[RC] User Website MOD v0.1.4

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
deejaybet

Post by deejaybet » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:23 pm

perhaps u could allow some javascript in the page.. mayb simple javascript like that of freewebs.com

infomaster

Post by infomaster » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:58 am

started yet?
There are only two things that this mod really need.
There is the ability to create multiple pages, and the other is the much needed WYSIWYG editor. Something lik FCKeditor will go a long way. AND REMEMBER TO MAKE AN OPTION TO TURN THE WYSWIG EDITOR OFF. :wink:

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye » Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:04 am

infomaster wrote: started yet?
There are only two things that this mod really need.
There is the ability to create multiple pages, and the other is the much needed WYSIWYG editor. Something lik FCKeditor will go a long way. AND REMEMBER TO MAKE AN OPTION TO TURN THE WYSWIG EDITOR OFF. :wink:

This has been put a bit on the backburner with my recent addition to the support team :)

Multiple pages is something I really do want to add. A WYSIWYG editor on the other hand.. not something that can be done with PHP, HTML etc.. it would require Javascript or AJAX.. languages I know nothing about whatsoever.
Customisations Team Member

https://github.com/battye/php-array-parser - Give it a Star! :D

JmsMusic.co.uk

Post by JmsMusic.co.uk » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:25 am

Is there going to be a new release soon?
Thanks,

JmsMusic

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:00 am

battye wrote: This has been put a bit on the backburner with my recent addition to the support team :)

When I get some time, I will work on this again.

JmsMusic.co.uk

Post by JmsMusic.co.uk » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:01 am

Sounds good to me.

Keep up the good work and congratulations on the new "Support Team" Membership!
Thanks,

JmsMusic

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:02 am

JmsMusic.co.uk wrote: Sounds good to me.

Keep up the good work and congratulations on the new "Support Team" Membership!

dan369

Post by dan369 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:10 pm

I can't edit users websites in the acp. I tried to fix this myself, but my php skills are limited. I feel I need to have this function because basically the admin should have full control over everything.

Also, the website icon is not showing in PM system.

Mephistox

Post by Mephistox » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:05 am

I'm not sure if you've done so yet, but adding templates for the users so they didn't have to make their page from scratch would be nice.

hotrocket

Post by hotrocket » Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:48 am

The script has a template included and its a breeze to add as many as you like..I have over 30 available to my members..all you really have to do is create a table, and then add it to the templates folder, just be sure to use the proper file extension - it is .uwm
you can even include images or backgrounds for those pages..just put the images folder in the templates folder.

I believe if you search back in this thread there is more info on creating templates for this script.

deejaybet

Post by deejaybet » Thu May 04, 2006 5:06 pm

any chance (when you get time of course) that you could make some basic javascript available for the page similar to that of freewebs.com were they offer a few basic javascripts for the user

other than that it seams a great mod when its finished

dan369

Post by dan369 » Fri May 05, 2006 8:01 pm

dan369 wrote: I can't edit users websites in the acp. I tried to fix this myself, but my php skills are limited. I feel I need to have this function because basically the admin should have full control over everything.

Also, the website icon is not showing in PM system.

Is this possible or not? Admin cant edit users websites?

hotrocket

Post by hotrocket » Fri May 05, 2006 9:30 pm

No there is not a feature that allows admins to edit others sites..the only way is if you go into your database through your hosting control panel or use php myadmin and alter the database..the html code/colors is saved in the database.
and yes I agree it is really needed.

I'm not sure why you would want the website icon visible in the pm system...but if you search back in this thread there are instructions on what the code is for the icon and how to add it..you can find the code in viewtopic_body.tpl or profile_view_body.tpl as well.

I wouldnt expect much help from the author on the existing mod..he's supposedly re writing the entire thing from scratch but it will be a long time coming..hes a moderator here now and seems this mod is not a priority to him any longer...happens with alot of phpbb2 mods.

I'm sure someone else will either take over development or write their own sooner or later...sure would be nice.
also I think many mod authors are anxious to see if any BB2 mods will be compatible with the upcoming BB3 release...whenever that finally happens...lol

dan369

Post by dan369 » Sat May 06, 2006 6:24 pm

Doesnt sound very positive but I agree with everything you say :lol:

infomaster

Post by infomaster » Sun May 14, 2006 8:21 am

hotrocket wrote: No there is not a feature that allows admins to edit others sites..the only way is if you go into your database through your hosting control panel or use php myadmin and alter the database..the html code/colors is saved in the database.
and yes I agree it is really needed.

I'm not sure why you would want the website icon visible in the pm system...but if you search back in this thread there are instructions on what the code is for the icon and how to add it..you can find the code in viewtopic_body.tpl or profile_view_body.tpl as well.

I wouldnt expect much help from the author on the existing mod..he's supposedly re writing the entire thing from scratch but it will be a long time coming..hes a moderator here now and seems this mod is not a priority to him any longer...happens with alot of phpbb2 mods.

I'm sure someone else will either take over development or write their own sooner or later...sure would be nice.
also I think many mod authors are anxious to see if any BB2 mods will be compatible with the upcoming BB3 release...whenever that finally happens...lol

I agree with the fact that an admin editor would be preferable, however, i believe that this feature is not of great importance and that other features precede this, even though ppl who dont know how to use phpmyadmin may have trouble editing their users' pages.

although i agree with most things you have said about the author, he is still supporting ppl and this mod is still active. Ppl are free to contribute to this mod and if battye wants this mods to be completely taken over by someone else, he would probably say so.

it will not work with phpbb3 without being modified.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”