[ABD] Download System 0.0.1

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Locked
AL3X416
Registered User
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

[ABD] Download System 0.0.1

Post by AL3X416 »

This is my first day of making this mod, and i though id make the topic now to get some positive feedback.

I am making a sort of Download System mod, which will basically let users downloads files, or upload there own. (Verified by Admin, or maybe a Moderator)
Here is a list of other features id like to incorporate:
- Categorized Downloads
- IP Tracking and Banning
- # of Downloads Tracking
- User level Restrictions (For downloading AND Adding a new download)
- Group Level Restrictions (same as above)
- Download Descriptions, Comments, etc
- Advanced Admin Panel - Edit Downloads, Add Downloads, Remove Downloads, Block IPs, Manage users (and groups) Download Privileges

I'm up for more feature suggestions, or just positive comments. (negative too :D )
Last edited by AL3X416 on Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smitjel
Registered User
Posts: 461
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:40 pm
Location: Birmingham, AL

Post by smitjel »

Sounds like quite an endeavor. Before you spend a good deal of time on this, have you glanced at the Attachment Mod?
My Quick Reply MOD for phpBB2

User avatar
OmNi.Eternal
Registered User
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:21 am
Location: Indiana, United States
Contact:

Post by OmNi.Eternal »

Always a good thing to have choices!

You might also check out paFileDB

AL3X416
Registered User
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Post by AL3X416 »

smitjel wrote: Sounds like quite an endeavor. Before you spend a good deal of time on this, have you glanced at the Attachment Mod?

What do you mean? Do you mean like try looking at incoorperating my mod with the attachment mod?
OmNi.Eternal wrote: Always a good thing to have choices!

You might also check out paFileDB

Thats partially the reason im starting this mod, i was originally going to use that mod, but i really dont like the layout of it. So then i decided to make my own mod, and add soem more features, but make the layout nice and simple.

AL3X416
Registered User
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Post by AL3X416 »

Double post. Sorry.

smitjel
Registered User
Posts: 461
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:40 pm
Location: Birmingham, AL

Post by smitjel »

AL3X416 wrote: What do you mean? Do you mean like try looking at incoorperating my mod with the attachment mod?

No, I just meant that there was already an Attachment Mod, one of, if not THE most involved mod ever written for phpbb. Just making sure you had already seen it.

But yeah, choices are great. Good luck dood!
My Quick Reply MOD for phpBB2

AL3X416
Registered User
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Post by AL3X416 »

smitjel wrote:
AL3X416 wrote:What do you mean? Do you mean like try looking at incoorperating my mod with the attachment mod?

No, I just meant that there was already an Attachment Mod, one of, if not THE most involved mod ever written for phpbb. Just making sure you had already seen it.

But yeah, choices are great. Good luck dood!

Thanks, i think after i figure out some of the features i need to do and write the instructions, and make the admin page for adding downloads, i should be able to release the code and files.

Sephiseraph
Registered User
Posts: 73
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:19 am

Post by Sephiseraph »

A cool feature would be upload/download limits depending on your rank or group - like if you're 3rd rank you can only download 30mb of data within 24 hours or something. This would help any bandwidth issues.

AL3X416
Registered User
Posts: 74
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:49 pm
Location: Massachusetts
Contact:

Post by AL3X416 »

Sephiseraph wrote: A cool feature would be upload/download limits depending on your rank or group - like if you're 3rd rank you can only download 30mb of data within 24 hours or something. This would help any bandwidth issues.
Thats what i meant by:
AL3X416 wrote: - User level Restrictions (For downloading AND Adding a new download)
- Group Level Restrictions (same as above)

MaddoxX
Registered User
Posts: 450
Joined: Sat May 15, 2004 4:43 pm
Location: Russia

Post by MaddoxX »

ah nice
:D

DKing
Registered User
Posts: 751
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:38 pm

Post by DKing »

Looks pretty nice! I can't wait for the release... :D
-DKing
Latest phpBB Version: 2.0.21
Search For a MOD: MOD Search

crappytheclown
Registered User
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 10:50 pm
Location: NYC
Contact:

Post by crappytheclown »

ive bin looking for sumthing like thie......hope u get it done soon!
Image

Locked

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”