[DEV] Mobile Online phpBB

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
p4plus2

Re: [DEV] Mobile Online phpBB

Post by p4plus2 »

rickey29 wrote:
Ron2K wrote:Hi,

I've put in a MOD request for something like this to be done for phpBB 3.

Link
I am developing MOphpBB for phpBB3. Currently, I have completed most "read/view" features, like MOphpBB demo version for phpBB2. I will add more "new/reply" features. I will release it after phpBB3 Ready For Application.
Very nice to here you will make this MOD for 3.0.x, I will be looking foward to it :D
My lo-fi version of phpbb MOD

Help the Dial up users, give them a chance! :D
rickey29

Post by rickey29 »

mocap69 wrote:I try to use the WAP option on my cell and get an error but I can use the XHTML version.
I add "<BR>" in my web site description field, then my WAP interface also does not work. Then I change it to "<br/>" (not "<BR/>"), it works. Could you have a try. "<BR>" is not acceptable in WAP. "<br/>" should be acceptable in HTML and xHTML.
mocap69 wrote:The other question: Is there anyway to control the size displayed on the screen? I hate having to scroll to read the posts.
You are right, other users have the same complain. It is an open issue for my software. My web site/package readme.html Open Issue section has the detail. You know, if I separate one post, for example 30 words by 30 words, and add continue/back button between these groups, I can not handle the URL and/or BBcode, because they may be separated into different group. I still do not have a good solution so far. If you have any suggestion, please let me know.

BTW, in my next version, version 1.11, I also add next/previous links at the top of each screen (besides at the bottom of the screen). It will help you a little in your case. Version 1.11 will come in one week.

Good luck. Any problem/progress, please let me know.
rickey29

Post by rickey29 »

p4plus2 wrote:
rickey29 wrote:
Ron2K wrote:Hi,

I've put in a MOD request for something like this to be done for phpBB 3.

Link
I am developing MOphpBB for phpBB3. Currently, I have completed most "read/view" features, like MOphpBB demo version for phpBB2. I will add more "new/reply" features. I will release it after phpBB3 Ready For Application.
Very nice to here you will make this MOD for 3.0.x, I will be looking foward to it :D
My web site provides a demo version of Mobile Online phpBB for phpBB3. The Full Featured version is under development now.

There is one big mistake in package readme.html file. For WAP/xHTML/HTML interfaces, I should say "index.php?plat=wap"/"index.php?plat=xhtml"/"index.php?plat=html", but I said "index.php?type=wap"/"index.php?plat=xhtml"/"index.php?plat=html". For phpBB3, I change "type" to "plat" in URL interfaces, but forget to update it in readme.html.
Baby Boy

Post by Baby Boy »

I like this mod, and maybe my question has been answered... but can anyone necessarily tell me why you have to pay for this? I thought all phpBB Mods had to be released under the GPL license or something like that?

Right or wrong?
Need a Fresh phpBB Installed, Upgraded or Hooked Up with Some NICE Mods. Send me an email... [email protected] for more info.

CashTalkz Dot Net - Participate in the Forum and Earn Money!
mocap69

Post by mocap69 »

Thank you for the information ricky29.

BTW I think I found a bug possibly in the version I am using.
The first 22 categories sort by name, but all the other cats
sort by id. Is there any way to correct this issue? I would love
to have them in alphabetical order, but this issue prevents
this order from occuring. You can check it out here:
http://thefanseye.com/forum/mo/index.ph ... &type=html
Thank you for your time and this great mod!!
Talk to REAL NFL players on the LARGEST forum on the WEB!!
http://www.thefanseye.com
rickey29

Post by rickey29 »

mocap69 wrote:BTW I think I found a bug possibly in the version I am using.
The first 22 categories sort by name, but all the other cats
sort by id. Is there any way to correct this issue? I would love
to have them in alphabetical order, but this issue prevents
this order from occuring. You can check it out here:
http://thefanseye.com/forum/mo/index.ph ... &type=html
Thank you for your time and this great mod!!
I also think it is a bug. While, could you help me here? Could you dump/export your database categories table to a file, and email or PM the file to me? I need the mapping between cat_order and cat_id/cat_title, so I can repeat your scenario in my environment, and debug why normal phpBB and my code work differently.
Thanks.
mocap69

Post by mocap69 »

I would be happy to help you to get this mod to work better. Let me know exactly what you need and
I will get the files for you. I also had another issue and not sure if this is possible in the program.
The index2.php that does the search and shows the latest posts does not show posts according it
the rules of the forum. Is the login for the mobile not a guest account? It seems to be using the
admin account and this shows posts that I do not want users to see. Any ideas? You can also email
me at [email protected] to get hold of me easier. Thanks again.
Talk to REAL NFL players on the LARGEST forum on the WEB!!
http://www.thefanseye.com
brynhils

Post by brynhils »

Baby Boy wrote:.. why you have to pay for this? I thought all phpBB Mods had to be released under the GPL license or something like that?
The same thing was puzzling me.

