[RC] User Website MOD v0.1.4

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
hotrocket

Post by hotrocket » Sun May 14, 2006 10:59 am

As I have had this mod running for almost 6 months and had to help numerous members with edits to their pages, I can assure you an admin edit feature is very much needed.

as far as this mod and the status of development..he has said himself this version is dead and he is completely rewritting the mod..but due to his status as a mod here it is on the backburner...(his words not mine) and he will work on it when he has time.

Yes I'm sure anyone can contribute...but I have to be frank and say that this mod was 1st posted on Jun 09, 2005 ..seems to me that 3 weeks short of 1 year is long enough to complete a mod. Furthermore I find it a bit irritating that someone who is a phpbb2 support person finds it to be more important to allow this project to languish in favor of his duties here on the phpbb2 site.

Personally I have no need for any updates as I have made all the modifications to this script I need (save the admin edit feature) and I can easily edit thru the database when needed.

I would be happpy to share my mods to this script, however the site that it is incorporated into is so hacked up and modified itself, the coding would be of no value to anyone using this in a stock forum setup.

josephiron

Post by josephiron » Thu May 25, 2006 3:42 pm

i am totally interested with this mod, havent got any news yet ?

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye » Sat May 27, 2006 5:09 am

Hi all. I'm sorry that I haven't had much time lately to work on this MOD, but I have some good news.

Just recently I was able to get some work on v2 done, and I feel there has been enough progress to release some preliminary screenshots.

They can be viewed at: http://www.cmxmods.net/user_website_mod.php

Currently, I have done a bit of work on the multiple pages, and also added a new "tips" feature, which will be handy for new users :)
Customisations Team Member

https://github.com/battye/php-array-parser - Give it a Star! :D

Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx » Sat May 27, 2006 5:29 am

Great! thanks for the update. :)

josephiron

Post by josephiron » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:25 am

How it is going ?

Two weeks passed. :wink:

Johnpg82

Post by Johnpg82 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:23 am

I was easily able to inject javascript by just inserting

</style> into the css box right before the javascript was injected. Can you think of a fix for this? Thanks, John.

p.s. Why do you have <br /><!--<br /> in the css tag?
Last edited by Johnpg82 on Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Johnpg82

Post by Johnpg82 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:37 am

This should fix the problem.

FIND

Code: Select all

$user_website['user_website_title'] = str_replace($chars, $tags, $user_website['user_website_title']);
			$user_css = (isset($user_website['user_website_css'])) ? "<style type=\"text/css\"><br /><!--<br />" . $user_website['user_website_css'] . "<br />--><br /></style>" : ""; // Originally by Excursus
Replace with

Code: Select all

$user_website_css = str_replace("</style>", "", $user_website['user_website_css']);
			$user_website['user_website_title'] = str_replace($chars, $tags, $user_website['user_website_title']);
			$user_css = (isset($user_website['user_website_css'])) ? "<style type=\"text/css\"><!--" . $user_website_css . "--></style>" : "";

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:56 am

Hi, thanks for reminding me by bumping this thread.

Due to the recent release of Olympus Beta 1, it would be silly not to instead put the development time towards an Olympus version of this MOD.

I had done a bit, and possibly enough to come back to in the future, but as I said, I will instead work on an Olympus compatible version of this MOD. I am sure most people will be upgrading to 3.0 anyway, so this should work out for the best :)

Cheers everyone

Johnpg82

Post by Johnpg82 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:54 pm

Olympus?

MaestroX

Post by MaestroX » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:39 pm

This looks like a great mod, hows the progress on version 2? I'm holding out until you release this one :)

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:49 pm

MaestroX wrote: This looks like a great mod, hows the progress on version 2? I'm holding out until you release this one :)

Progress is non-existant. Because the code in Olympus will change quite a lot between now and when it goes gold, I will be starting after Olympus is released :)

MaestroX

Post by MaestroX » Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:44 am

oww, I was really looking foward to this mod. Is the one on the first page of this topic fully functional? I don't intend to upgrade to Olympus when it comes out.

Thanks

Johnpg82

Post by Johnpg82 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:23 am

MaestroX wrote: oww, I was really looking foward to this mod. Is the one on the first page of this topic fully functional? I don't intend to upgrade to Olympus when it comes out.

Thanks

Neither do I. I am way to modified to even think about upgrading to Olympus.

MaestroX

Post by MaestroX » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:25 am

Same situation i'm in. If i upgrade i will have to start all over again

deejaybet

Post by deejaybet » Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:49 pm

same goes here... months of hardcoding.. dont like easymod.. and now when olymupus comes out it will have many features but many we want on olypus just wont work or be released etc.. maybe ill upgrade a year after olympus is released or when good mods come out.. at least i can stay on top of the upgrding when it does come out..

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”