[DEV] Mobile Online phpBB

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
rickey29

MOphpBB v1.8.2

Post by rickey29 »

Find one bug: can NOT accept special character, such as single quotation marks and ampersand, when new/reply post/private message, so one fix: http://www.mobileonlinestyle.com version 1.8.2.
SKLiF

Re: MOphpBB v1.8.2

Post by SKLiF »

rickey29 wrote: Find one bug: can NOT accept special character, such as single quotation marks and ampersand, when new/reply post/private message, so one fix: http://www.mobileonlinestyle.com version 1.8.2.

Hia rickey29 !:)
i at last decided to purchase your mod
can you contact me please in icq 657 78 31
thank you! :)
rickey29

Re: MOphpBB v1.8.2

Post by rickey29 »

SKLiF wrote:
rickey29 wrote:Find one bug: can NOT accept special character, such as single quotation marks and ampersand, when new/reply post/private message, so one fix: http://www.mobileonlinestyle.com version 1.8.2.

Hia rickey29 !:)
i at last decided to purchase your mod
can you contact me please in icq 657 78 31
thank you! :)

Could you write email to me if you have any concern? Actually I do not set up any Instant Message because I do not want any interruption when coding, and I can not provide IM support to MOphpBB user -- I am located in Beijing China, there is some time difference from U.S. . The IM support will make me exhaust. Hope you can understand me.

Make sure you try and satisfy with the demo version before you make the decision.
rickey29

Post by rickey29 »

I would like to know how many of you extend new functions based on my module, such as language conversion? I can share my development environment (not provided by me, I just integrate several projects, the result is the environment can help MOphpBB development a lot), some development tools and some useful links. Please email to me for your detail request. Thanks.
RoSta

Post by RoSta »

rickey29 wrote:
RoSta wrote:Have anybody version 1.6.3 of this mod???

PLEASSE, add link...

(sorry for may English)

How about you try version 1.7.1. It has more features: http://www.mobileonlinestyle.com

1.6.3 is full free... and is sufficient for me...

thanks for understanding
amateur...
Blisk

Post by Blisk »

This mod is great, but have one problem, it doesn't support special charters, like čšćđž.
Is it possible to make this charters visible?
rickey29

Post by rickey29 »

Blisk wrote: This mod is great, but have one problem, it doesn't support special charters, like čšćđž.
Is it possible to make this charters visible?

MOphpBB uses UTF-8 as default character set. My understanding is UTF-8 supports to display the special characters as you mentioned above.

There are many experts in this community. Please correct me if I am wrong.

BTW, if you want to display other language other than English, I provide some tips in my web site Frequent Ask Question and Tip sections.
Blisk

Post by Blisk »

Ok I readed FAQ, there is written that i should change string into UTF-8 or some other charterset, for me works windows-1250.
But i didn't see how to do that.
On some other software there is a string in file like
Charset: windows-1250

so how can i do that?
rickey29

Post by rickey29 »

Blisk wrote: Ok I readed FAQ, there is written that i should change string into UTF-8 or some other charterset, for me works windows-1250.
But i didn't see how to do that.
On some other software there is a string in file like
Charset: windows-1250

so how can i do that?

For Russian language, thanks for me top one tester Gosudar, here is the conversion procedure: http://project-minerva.org.ru/files/mop ... _2-RUS.rar , and a dome site: http://www.agere-mobile.info/mo/ . I will add these link to my web site "How To" section soon.

I am not sure if this conversion uses Windoes-1250 as character set. While, if not, you can get some tips from it.

Good luck. Any question, please let me know.
Blisk

Post by Blisk »

OK thanks for the tips.

I did test that
and see that online the charters are ok, but not on my mobile.
there are missing, don't know why, because on other sites are shown ok, just on mine not, I use sony erricson phone.

http://www.povej.net/forum/mo/
rickey29

Post by rickey29 »

Blisk wrote: OK thanks for the tips.

I did test that
and see that online the charters are ok, but not on my mobile.
there are missing, don't know why, because on other sites are shown ok, just on mine not, I use sony erricson phone.

http://www.povej.net/forum/mo/

Check your mobile phone language/character setting. Good luck.
pashmak

Post by pashmak »

Are we able to post in version 1.6.x?
rickey29

Post by rickey29 »

pashmak wrote: Are we able to post in version 1.6.x?

Version 1.6.x supports new post/reply. Any problem, please let me know.
pashmak

Post by pashmak »

rickey29 wrote:
pashmak wrote:Are we able to post in version 1.6.x?

I understand if you would be more interested in users to use the latest version. I have and I really like the latest one, but it's just that I really would like to post/reply threads but I' just have some questions that I have mailed to you.

Is it possible to download 1.6.3 (or the latest in 1.6.x series) ? Just to compare with the latest version ? ..In that way I will be sure about whether i should buy the full or go for the old version.

Hope you can help me on this one. Thanks
rickey29

Post by rickey29 »

pashmak wrote:
rickey29 wrote:
pashmak wrote:Are we able to post in version 1.6.x?

I understand if you would be more interested in users to use the latest version. I have and I really like the latest one, but it's just that I really would like to post/reply threads but I' just have some questions that I have mailed to you.

Is it possible to download 1.6.3 (or the latest in 1.6.x series) ? Just to compare with the latest version ? ..In that way I will be sure about whether i should buy the full or go for the old version.

Hope you can help me on this one. Thanks

Actually, the new post/reply is almost the same in version 1.6.x and 1.8.x (current latest version), except some improvement and re-factor.

The reason I collect money from this module is I want to know if this style works: if I can get enough from it, I will be dedicated for this job, so you and end users can quickly get more features and products; if not, I will maintain this module, but not more.

From technical perspective, I will put more new/reply related features, such as upload pic, only in full feature package.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”