[BETA] Foretell Sports MOD 0.0.3

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
helluvaguy

Post by helluvaguy »

Two questions.
1. What's the differnce between player mode individual or teams? Where does that show a differnce.

2 How do I get the link for fixtures to appear?
champie

Atletics, Bicycle

Post by champie »

Is there a possibility to use this with Atletics and Bicicyle events like the tour de France. Only one winner and not matches?

Greets
helluvaguy

Post by helluvaguy »

Not really I guess. Well ,not without a severe amount of changes to the code. It's simply made for 1on1 machtes, either player or teams.

Do you simply want to predict a winner or even bet on it with something like the cash mod?
champie

Post by champie »

i simply want to predict a winner. the store of points is enough.

i saw it needs some recoding then. in stead of tie, local and visitor you should have a dropdownmenu with all atlets. there's the basis with making rounds. after releasing the rounds, members should only see the specific course / game and have the possiblility to predict a winner.

nice for F1 of altletics or just cycling.
helluvaguy

Post by helluvaguy »

Well, let's wait and see if steavieleeking is willing to do it.
Meanwhile you could take a look at the formula 1 webtip mod of Aceventura if that might be changable to your cycling needs

http://demos.kilu.de/

It's a german mod, but I think easy to understand, nonetheless.
craiggiarc

Post by craiggiarc »

I have just installed this MOD and while I'm recieving no error messages I do have one problem.

When adding a new tournament althought the dB is getting updated the pages that reference the tournaments are not seeing them and I therefore cannot go any further.

If I add another tournament with the same name it even comes back and recognises that there is already a tournament with that name and prevents me from creating them again.

All the other edit options and drop-downs work, just not the tournament list!

Can anyone shed any light on this issue as I'm pulling my hair out!

Thanks in advance

Craig
helluvaguy

Post by helluvaguy »

You are talking about the disply in the ACP or on the foretell.php page?
craiggiarc

Post by craiggiarc »

In the ACP, the specific page is: -

admin_foretell_tournaments.php
helluvaguy

Post by helluvaguy »

Oh, I thought you ment the other page, in that case maybe you'll better ask at steavieleekings page itself. He's more likely to be caught there.

http://www.foretell-sports.com.ar/
craiggiarc

Post by craiggiarc »

Thanks helluvaguy, I've posted my problem there, I was hoping that somebody may have experienced this before and give me the answer straight away!

Fingers crossed!
crib3l

Post by crib3l »

sorry for me englis ..in this turnament first round T ,L and V workyng and nest round T not workyng .....please help in this problem ..thanx
insanecon

Post by insanecon »

I just installed this mod..
Now I'm trying to set it up..
I've created countries and sports..
when i go to create a team..it says you must create a sport..
I've done that!!
please help me!
nuzzosono

Post by nuzzosono »

I'll be great if we can mirror the round for the return matches.
I have inserted 19 rounds now the other 19 are the same but the home team became visitor team....
itsonlybarney

Post by itsonlybarney »

How is the development of this MOD going?? I haven't been around for a while so I thought I'd see where everything is up to.
Enjoy talking about trains?
Big_Kahuna

Post by Big_Kahuna »

I've found some sort of bug in this MOD. It has been running succesfully on our site for one year now, with lots of tournaments and currently over 200 members registered.

However, this last round, (at least) one user had managed to insert duplicate predicitions for the same round. The round had 6 matches, and instead of 6 predicitions in foretell_predicitions table, there was 12 predicitions inserted in this table for this specific user only. The duplicate predicitions of each game was identical and this resulted in that he obviously got twice as many points in this round. We have solved the problem by removing the duplicate prediction and removing the points he got by mistake.

I have not been able to get any bugreport or any description how he managed to do this or if he even got an error of some sort.

Anyone else experienced this problem?

Edit: I could mention that we have not updated the MOD with the newest version, we are runnig with version 0.0.2 ...

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”