[BETA] Foretell Sports MOD 0.0.3

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Phila

Post by Phila » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:29 am

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DNUMBER in /home/gamedayf/public_html/includes/functions.php on line 534

I just installed this mod and this is what comes up when I try to go to my site.

What did I do?

steavieleeking

i'm not dead

Post by steavieleeking » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:34 pm

Hello! i'm not dead, the topic reply notification ("watch this topic" thing) is not working anymore, at least for me, so, i didn't know you were posting here for the last two months.
Give me a day or two, i'll be answering to you.

kurgan warrior

Post by kurgan warrior » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:07 am

Great game!

I downloaded the mod tonight and tried it out. The SQL command prompts went flawlessly but I found a lot of problems with the foretell.tpl file. Several extra tags (mostly <table> <tr> <td>) and quite a few open tags without closing tags. (mostly <tr>)

The result was that the tables expanded to double my screen size and looked all funny in IE as can be expected. I'm sure this isn't intentional.

Theres also some missing lines in the configuration menu of the download but I see that you added them a few posts back, the fix worked great.

I need to edit your {ROUND_TABLE} . I'm from the USA and want to use this with American style football. Right now the table has the "Local" team on the left and the "visitor" team is on the right. I need to switch that to "visitor" on the left and "Home" on the right. Which file would this be done with and would it mess up the database at all ?

I also have another question. After I make my picks for a round the {ROUND_TABLE} table shows a column called "score" but in the admin cp I can't enter the score, I can only pick "L" or "V". Is there a way that I can enter the actual final score of the real game ?

Keep up the great work!

abumslife

Post by abumslife » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:06 pm

is anyone using this mod on an english site using nfl or other american sports i could check out

thanks

beggers

Post by beggers » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:21 am

If anyone can document the "American modifications" please post that info. I'd appreciate it! Thanks.

reggien

Post by reggien » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:26 am

abumslife wrote: is anyone using this mod on an english site using nfl or other american sports i could check out

thanks

I'm using the mod for the Australian football codes - Australian Football League and National Rugby League:

http://www.talkingfooty.com/forums/foretell.php

Have just completed a successful season in both competitions. Would love to see the addition of one being able to change/edit their tips before the game in a future release of this mod. That would have to be the biggest issue my members had particularly when one tipped a draw by mistake and I had to go into the database to manually change it.

abumslife

Post by abumslife » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:16 pm

what is tipping?

reggien

Post by reggien » Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:26 am

abumslife wrote: what is tipping?

Australian I guess for predict. :wink:

mh0825

Post by mh0825 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:07 am

Ok, I went to the site and the download doesn't seem to work... I get it as a download.php file instead of the zip file it says it is. I posted for help there with no luck at all.

Does anyone have a copy of this ZIP file? I really like this mod and would like to use it for my sports site.

reggien

Post by reggien » Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:00 am

mh0825 wrote: Ok, I went to the site and the download doesn't seem to work... I get it as a download.php file instead of the zip file it says it is. I posted for help there with no luck at all.

Does anyone have a copy of this ZIP file? I really like this mod and would like to use it for my sports site.

Download works fine for me with WinZip.

Granit

Post by Granit » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:52 pm

Is there anyone how now if there some way to delete an old tornumant?
I now theres no buildt in function for this, but it must be some way to delete one could think.

Granit

Post by Granit » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:46 pm

What to do if a meeting is cancelled och suspended?

NickSw

Problem installing with EM

Post by NickSw » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:23 pm

Hi I get some errors copying files on line 261.

I get the error below + a few others similar.

Critical Error

COPY FAILED: The target file to be copied [./mods/Foretell-Sports_BETA-0-0-3/foretell_sports/root/foretell.php] could not be found.
copy foretell_sports/root/foretell.php to foretell.php
MOD script line #261 :: FAQ :: Report

NickSw

Post by NickSw » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:55 pm

Sorted now :D

I`d like to change the L to H for Home and the V to A for Away ideally any ideas ?

CipriaN0

Re: [BETA] Foretell Sports MOD 0.0.3

Post by CipriaN0 » Sat May 12, 2007 9:07 am

hi, i have installed this. but i do not see any link to the setup or anything about this mod on my forum, i made all changes requierd in the install file. please help

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”