[BETA] Foretell Sports MOD 0.0.3

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
User avatar
steavieleeking
Registered User
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2002 1:46 am
Contact:

Post by steavieleeking » Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:43 pm

Flash005 wrote: This mode would make me rich :D


just remember it's BETA. Don't blame me if you loose your millions. :D
Is it possible to chage the number of point for right gusseds, instead of 1 i would like to be 3, just like soccer?


In the next release for sure. It's an easy one.
And how cal i delete a round?


delete functions are not ready by now, they will be in future releases.

Peter77sx wrote: to define('PAGE_FORETELL', -122); because another mod is already using 12. could this be a problem?


Not problem, that's the procedure when another mod is using the "-12".
vrflyer wrote: ^^^ It looks like you forgot to EDIT your "lang_admin.php" file.


oops! my mistake. it's not lang_admin.php... it's lang_admin_foretell.php
edit the file "lang_admin_foretell.php" and add this lines...

Code: Select all

$lang['Foretell_Config'] = 'Foretell Sports Configuration';
$lang['Foretell_Config_explain'] = 'The form below will allow you to customize all the Foretell Sports options.';
$lang['Foretell_settings'] = 'Foretell Sports Settings';
$lang['Reminder_email_disable'] = 'Enable Reminder Email';
$lang['Email_reminder_explain'] = 'A reminder email is sent before round\'s close time. The email is sent only to the users who did not foretell the round.';
$lang['Reminder_hours'] = 'Hours Before Expiration';
$lang['Reminder_hours_explain'] = 'Number of hours, the reminder must be sent, before the expiration of a round.';
$lang['Auto_close_disable'] = 'Enable Auto Close';
$lang['Auto_close_explain'] = 'Rounds will be automatically closed when close time is reached. Set the close time throught Rounds Administration Panel.';

Peter77sx
Registered User
Posts: 3247
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:51 pm

Post by Peter77sx » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:27 am

Thanks for brining it to the authors attention, vrflyer. looks like he gots it. so problem fixed.

now the foretell.php page says No tournaments to show

but yet, I've already made tournaments. am I missing something here?

reggien
Registered User
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:59 am

Post by reggien » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:35 am

Peter77sx wrote: I did edit my language_admin.php file. there is one thing I changed...

in constants I changed define('PAGE_FORETELL', -12);


to define('PAGE_FORETELL', -122); because another mod is already using 12. could this be a problem?


I have the same issue and wondered myself if it was because another mod was already using 12. My configuration screen looks just like yours in the above screenshot. :?

Peter77sx
Registered User
Posts: 3247
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:51 pm

Post by Peter77sx » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:46 am

reggien wrote:
Peter77sx wrote:I did edit my language_admin.php file. there is one thing I changed...

in constants I changed define('PAGE_FORETELL', -12);


to define('PAGE_FORETELL', -122); because another mod is already using 12. could this be a problem?


I have the same issue and wondered myself if it was because another mod was already using 12. My configuration screen looks just like yours in the above screenshot. :?


yeah, he said it was fine. there is also a fix a couple post above with some missing language files.

reggien
Registered User
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:59 am

Post by reggien » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:27 pm

Peter77sx wrote:
reggien wrote:
Peter77sx wrote:I did edit my language_admin.php file. there is one thing I changed...

in constants I changed define('PAGE_FORETELL', -12);


to define('PAGE_FORETELL', -122); because another mod is already using 12. could this be a problem?


I have the same issue and wondered myself if it was because another mod was already using 12. My configuration screen looks just like yours in the above screenshot. :?


yeah, he said it was fine. there is also a fix a couple post above with some missing language files.


Yeah cheers, I just came across that fix. Where exactly does the code go? Does it really matter (ie: Before ADD or After ADD)?

Peter77sx
Registered User
Posts: 3247
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:51 pm

Post by Peter77sx » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:30 pm

reggien wrote:
Peter77sx wrote:
reggien wrote:
Peter77sx wrote:I did edit my language_admin.php file. there is one thing I changed...

in constants I changed define('PAGE_FORETELL', -12);


to define('PAGE_FORETELL', -122); because another mod is already using 12. could this be a problem?


I have the same issue and wondered myself if it was because another mod was already using 12. My configuration screen looks just like yours in the above screenshot. :?


yeah, he said it was fine. there is also a fix a couple post above with some missing language files.


Yeah cheers, I just came across that fix. Where exactly does the code go? Does it really matter (ie: Before ADD or After ADD)?


I guess it doesn't matter. I put it BEFORE the ?> and it worked fine. :)

reggien
Registered User
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:59 am

Post by reggien » Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:00 am

Peter77sx wrote:
reggien wrote:Yeah cheers, I just came across that fix. Where exactly does the code go? Does it really matter (ie: Before ADD or After ADD)?


I guess it doesn't matter. I put it BEFORE the ?> and it worked fine. :)


Oh ok, cool. Hey did you end up working out what was up with your tournaments not showing?

User avatar
steavieleeking
Registered User
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2002 1:46 am
Contact:

Post by steavieleeking » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:54 am

about the tournament not showing.... if you created a tournament and the first round to this tournament your problem must be a config issue.
go to the sports section and edit the sport you have created, set it as default.
go to the tournaments panel, edit your tournament and set it as default and open.
now you should see the tournament.

Peter77sx
Registered User
Posts: 3247
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:51 pm

Post by Peter77sx » Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:24 am

steavieleeking wrote: about the tournament not showing.... if you created a tournament and the first round to this tournament your problem must be a config issue.
go to the sports section and edit the sport you have created, set it as default.
go to the tournaments panel, edit your tournament and set it as default and open.
now you should see the tournament.


I get what your saying, but the message it's giving me is not complete. I must... do what?

You must the first round before...
Image :?:

User avatar
steavieleeking
Registered User
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2002 1:46 am
Contact:

Post by steavieleeking » Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:27 am

you must create.... looks like you didn't add any match to the first round, you need to create the first round before you release (open) the tournament.

Peter77sx
Registered User
Posts: 3247
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:51 pm

Post by Peter77sx » Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:09 am

Okay! I got it, thanks. I was hitting Update instead of Submit when creating the rounds.

I see we can predict rounds, no predicting scores too?

User avatar
Flash005
Registered User
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:35 pm

Post by Flash005 » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:26 am

steavieleeking Congratulations for this mod, im anxious for the next updates, i hope the mod can become almost perfect before German Worldcup :P

User avatar
Flash005
Registered User
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:35 pm

Post by Flash005 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:31 am

Peter77sx wrote: I see we can predict rounds, no predicting scores too?

That would be wonderfull!

euro_boy
Registered User
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:07 pm
Location: Sofia , Bulgaria
Contact:

Post by euro_boy » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:40 am

When will have 0.0.4 version ?

Peter77sx
Registered User
Posts: 3247
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:51 pm

Post by Peter77sx » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:00 am

Flash005 wrote:
Peter77sx wrote: I see we can predict rounds, no predicting scores too?

That would be wonderfull!


Yes it would.

Post Reply

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests