(Current Version - 0.2.4b, Released April 09, 2006)
http://www.theblogmod.com/community/vie ... =1454#1454
Please install the latest security patch:
The Blog Mod is a fully featured weblog system designed to integrate with a phpBB forum and thus allow all its members the opportunity to create a weblog and share their thoughts to the rest of the forum in the form of a online journal/diary. The overall purpose of this mod is to keep communities closer together (rather than joining a humongous community just for a weblog (i.e. livejournal, xanga, etc.) and as a method of grouping weblogs together by community (unlike other systems such as blogger, moveable type)
- Weblogs can be created by any member of the board, but only in simple mode (where only basic, basic options can be chosen).
- Fully Customizable weblogs for those approved by an administrator.
- Show/Hide certain blocks (in simple mode)
- Full posting system with unlimited comments.
- Calendar and/or a simple Previous/Forward link to view past entries
- Selectable styles for simple mode, and as a base for the advanced mode.
- 4 Levels of authentication to allow certain people to view their weblog (All viewers, Registered Only, Friends Only, or Weblog Owner)
- 4 Levels of authentication for each individual entry (same levels as above).
- Mood, and Action Icons per entry to specify the mood that the owner is feeling and what he/she is currently doing.
- RSS script for rss feeds.
- HTML, BBCode, and Smilies can be used just like how phpbb uses them.
- Fully functional friends list, that allows you to add a friend and then you'll be able to see all your friend's latest post all on one page.
- Also in the friends page, it will also show who has listed you as a friend ("Friend of...").
- Blocked List
- Entire weblog structure is mostly independant from the phpbb forum system, which means less hassle when installing and much less conflicts.
- Option for admins to disable weblog face plates in the weblog index and instead use a default, small (one line) faceplate; useful for boards with large webloggers.
- Administrators can choose whether or not to censor weblogs and their entries
- In the entry viewing page, the actual entry is seperated completely and styleized from the replies.
- When a user chooses to delete the weblog, it is marked for deletion and will not be visible in the weblog index. The weblog may be undeleted as long as an Administrator has not purged all weblogs that were marked for deletion.
- Automatically tries to CHMOD files in order to access them. If it is unable to (i.e. no file there) the script will inform the user of the exact file it was looking for.
- Weblog pages will show the "RSS" icon in the bottom right of the window for those using Firefox 1.0PR (for the Live Bookmarks!)
- In easy mode, you can edit the look and feel of your weblog very, very easily! Over 30 options that can be changed! This allows styles to be used as a base, where colors and fonts can be changed.
- Mood sets
- Customizable simple mode (i.e. choose background colors, add music/background image, etc.)
- Recently updated blogs (by user or by weblog name) on the index.
- Clicking on "Post your comment" on a weblog's main page will open another window, completely styled like the weblog is.
- Personal shoutbox for each weblog! Allows smileys, bbcode and limited html (as per forum settings)
- Permalink for each entry
- Trackback support, for sending/receiving trackback pings.
- Picture Uploading - Users can upload pictures (with restrictions on size/height/width), and then they can be placed whereever they want using the BBCode that is generated
- Weblog Entry Categories - The ability to group entries into categories. Should the categories be defined by the admin or users? or both?
- Automatic First Entry - An intial entry posted to a newly created blog, where the message is changeable via the Admin CP.
- Multiple Blogs per user - To allow users to also create additional blogs so that they may be used for contribution based weblogs.
- Use Forum Template - Use the forum based template so that forum headers/footers are used instead.
- XML-RPC Capability to ping some sites - Probably will have a page in the Admin CP that lets you add the ability to ping sites like weblogs.com or technorati.com
- Ascending/Descending display of entries.
- Option to enable/disable the ability for Administrators to view private entries. When enabled, a message will be displayed while posting stating this fact, as well as in the Blog CP
- Entries marked as Events. These special entries will have a star next to them, and may or may not be specially highlighted in the calendar if a particular day has an event.
- Ability to import smilies from phpBB as moods.
- Ability to move blocks up and down in easy mode.
- Option in the ACP to disable all shoutboxes entirely.
- Additional Blocks:
Entries, marked as Events
Most Popular Entries
- Advanced mode will only have the basic blocks, however documentation will be provided so that the owner of the advanced blogs can add them himself/herself.
- Ability to limit number of blogs that a user can "own".
- Ability to export all entries from a particular weblog into a text file that the weblog's owner(s) can download themselves.
- Email on reply to an entry (specific for each entry).
- December 22, 2004
The Blog Mod version 0.1.0 released!
- January 23, 2005
The Blog Mod version 0.2.0 released!
- March 10, 2005
The Blog Mod version 0.2.1 released!
- May 6, 2005
The Blog Mod version 0.2.2 released!
- May 18, 2005
The Blog Mod 0.2.3 has been released!
This version contains a number of fixes as well as small enhancements plus a brand new template!
- 2005-12-02 - version 0.2.3c
Upgrade support to phpbb 2.0.18 released
Fixed to reduce sql query and loading of weblogs.php Submitted by Siava
Fixed bugs installation when using easymod
Update Installation guide.
- 2006-03-01 - version 0.2.4
Currently testing SEO and short URL ... pending released!
Category Addon courtesy by Willow
Fixed some dead links
- 2006-04-09 - version 0.2.4
updated database table for new install
Fixed minor bugs
- Fixed usernames not being showed for latest post link when viewing all entries
- Fixed Contributors not being able to edit/add a new entry
- Fixed friends and blocked pages not being able to block or add users (while letting Admin be able to do so)
- Fixed "Friends Only" authentication problem introduced in 0.2.2
- Lastest Unread Entries now works properly now (showing an orange "latest post" icon when appropriate in weblogs.php)
- Contributors now get same access as Admins - all entries viewable and editable except for weblog owner only entries.
- Changed orangeBlue faceplate so that it also uses BlogCP settings
- October 25, 2005
The Blog Mod 0.2.3b has been released! This released comes with 15 templates and updated link to blogpoint.com website.
- a 99% semantically correct, css based template that has been tested in IE5.5, IE6, Mozilla, Firefox, and Opera. Mozilla/Firefox users get get a special treat - client-side rounded borders.
only partially editable - font size, background images/colors should work.
- A quick installation script (db_update.php) is provided, so that you can make the database changes. If you have the old Forum Weblogs Mod you must wait until I have an upgrade script readily available. (Don't know when though)
Also, be careful who you grant permission to for the fully customizable weblogs ("advanced mode") IF you have the eXtreme Styles mod. That mod allows php execution in templates, so this could lead to some serious problems. On the other hand, it could also enrich the blog with extra content!
Don't forget to install a weblog template! To do this, unzip the contents of a template's zip file (two templates are included in the package) to the weblogs/templates/ folder. One template is already done for you. Each template should have their own folder (like phpbb's template system). Then go to the Administration Control Panel => Weblog Templates => Add New Template.
The Private Templates feature is kinda useless right now, there's no facility to change a weblog's template to use a private template. If you're confortable with manual database handling you can figure out how to switch the template of a weblog
- Ensure that the following have the appropriate permissions:
weblogs/ - 777
weblogs/upload/ - 755
weblogs/templates/ - 755
weblogs/templates/(any template folder) - 755
any .htm and .cfg file that comes in the zip file - 755
all else - 644
- If a directory doesn't have the correct permissions, the script won't be able to create a files in weblogs/ in Advanced Mode. Then, you'll get errors saying file not found. If that happens, create a blank file with the name of the missing file (as shown in weblog_config.php or by clicking on "Bloc CP") in the directory weblogs/ and the go to the Blog CP and choose "Reload Template". Make sure that weblogs/ is CHMOD 755
- EasyMod may also choke on the COPY section. If this happens, you should just do this manually (just upload all the files, keeping the same directory structure, to your forum root directory.
- Do NOT forget to install a weblog template! If you go to the Administration Panel and try to select a directory, it will not work (the preview image will be broken - an indication that the template isn't there). Just open up either or both of the zip files included within the first zip file (simpleGray.zip or ljDigitalMultiplex) and extract them to their own folder under the weblogs/templates/ directory. Then go to the Admin Control Panel -> Weblog Templates, and add the template there.
- If you get the error "Table WEBLOG_CONFIG_TABLE doesn't exist" or something similar, ensure that you made the changes to constants.php correctly. "WEBLOG_CONFIG_TABLE" is a constant referring to the actual table, plus your forum prefix.
(Updating from 0.2.2 to 0.2.3 requires only that you replace the old files with the new files)