It seems strange that the developer seems willing to openly accept free advice and assistance from others within this thread for the continued development of the MOphpBB 'MOD' for phpBB versions 2 and 3; yet this 'MOD' presently retails at $59.99 for a yearly licence on the developers website.

Have we missed something?
zhanzhang

Post by zhanzhang »

请问rickey29前辈: 小弟看见你的这个可以做成手机能访问的论坛

看前面的回复。说是需要购买才能使用吗?

另外:我有些英文看不太明白。 能否告诉我如何安装。。 谢谢。。

我下的是这个:http://download.mobileonlinestyle.com/m ... mo_2_2.zip

官方的PHPBB 我是用的 3.0的。。 感谢了。。

当然如果您有QQ号,是否可以 通过这里的论坛信箱告诉我。我加您 (当然我知道您可能事情很多。) 在这里感谢了!! 谢谢!!
sorry to all nice guys here about my poor english...
newsbee

Post by newsbee »

My two yuan too: can the administration explain the situation with mods whose developers expect payment?
7x7

Post by 7x7 »

newsbee wrote:My two yuan too: can the administration explain the situation with mods whose developers expect payment?
Only mods submitted to the Mods Database require a GPL2 or compatible license. If someone hosts the mod on their own they are not required to release the source code.

The phpBB docs recommend against installing mods that are not approved by the mods team (and thus not in the Mods Database), but does not forbid it. In fact it cannot forbid it as phpBB is released under the GPL.

The Mod author may not distribute phpBB with the Mod installed without releasing the code, but releasing the mod is fine.
http://www.phpbb.com/mods/policies/3.0.php wrote: MOD license

The submitted MOD should be submitted under the GPL v2. Submitting MODs GPL v3 isn't allowed because phpBB3 is released under GPL v2 only and the GPL v3 isn't compatible with v2.

You are also allowed to submit it under a license compatible with GPL v2. Be sure to change the license within the MODX install files and include a copy of the license in license.txt.
Frold

Post by Frold »

Does this mod support automaticly detection of browser?

Code: Select all

// Redirect to WAP if from a PPC/Mobile unit
if(strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], "PPC;"))
{
   header("Location: wap.forum/viewtopic.php?t=" . $_GET['topic_id']);
}
or

('acs-','alav','alca','amoi','audi','aste','avan','benq','bird','blac','blaz','brew','cell','cldc','cmd-','dang','doco','eric','hipt','inno','ipaq','java','jigs','kddi','keji','leno','lg-c','lg-d','lg-g','lge-','maui','maxo','midp','mits','mmef','mobi','mot-','moto','mwbp','nec-','newt','noki','opwv','palm','pana','pant','pdxg','phil','play','pluc','port','prox','qtek','qwap','sage','sams','sany','sch-','sec-','send','seri','sgh-','shar','sie-','siem','smal','smar','sony','sph-','symb','t-mo','teli','tim-','tosh','tsm-','upg1','upsi','vk-v','voda','w3c ','wap-','wapa','wapi','wapp','wapr','webc','winw','winw','xda','xda-');
rickey29

Post by rickey29 »

Frold wrote:Does this mod support automaticly detection of browser?

// Redirect to WAP if from a PPC/Mobile unit
if(strpos($_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'], "PPC;"))
{
   header("Location: wap.forum/viewtopic.php?t=" . $_GET['topic_id']);
}
or

('acs-','alav','alca','amoi','audi','aste','avan','benq','bird','blac','blaz','brew','cell','cldc','cmd-','dang','doco','eric','hipt','inno','ipaq','java','jigs','kddi','keji','leno','lg-c','lg-d','lg-g','lge-','maui','maxo','midp','mits','mmef','mobi','mot-','moto','mwbp','nec-','newt','noki','opwv','palm','pana','pant','pdxg','phil','play','pluc','port','prox','qtek','qwap','sage','sams','sany','sch-','sec-','send','seri','sgh-','shar','sie-','siem','smal','smar','sony','sph-','symb','t-mo','teli','tim-','tosh','tsm-','upg1','upsi','vk-v','voda','w3c ','wap-','wapa','wapi','wapp','wapr','webc','winw','winw','xda','xda-');
MOphpBB for phpBB3 does not support browser detection so far. MOphpBB for phpBB2 supports browser detection, but I do not use the solution you mention here. I use WURFL: http://wurfl.sourceforge.net/ as the solution. You can read MOphpBB for phpBB2 demo package readme.html to get detail information/installation procedure.

Any question, feel free to ask me.
Frold

Post by Frold »

Will WURFL work with phpbb3 and Mobile Online?

Im not sure if I understand it right...
rickey29

Post by rickey29 »

Frold wrote:Will WURFL work with phpbb3 and Mobile Online?

Im not sure if I understand it right...
I believe WURFL can do browser detection. But WURFL is much complicated than the solution you mention before. (WURFL has a lot of functionalities, it is not used to do browser detection.) So, if you want a quick solution, you should find some available modules which already support browser detection. MOphpBB is not the one. Good luck.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”