[BETA] Feedback Ratings (ebay)

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
defender39

Post by defender39 » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:15 pm

geocator wrote:
defender39 wrote:Ok that's great...

Now the question is how to allow for multiple trade feedbacks in a single thread? Often deals and trades are for many items and sold/traded to various people all by a single thread....

This likley wont happen any time soon. I may look at in the future but not right now. The whole point was an ebay style system, which I have provided.

Yeah I figured this that's why I will most likely code that myself. I am thinking to have a finalize option for "multiple" that will allow feedback to happen and yet NOT close the thread so that another "finalize" can happen. I assume this would trigger everything just fine and that maybe minimal errors would occur. Do you have any checking to make sure the thread has not been finalized previously? Do you forsee any problems with my plan?

usetheforce9

Post by usetheforce9 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:04 am

geocator wrote:
usetheforce9 wrote:
also i dont seem to be able to edit the "feedback bot" user to another username?? even if i change the password aswell :?

There is no reason this should not work. You can edit like any other user in user managment.

yeah i know, hence the confused smilie, when i change the username and then click submit it does not change??
ive tried doing this to other users and it doesnt work, so its an error on my forum :evil: not sure how long its not been working for.

im also getting an error when trying to leave a response to feedback:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /homepages/25/xxx/htdocs/cgibin/xxx/includes/feedback_functions.php on line 45

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/25/xxx/htdocs/cgibin/xxx/includes/feedback_functions.php:45) in /homepages/25/xxx/htdocs/cgibin/xxx/includes/page_header.php on line 552

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/25/xxx/htdocs/cgibin/xxx/includes/feedback_functions.php:45) in /homepages/25/xxx/htdocs/cgibin/xxx/includes/page_header.php on line 554

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/25/xxx/htdocs/cgibin/xxx/includes/feedback_functions.php:45) in /homepages/25/xxx/htdocs/cgibin/xxx/includes/page_header.php on line 555

line 45 on feedback_functions:
foreach($redirect_data as $key => $value)

and lines 552, 554 and 555 on page_header.php
552 header ('Cache-Control: private, pre-check=0, post-check=0, max-age=0');
553 }
554 header ('Expires: 0');
555 header ('Pragma: no-cache');

even with this error you can continue and it will leave your response comments.

i guess one is conficting with the other as it says that the headers have already been sent, but which command's should i remove?

Thanks in advance for your help. :)
Last edited by usetheforce9 on Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

defender39

Post by defender39 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:52 am

Check to make sure all the tables that feedback mod requires. Maybe run the install again to make sure it took.

usetheforce9

Post by usetheforce9 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:48 am

it didnt come up with any errors on install, but will try it again.
if i remove the lines from the page_header it still shows the feedback_functions error, if i delete that line it clears.
however if i remove the line just from feedback_functions and leave them on page_header the error clears.

geocator

Post by geocator » Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:57 am

defender39 wrote: Do you have any checking to make sure the thread has not been finalized previously? Do you forsee any problems with my plan?

Umm, the only issue I see as a posibility is the feedback transaction tracking. The problem is that when you go to leave feedback the syste only expects to find on transaction and therfore use the topic id as the key. You would need to add a new id to the transaction table that would be unique for every one and use that.

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:34 am

Been mad busy of late...but I plan to get back to this one and give the new code another round of testing..

found it

Post by found it » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:47 pm

Hi

Sorry if I missed it but is there the code changes for PCP...

thanks for your help.... :D :D

Keva

Post by Keva » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:39 pm

Hi,

Are there any screen shots showing what this is like when installed?

Thanks

defender39

Post by defender39 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:47 pm

You can see demo at my site

[SPAM]

However you can see it in action the buy sell trade areas. It's been working well after a few fixes and so far.

Here is a thread that was FINALIZED.

http://www.pspforums.com/forums/finaliz ... 16668.html

In that thread you can see an extra locked button on the top. I gotta fix that.

You can view a persons feedback page here:

http://www.pspforums.com/forums/feedback.php?u=8952

Feel free to ask me questions. I am gonna stay on top of this mod and work to improve it as much as possible. I really want to thank OP for getting this started and doing a pretty good job too.

sph33r

Post by sph33r » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:56 am

usetheforce9 wrote:
geocator wrote:
usetheforce9 wrote:
also i dont seem to be able to edit the "feedback bot" user to another username?? even if i change the password aswell :?

There is no reason this should not work. You can edit like any other user in user managment.

yeah i know, hence the confused smilie, when i change the username and then click submit it does not change??
ive tried doing this to other users and it doesnt work, so its an error on my forum :evil: not sure how long its not been working for.

im also getting an error when trying to leave a response to feedback:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /homepages/25/xxx/htdocs/cgibin/xxx/includes/feedback_functions.php on line 45

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/25/xxx/htdocs/cgibin/xxx/includes/feedback_functions.php:45) in /homepages/25/xxx/htdocs/cgibin/xxx/includes/page_header.php on line 552

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/25/xxx/htdocs/cgibin/xxx/includes/feedback_functions.php:45) in /homepages/25/xxx/htdocs/cgibin/xxx/includes/page_header.php on line 554

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/25/xxx/htdocs/cgibin/xxx/includes/feedback_functions.php:45) in /homepages/25/xxx/htdocs/cgibin/xxx/includes/page_header.php on line 555

line 45 on feedback_functions:
foreach($redirect_data as $key => $value)

and lines 552, 554 and 555 on page_header.php
552 header ('Cache-Control: private, pre-check=0, post-check=0, max-age=0');
553 }
554 header ('Expires: 0');
555 header ('Pragma: no-cache');

even with this error you can continue and it will leave your response comments.

i guess one is conficting with the other as it says that the headers have already been sent, but which command's should i remove?

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

Same error here.. any idea why?

defender39

Post by defender39 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:09 am

Check for extra white space in those files mentions after the ?>

It could be inside page_header.php

sph33r

Post by sph33r » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:12 am

No extra whitespace in any of those pages.

I'll go back through the install tomorrow. Maybe something isn't input right.

Emily537

Post by Emily537 » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:56 pm

New Download link? :D

Thx!

Emily537

Post by Emily537 » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:02 am

Updates?

vrflyer

Post by vrflyer » Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:29 pm

Emily537 wrote: Updates?

For what > > > ? :lol:
Always Under Construction !