines in the middle of a 'loc' tag. Should all be on one line.
This is most likely a problem with your sitemap_body.tpl template file.
Tom says so, QED.
jhaskins

Post by jhaskins »

There aren't acutally any newlines there. That's just the way some browsers (for example, firefox) show it. To check, just view the page source.

I did notice that you're missing the slash after shoptalk. After checking the files I posted, it seems that in my haste to get the other features added, I missed a crucial line in the fix for that. Either download the mod again or apply tomythius's fix:

change:

$server_url = $server_protocol . $server_name . $server_port . $script_name;
to

$server_url = $server_protocol . $server_name . $server_port . $script_name . '/';

Other than that, I can't see any problems with your sitemap. It appears to be valid, so try resubmitting it once the slash issue is fixed.
Patrick Simmons

I did and I'm still waiting it has been 4 hrs now but I know how they are.

Thanks for the mod.
tomythius

Post by tomythius »

But your sitemap.php still prints urls without / after 'shoptalk':

These give 404s, not helpful to a spider.
Tom says so, QED.
Patrick Simmons

jhaskins wrote: Time for today's update. What's new:
  • The missing slash in the forum path has been fixed
  • If gzip compression is enabled for your board, the sitemap will be compressed
  • It is no longer neccesary to supply a list of forum ids. All forums with publicly viewable topics ("Read" permission set to "ALL") will be included automatically. Thanks to Kieran007 for the sql to do this.
download here

I saw that an uploaded the new one without checking back to see if it worked. Thanks for pointint that out to me I wouldn't have even looked.
jhaskins

Post by jhaskins »

Version 0.5.0 is now available. Besdies some minor cleanup, the main feature of this release is that it moves the configuration out of sitemap.php and into the admin panel. Installation instructions are in sitemap_mod.txt. I've installed this on a vaniila board and everything seems to be working fine, so I don't anticipate any major problems. If you do have any problems, just reply here as usual.

download here
n1kki6

Post by n1kki6 »

jhaskins wrote: Version 0.5.0 is now available. Besdies some minor cleanup, the main feature of this release is that it moves the configuration out of sitemap.php and into the admin panel. Installation instructions are in sitemap_mod.txt. I've installed this on a vaniila board and everything seems to be working fine, so I don't anticipate any major problems. If you do have any problems, just reply here as usual.

download here

I dont see the config in the ACP, where should it be located? also how does the auto submit script work do i make another php file for that or inset it into sitemap.php

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”