[RC13] IP Country Flag 2.9.6b full (2008-03-20)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Locked
Nefrit
Registered User
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:07 pm
Contact:

Post by Nefrit » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:32 pm

3Di wrote: Once again, wich One?


sorry couldn't get what you mean by 'wich one' but.....

I want to add (ip country mod) to (last visit mod) so I can also get the flags of the countries of the last visitors on the index page. how can I combine these both mods?

I liked the mod you did but in Turkey 50% of the IP numbers or most of the members are looking as undefinite.

User avatar
3Di
Former Team Member
Posts: 14389
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: Milan (IT) Frankfurt (DE)
Name: Marco
Contact:

Post by 3Di » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:46 pm

Nefrit wrote:
3Di wrote:Once again, wich One?


sorry couldn't get what you mean by 'wich one' but.....

I want to add (ip country mod) to (last visit mod) so I can also get the flags of the countries of the last visitors on the index page. how can I combine these both mods?

I liked the mod you did but in Turkey 50% of the IP numbers or most of the members are looking as undefinite.


IP Country Flag already have a Last Visit MOD I've adapted for it, (courtesy of reddog ), that's why i'm asking you to tell me and maybe give me a direct link where to download that MOD you're talking about.

Anyway, please use my board for "strane" requests that can be achieved or not, it depends on many factors.

Greets
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
✒️ Black Friday 2019 @ The Studio ▪️◾️

the_sim
Registered User
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 3:31 pm
Location: Minnesota

Post by the_sim » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:23 pm

Hey 3Di, will we expect an update for a fresh install of phpbb 2.0.21?

Thanks

User avatar
3Di
Former Team Member
Posts: 14389
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: Milan (IT) Frankfurt (DE)
Name: Marco
Contact:

Post by 3Di » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:29 pm

the_sim wrote: Hey 3Di, will we expect an update for a fresh install of phpbb 2.0.21?

Thanks


My new board it is already based on a fresh 2.0.21, the new archive ( 2.1.0a [RC8] ) will be available ASAP.

Greets
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
✒️ Black Friday 2019 @ The Studio ▪️◾️

User avatar
Elias
Registered User
Posts: 4625
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:31 pm
Location: In the Water!
Name: Elias

Post by Elias » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:38 pm

I live in Canada and i got an American Flag :P
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|

User avatar
3Di
Former Team Member
Posts: 14389
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: Milan (IT) Frankfurt (DE)
Name: Marco
Contact:

Post by 3Di » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:47 pm

EY wrote: I live in Canada and i got an American Flag :P


You're not the only one. :lol:

The answer to your "question" lies into this very topic though. 8)
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
✒️ Black Friday 2019 @ The Studio ▪️◾️

jromz03
Registered User
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:08 am

Post by jromz03 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:36 am

I made some changes so admin can see the IP country flags on the main admin screen

Code: Select all

#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------------
#
admin/index.php
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#
	$sql = "SELECT u.user_id, u.username, u.user_session_time, u.user_session_page, s.session_logged_in, s.session_ip, s.session_start
#
#-----[ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ]----------------------------------
#
, s.session_cf_iso3661_1
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#
	$sql = "SELECT session_page, session_logged_in, session_time, session_ip, session_start
#
#-----[ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ]----------------------------------
#
, s.session_cf_iso3661_1
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#
				$template->assign_block_vars("reg_user_row", array(
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#
					"USERNAME" => $username, 
#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------
#
					"USERNAME" => '<img src="../images/flags/small/' . $onlinerow_reg[$i]['session_cf_iso3661_1'] . '.png" width="14" height="9" border="0" alt="' . $lang['IP2Country'][$onlinerow_reg[$i]['session_cf_iso3661_1']] . '" title="' . $lang['IP2Country'][$onlinerow_reg[$i]['session_cf_iso3661_1']] . '" />&nbsp;' . $username, 
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#
			$template->assign_block_vars("guest_user_row", array(
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#
				"USERNAME" => $lang['Guest'],
#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------
#
				"USERNAME" => '<img src="../images/flags/small/' . $onlinerow_guest[$i]['session_cf_iso3661_1'] . '.png" width="14" height="9" border="0" alt="' . $lang['IP2Country'][$onlinerow_guest[$i]['session_cf_iso3661_1']] . '" title="' . $lang['IP2Country'][$onlinerow_guest[$i]['session_cf_iso3661_1']] . '" />&nbsp;' . $lang['Guest'],
#
#
#-----[ SAVE/CLOSE ALL FILES ]--------------------------------
#
# EoM
Screenshot:
Image

Nefrit
Registered User
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:07 pm
Contact:

Post by Nefrit » Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:19 pm

Lan olum ne bicim kod yazmissin aha bole oldu :

Image

jromz03
Registered User
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:08 am

Post by jromz03 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:52 am

My bad...

the part

Code: Select all

# 
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------ 
# 
   $sql = "SELECT session_page, session_logged_in, session_time, session_ip, session_start 
# 
#-----[ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ]---------------------------------- 
# 
, s.session_cf_iso3661_1
should've been

Code: Select all

# 
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------ 
# 
   $sql = "SELECT session_page, session_logged_in, session_time, session_ip, session_start 
# 
#-----[ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ]---------------------------------- 
# 
, session_cf_iso3661_1
(remove the "s." portion)

Nefrit
Registered User
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:07 pm
Contact:

Post by Nefrit » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:00 pm

OK jromz03 thankyou :D

Image

User avatar
3Di
Former Team Member
Posts: 14389
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: Milan (IT) Frankfurt (DE)
Name: Marco
Contact:

Post by 3Di » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:31 pm

jromz03 wrote: I made some changes so admin can see the IP country flags on the main admin screen

Code: Select all

#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------------
#
admin/index.php
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#
	$sql = "SELECT u.user_id, u.username, u.user_session_time, u.user_session_page, s.session_logged_in, s.session_ip, s.session_start
#
#-----[ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ]----------------------------------
#
, s.session_cf_iso3661_1
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#
	$sql = "SELECT session_page, session_logged_in, session_time, session_ip, session_start
#
#-----[ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ]----------------------------------
#
, s.session_cf_iso3661_1
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#
				$template->assign_block_vars("reg_user_row", array(
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#
					"USERNAME" => $username, 
#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------
#
					"USERNAME" => '<img src="../images/flags/small/' . $onlinerow_reg[$i]['session_cf_iso3661_1'] . '.png" width="14" height="9" border="0" alt="' . $lang['IP2Country'][$onlinerow_reg[$i]['session_cf_iso3661_1']] . '" title="' . $lang['IP2Country'][$onlinerow_reg[$i]['session_cf_iso3661_1']] . '" />&nbsp;' . $username, 
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#
			$template->assign_block_vars("guest_user_row", array(
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------
#
				"USERNAME" => $lang['Guest'],
#
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------
#
				"USERNAME" => '<img src="../images/flags/small/' . $onlinerow_guest[$i]['session_cf_iso3661_1'] . '.png" width="14" height="9" border="0" alt="' . $lang['IP2Country'][$onlinerow_guest[$i]['session_cf_iso3661_1']] . '" title="' . $lang['IP2Country'][$onlinerow_guest[$i]['session_cf_iso3661_1']] . '" />&nbsp;' . $lang['Guest'],
#
#
#-----[ SAVE/CLOSE ALL FILES ]--------------------------------
#
# EoM
jromz03 wrote: My bad...

the part

Code: Select all

# 
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------ 
# 
   $sql = "SELECT session_page, session_logged_in, session_time, session_ip, session_start 
# 
#-----[ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ]---------------------------------- 
# 
, s.session_cf_iso3661_1
should've been

Code: Select all

# 
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------------ 
# 
   $sql = "SELECT session_page, session_logged_in, session_time, session_ip, session_start 
# 
#-----[ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ]---------------------------------- 
# 
, session_cf_iso3661_1
(remove the "s." portion)


Seems a well done job. Thank you.

(I never tought about to add flags over there).

/me thinking on adding that into the package or the next version.

Greets
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
✒️ Black Friday 2019 @ The Studio ▪️◾️

User avatar
3Di
Former Team Member
Posts: 14389
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: Milan (IT) Frankfurt (DE)
Name: Marco
Contact:

Post by 3Di » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:51 pm

MOD updated, see also the first post of this very topic.
:arrow: Download IP Country Flag 2.1.0 RC7 to 2.3.0 RC8 updater

:arrow: Download IP Country Flag 2.3.0 RC8 to 2.3.0a RC8 updater

## MOD Description: Added flags in admin index, added Local User's Time, small typos corrected.
## MOD Description: Added Default Avatar Flag in user registration - edit profile


Thanks to everybody helped here, forgive me if i'm forgetting you now..

:arrow: Demo Board and assistance for 2.0.0 series
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
✒️ Black Friday 2019 @ The Studio ▪️◾️

JoeDoe
Registered User
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:46 pm

Post by JoeDoe » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:49 pm

Hi,

First of all your mod is great.. just what ive been looking for..

But I have a problem with it, after it seemed to install allright. Blue "unknown ip" flags are showing up all over instead of the real countries.

I have tried to empty the phpbb_session in the db, but no luck - still blue flags.. I have logged out and in again, but still withthe same problem.

[edit] just noticed that one single user has a danish flag showing.. Im from Denmark too, but my dk flag isnt showing..

Any suggestions?

Joe

User avatar
3Di
Former Team Member
Posts: 14389
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: Milan (IT) Frankfurt (DE)
Name: Marco
Contact:

Post by 3Di » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:30 pm

JoeDoe wrote: Hi,

First of all your mod is great.. just what ive been looking for..

But I have a problem with it, after it seemed to install allright. Blue "unknown ip" flags are showing up all over instead of the real countries.

I have tried to empty the phpbb_session in the db, but no luck - still blue flags.. I have logged out and in again, but still withthe same problem.

[edit] just noticed that one single user has a danish flag showing.. Im from Denmark too, but my dk flag isnt showing..

Any suggestions?

Joe


First off a link to your board could help me to help you, anyway I think it is a IPs problem (I mean ... the IP database it is 1 year old and I'm planning to update it ASAP.)


Also can be a proxy problem, are you connected under a proxy?

Greets
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
✒️ Black Friday 2019 @ The Studio ▪️◾️

User avatar
damnian
Registered User
Posts: 801
Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:43 pm

Post by damnian » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:18 am

Welcome back, 3Di!

Installing with EM fails in memberlist.php because of:

Code: Select all

		$search = '<a href="' . $temp_url . '">' . sprintf($lang['Search_user_posts'], $username) . '</a>';
instead of

Code: Select all

		$search = '<a href="' . $temp_url . '">' . $lang['Search_user_posts'] . '</a>';
Probably changed in .21 or so...
I no longer develop for phpBB. Check out my .NET blog!

Locked

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”