[DEV] ClanMod

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Xiph3r

[DEV] ClanMod

Post by Xiph3r »

ClanMod

This Modification is for PHPBB2 and is to help with the administration of your clan or gaming group.

My goal is to have an easy to use interface via UCP and ACP for user and administration access.
To Help speed most of the features up i will recomand getting some mods that have already been made like Smartor Portal and Ptirhiik Calendar Mod. I will however have some intergration notes if you plan to use these mods.

This will be my first mod, i never created a mod before or done such a large modifcation to phpbb2 so im expecting alot of bugs. I will try to do weekly updates on this for those who are intrested in this mod. I do have a slight understanding on phpbb , and hopefuly this will become a learning proccess so please forgive me if you see that my code is horrible, i do accept all input and advice.

My first step to this mod is my layout witch you can see listed here.

Overall Progress - [||||||||||]- [ 23% ]

Features List
Applications. --- [0%]
Roster ----------- [87%]
Matches --------- [0%]

Applications
add/delete catagories (example:: Member, Recruit)
add/delete members in catagories
add/delete groups to be displayed in catagories (all members of a certain group would be auto listed in a catagory)
ability to list members more then once
add/delete postion titles (example :: Username , Leader, Username Recruit)

Roster
add/delete members
add/delete groups/divisions
ability to modify the display and list multiple members in differnt groups/divisions
player bio's

Matches
List Matches
request match
display result of matches /losses, wins, ties
Last edited by Xiph3r on Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.
»»EDDY««

Post by »»EDDY«« »

I wait for this MOD.
Make a Tiny URL in excellent domain heh.pl

cooling system & water cooling
Driver 7

Post by Driver 7 »

Sounds awesome. Look forward to it.
niksa

Post by niksa »

I'm going to watch this project also. ;) You seem to have good plans for its design!
Xiph3r

Post by Xiph3r »

thanks, plans are one thing making it work is completly differnt, for me this is gonna take awhile as i need to learn about differnt functions. i know maybe about 5% of php but i do have a basic understanding on how phpbb2 works. im prob gonna have a beta ready within 1-3 months and hopefuly after i finish my project i will take sugestions to improve it with new features. i hopefuly have a dev board up by the end of the night.
Xiph3r

Post by Xiph3r »

justtolet you know i started a dev board at http://xti.dyndns.org/clanmod/

no code has been made as im still planning this out.

i figured my sql layout and im trying to make this modw/oeavly altering phpbb itself, rather a sort of module for phpbb2
Xiph3r

Post by Xiph3r »

making slow progress here im able to list members of the roster but still trying to figure how to add in more then 1 spot
Xiph3r

Post by Xiph3r »

*doublepost*
Xiph3r

Post by Xiph3r »

minor update...

the sql aspect has slowed me down alot, i figured most of it out and im slowly moving forward. im still looking ata couple of months before a beta is released its also hard keeping track of what files i edited, im trying to make this as independent as possible.
FuuK

Post by FuuK »

waitin for this
Xiph3r

Post by Xiph3r »

dont worry i havent forgotten about this mod nor have i gave it up. i work 7 days a week at my job so finding time todo coding (while learning the code) is kinda hard. within the next couple of weeks i should have a beta ready.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”