[BETA] Feedback Ratings (ebay)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
geocator

[BETA] Feedback Ratings (ebay)

Post by geocator » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:50 am

Feedback Ratings is now in Beta. Use the folowwing link to get to the beta information. All posts prior to the below linked post pertain to the alpha stages of this MOD and you should skip right over them, as they really contain no usefull info.

http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 24#1906924
Last edited by geocator on Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

knickers

Post by knickers » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:27 pm

I'd really like to see something similar to this

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=65730

vrflyer

Post by vrflyer » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:46 am

Permissions based on post count.

Permissions based on Forum.

Permissions based on UserGroups as well.

Show RATING under profile/thread and/or memberlist if ACP allows.

Rating shows as a percentage number (profile pages or viewtopic) & can be clicked to view feedback onto a separate page.

Feedback page with listings.

Feedback RATING allowed only if Topic is marked/allowed to be rated.

1-rating per user only if it user is buyer or ACP controlled to allow others.

ACP controll to moderate feedback ratings.

It's a good start... :wink:
Always Under Construction !

knickers

Post by knickers » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:43 am

anything on this?

geocator

Post by geocator » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:49 am

Not yet, this one is in the planning stage, I got another one being made, and one more in beta that needs some work, then I shall come to this one.

I have been told about some kind of Karma MOD at another site that seems simular to this one, has anybody looked at it, and can comment.

Mattwitters

Post by Mattwitters » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:44 pm

Ohh man this is great. I am willing to pay for a custom re-work of your mod for my site www.keytradingzone.com. If you could email me at damn_you_all@keytradingzone.com or msn me at that same address. My AIM is keytradingzone.

Please get in touch with me I'm desperate for this mod to finally be made I've been trying to get one made for 6 months. I have a LOT of great ideas for a php ebay like rep mod system. I think you will like them I've put a LOT of time and thought into what a good feedback mod should be like. an possibly i can pay you to make a custom version of the public mod to be suited more to my site (it wouldn't be much different though)

Ohh this is great I can't wait to talk to you about this. i was going to pay the phpdoctor to have him make me one but if your already making one then I'll just try and help you as much as i can.

thank you very much
Matt Witters
damn_you_all@keytradingzone.com
www.keytradingzone.com

Mattwitters

Post by Mattwitters » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:49 pm

ohh ya the karma mod is what I'm using. I've just altered it so it only allows one rep point to be given to any other user ever (which is one of either the options i hope you put in the mod or in a custom ver i would pay you for)

Anyways the karma mod is really NOT meant to be used for this type of thing it is just the only thing out there so a lot of us have been forced to use it. It doesn't allow for ANYTHING. It doesn't record who left feedback, doesn't allow a comment, doesn't allow mods or admins to change it w/o going into mysql! It's good for what it was designed for (it was made just for people to giuve people karma points if they liked someones post or not, not a a way to leave feedback for buisness transactions.)

Anyways, please read my post above for my contact info and contact me right away I have a complete layout of how this mod should be like. I have a lot of good ideas. i have been dealing with this problem of a lack of a proper phpbb feedback mod for a long time and have put much thought into it.

Thank you
Matt Witters
damn-you-all@keytradingzone.com
www.keytradingzone.com

Mattwitters

Post by Mattwitters » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:03 pm

ok here is some of my ideas on how this should work.

under the avatar there should be a line with feedback: #. Then under or to the right should be a button to leave feedback.

When you click that button it should take you to another page with options with a pull down or radio button for either leaving positive or negative whether is was a buy/sale/trade, a comment box with a limited amount of characters (maybe admin can set this char limit).

After that it should add a feedback point or subtract one depending on if it was negative or positive feedback.

You should be able to view a users feedback by clicking on thier feedback number. I think you shouldn't mess with the regular profile other than adding a line perhaps with thier feedback score. I think you should just add a new database and have it so when they click on thier feedback it goes to that persons feedback page. It will list thier feedback score, and (like ebay) list the people who left feedback and whether it was positive or negative. i think positive feedback should have green background and negative red.

A GREAT example of how i think the mod should be made can be seen one www.keyhunt.com it's a VB board but they have a WONDERFUL custom made feedback mod which is perfect for almost any feedback mod needs.

Please contact me as soon as you read this so I can ask you a few questions about what your thinking on this project.

The main thing though is that the admin should have FULL editing capabilities. Admins themselves should have the option to change any data on a users feedback page. perhaps in the config you can have it where you type in the user name to edit feedback and it takes you to another page where you can edit anything on that oarticular users feedback including comments and such. they should also be ablke to delete feedback andwhen it is deleted the score should reflect the new feedback (sometimes people forget to add stuff like that).

Also, the admin should have the ability to set a time after registering to be able to give feedback like 24hrs after registration or something to reduce jerks making new accounts just to spam feedback. there should also be flood control on how often people can leave feedback.

I think the front end of this mod will be easy but it's adding all these editing and settings and back end stuff that will be difficult but it's really essential in a mod of this type because when your dealing with buisness transactions and money feedback plays a very important role and people shouldn't have to worry about whether a persons feedback is real or not so those options will be very important.

thank you

Matt Witters
damn_you_all@keytradingzone.com
www.keytradingzone.com

vrflyer

Post by vrflyer » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:06 pm

I'm going to say NO to the "Karma" deal, I was never fond of it - why mix it with a SALE type feedback MOD(makes no sense)... :wink:

knickers

Post by knickers » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:55 pm

That seems to be an endless problem ...
People working on good mods, and others purchasing them! :(

geocator

Post by geocator » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:23 pm

knickers wrote: That seems to be an endless problem ...

Heh, dont wory this one is not for sale, I will be doing this for fun :)

As I said I will be making this, but everyone has to have patience. It is a big MOD, with lots fo consederations, etc.

vrflyer

Post by vrflyer » Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:00 am

^^^ I think we all support your decision, no matter how long it may take...

I'm sure we can volunteer for a testing ground onto a live site. :wink:

Mattwitters

Post by Mattwitters » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:08 pm

knickers wrote: That seems to be an endless problem ...

What do you mean by that? You don't think skilled programmers should be able to be paid for thier hard work? I thinkmaking a mod like this public at all is a awesome thing in itself but some boards will probably need minor moderations to make the mod fit with thier board esspecially if the mod doesn't allow for complete control of the mods properties.

Mattwitters

Post by Mattwitters » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:12 pm

geocator wrote:
knickers wrote:That seems to be an endless problem ...

Heh, dont wory this one is not for sale, I will be doing this for fun :)

As I said I will be making this, but everyone has to have patience. It is a big MOD, with lots fo consederations, etc.

Ok well please be sure to let us know when you need helpo i'll do whatever i can possibly do to help. I just found out my income might be cut off here in a month so i don't know how much help i'll be if i can't rectify that situation but i have lots of ideas.

Also, why doesn't everyone else post what they think would be a good feedback mod. kcheck out www.keyhunt.com everyone, look at thier feedback mod. I think that's perfect for this type of thing it could work in almost any application as long as there is enough admin control over the mod properties and data.

Mattwitters

Post by Mattwitters » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:14 pm

So what exactly can I do to help you make this?
Last edited by Mattwitters on Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”