[DEV] Mobile Online phpBB

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
rickey29

Re: [DEV] Mobile Online phpBB

Post by rickey29 »

rickey29 wrote:
Frold wrote:Will WURFL work with phpbb3 and Mobile Online?

Im not sure if I understand it right...
I believe WURFL can do browser detection. But WURFL is much complicated than the solution you mention before. (WURFL has a lot of functionalities, it is not used to do browser detection.) So, if you want a quick solution, you should find some available modules which already support browser detection. MOphpBB is not the one. Good luck.
Regarding "browser detection", you should go: http://dev.mobi/ and input "browser detection" in the up-right search bar. There are a lot of threads discuss this topic, most are for mobile and PHP. I am not sure you can find a satisfied solution there, but I am sure there is no other web site which can provide more suggestion. Good luck.
Frold

Post by Frold »

Thanks for sharing the link - I have now downloaded a demo version of your script - I will test it without browser detection first :D
vinodv

blank page - Re: [ABD] Mobile Online phpBB

Post by vinodv »

Hi
It seems that when I try to view the mo/index.php?plat=html page on a mobile web browser, it only comes up as a blank page. If I view the same page on a standard desktop using IE, the page comes up as expected. Are you aware of a special setting within the php configuration file that allows any pages with a *.php file extension to display properly on a mobile web browser?

Best regards,
Vinod.v
rickey29

Re: blank page - Re: [ABD] Mobile Online phpBB

Post by rickey29 »

vinodv wrote:Hi
It seems that when I try to view the mo/index.php?plat=html page on a mobile web browser, it only comes up as a blank page. If I view the same page on a standard desktop using IE, the page comes up as expected. Are you aware of a special setting within the php configuration file that allows any pages with a *.php file extension to display properly on a mobile web browser?

Best regards,
Vinod.v
My code does not have browser detection, it can not distinguish mobile web browser from desktop one. When you input the same URL in address bar, the browser should get the same page content.

I suggest you try to visit other web site from your mobile, and use other mobile to visit your site/my code. If not works, could you tell me your web link so I can find more club?
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Former Team Member

Re: [ABD] Mobile Online phpBB

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

Locked on account of the [ABD] tag.

EDIT Jan 21, 2009: reopened at author's request.
A Donut's Blog
"Bach's Prelude (Cello Suite No. 1) is driving Indiana country roads in Autumn" - Ann Kish
rickey29

Post by rickey29 »

All,

I will support this project, such as critical bug fix; while, I will not provide new features for it because I am busy at a new idea: http://www.flexplat.com .

Rickey

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”