[DEV] Classified Ads

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
samureye

Post by samureye »

I really like this mod, does what I want to do, it allows people to post classifieds in the way I want but....people cannot reply to posted items, what if people want to beat down the price or ask questions? Also there is no feedback like THIS MOD. Is there a way to implement the two systems? PLEASE SAY YES! :lol:
Adders13

Post by Adders13 »

It looks great, although maybe having a standard currency and also so that you cant post a price such as $free.85.

But other than that, great mod!
samureye

Post by samureye »

Yeah, I was the one who posted $free.95
PeteMan

Post by PeteMan »

but....people cannot reply to posted items, what if people want to beat down the price or ask questions?

Buyers can add comments.
Also there is no feedback like THIS MOD. Is there a way to implement the two systems? PLEASE SAY YES!

Sorry, No!
It looks great, although maybe having a standard currency and also so that you cant post a price such as $free.85.

But if I did this then I'd have to cater for every currency and also people wouldn't be able to input "Offers" or "£5,000 o.n.o.".

Pete
Classified Ads mod for phpBB (demo).
Amazon Store mod for phpBB (demo).
samureye

Post by samureye »

So there will definately not be a way for a person to leave feedback on a seller? :cry:

How long until a final version? Just an estimate.
Milutin

Post by Milutin »

dear all

I have instaled Classifieds and it is functional i the forum part but in the administartion part if I wont to make categories it gives me this masage

Category/sub category not entered

DEBUG MODE

Line : 68
File : admin_ads_categories.php

ann enyone help me!!! :?
Remji

Post by Remji »

PeteMan wrote: New features:
  • Permissions can be set for guests, users, mods and admins

Hi Pete,

A very useful mod that I would like to use on a community website. Is there a way to restrict the placing of ads to a specific group, using the phpBB group feature?

Cheers
vinod_41

Post by vinod_41 »

Sub Categories....?

eg.

----------------------
Sell item
---- music player
------- brand A
------- brand B
------- brand C
---- Computer
------- pentium
-------Celeron
------- etc..
---- Console
------- music systems
------video systems
------- gameing systems
---- Cars
Property

Buy items
---- music player
------- brand A
------- brand B
------- brand C
---- Computer
------- pentium
-------Celeron
------- etc..
---- Console
------- music systems
------video systems
------- gameing systems
---- Cars
Property
------------------------------------

is it possible to create subcategories and sub-sub categories like this

can't find it in demo

thanks
wait for my signatures....!
minimumrage

I love this mod but...

Post by minimumrage »

I'm almost there - what am I doing wrong?

I get this when I go to my site:

Code: Select all

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_DEC, expecting T_VARIABLE or '$' in /home/content/f/b/u/fbuddy/html/includes/class_user.php(413) : eval()'d code on line 259

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/f/b/u/fbuddy/html/includes/class_user.php(413) : eval()'d code:259) in /home/content/f/b/u/fbuddy/html/includes/page_header.php on line 623

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/f/b/u/fbuddy/html/includes/class_user.php(413) : eval()'d code:259) in /home/content/f/b/u/fbuddy/html/includes/page_header.php on line 625

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/f/b/u/fbuddy/html/includes/class_user.php(413) : eval()'d code:259) in /home/content/f/b/u/fbuddy/html/includes/page_header.php on line 626
I get this error when I try to log in.

Code: Select all

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_DEC, expecting T_VARIABLE or '$' in /home/content/f/b/u/fbuddy/html/includes/class_user.php(413) : eval()'d code on line 259

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/f/b/u/fbuddy/html/includes/class_user.php(413) : eval()'d code:259) in /home/content/f/b/u/fbuddy/html/includes/class_user_session.php on line 454

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/f/b/u/fbuddy/html/includes/class_user.php(413) : eval()'d code:259) in /home/content/f/b/u/fbuddy/html/includes/class_user_session.php on line 455

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/f/b/u/fbuddy/html/includes/class_user.php(413) : eval()'d code:259) in /home/content/f/b/u/fbuddy/html/includes/CH_functions.php on line 277
I did the best I could with install file. Not alot of support at the phpCA site. Someone please help!?!??
minimumrage

Post by minimumrage »

BTW - I have Category Hierarchies 2.1.6 installed. I'm sure it has something to do with that. I've posted at phpCA, phpHacks, the CH site and here, but apparently nobody has ever tried to make these two work together. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am not all that well versed in PHP.
cwallace

Post by cwallace »

What is the status on this MOD...it is an excellent concept...has it been worked on or finished?

It has been a while since anyone has posted here..:)

Chris
http://www.FortWayneMusic.com - Your source for the best in local music and entertainment.
minimumrage

Post by minimumrage »

Support for it has disappeared. I have posted the above problem at every forum that has anything to do with it, with no replies. Apparently it is dead in the water.
samureye

Post by samureye »

It's sad, I've been looking for a final version of this. Guess it is time for an alternative to a mod :(
cwallace

Post by cwallace »

They have a site, but about the same as far as contact...this is a GREAT mod and would be awesome if it at least had a final version..:/

Chris
http://www.FortWayneMusic.com - Your source for the best in local music and entertainment.
minimumrage

Post by minimumrage »

Pete actually is very helpful. The guy took the time to fix what was wrong with my install. He is busy with other things, but the support is still there. And this MOD in conjunction with CH is awesome.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”