[BETA] The Blog Mod 0.2.4

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
TurtleX

Post by TurtleX » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:44 am

How easy is it to upgrade from hyperion's mod? I have several custom templates will I have to upgrade all those too?

dj2big

Podcast

Post by dj2big » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:45 am

Currently i use blogger.com but it loads up to my host http://www.dj2big.com/podcast what would be the correct congig so that i would be able to use this blog on my board http://www.dj2big.com/board and podcast as well?

ctcentralinfo

Post by ctcentralinfo » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:13 pm

Just have to install it, that's it. As far as podcast Don't know.

dj2big

Post by dj2big » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:23 am

yes its important for me to podcast and able to use feedburner.com for the feed.

ctcentralinfo

Post by ctcentralinfo » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:59 am

It shouldn't be a problem, I don't think.

ctcentralinfo

Post by ctcentralinfo » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:37 am

How is everything progressing as far as coding for the mod? If you need a test site let me know.

aka_G

Post by aka_G » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:10 am

it rock....i just like it immediately but i wont start to hack it yet....i need to see around here and its own home to get more experience abt this....

cheers and big thanks to the mod author!!!!

G;)

abnev

Post by abnev » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:32 pm

Hey I just noticed something.

I installed a clean fresh copy of phpbb onto the server in a new directory, and i ran the db_update.php script. It did not create the weblog_last_entry_id in the phpbb_weblogs table

I uploaded all the files, set permisisions to them

went into the board, made my may 9 1996 entry and then a test entry for todays date, and bamm it showed today's date in both places

I just realized that I did not edit ANY files that the instructions said to, amazing that the mod worked

abnev

Post by abnev » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:34 pm

did i need to edit those files??? looks like copies of them were included

ctcentralinfo

Post by ctcentralinfo » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:24 pm

If most folks would follow the instructions given for the mod installation, many of the bugs experienced would be resolved. Yup edit the files as instructed. Nothing personal, just an observation.

abnev

Post by abnev » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:47 pm

I followed every instruction the first time and the second time i installed it. this last time I installed it on a clean install of phpbb, used the db_update.php file and just copied the files from the install package over, and it works just fine

furthermore... i copied my users, their entries, etc over to the new board's DB, made sure it worked fine (it did), then i put them all back over to my online board, dropping a re-creating the tables when i inserted into the online board's DB. and it works just fine

aops

Post by aops » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:41 pm

Thanks again for reviving this mod. Here's another item for the wish list: the ability for users to save entries without posting them (for example, if they get halfway through an entry, they can save it and finish it later).

javispedro

Post by javispedro » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:22 pm

aops wrote: Thanks again for reviving this mod. Here's another item for the wish list: the ability for users to save entries without posting them (for example, if they get halfway through an entry, they can save it and finish it later).

Just publish them with date set to Tomorrow or whenever your want. The entry will not appear until that day.

abnev

Post by abnev » Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:15 pm

javispedro wrote:
aops wrote:Thanks again for reviving this mod. Here's another item for the wish list: the ability for users to save entries without posting them (for example, if they get halfway through an entry, they can save it and finish it later).

Just publish them with date set to Tomorrow or whenever your want. The entry will not appear until that day.

REALLY!!! I did not know that it would do that, well that is great

ghinson

Post by ghinson » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:25 pm

Recently installed the blog mod with great success. Had to adapt it to the Athena template (make buttons for the style). If anyone would like the Athena changes, let me know.

But I did see my first error today. After posting an entry there is a menu line at the top that says:

XXX Forum Index -> Blogs -> My Blog ->

Pointing to My Blog as a link, I see it is directed towards the file:

weblog_posting.php

Clicking it, however, I get the following error on a blank page.

Template->make_filename(): Error - template file not found: ../../weblogs/templates/-1/weblog_header.htm

Maybe it is looking for a file that does not exist (weblog_posting.php) or for one that I failed to install. Or one that simply doesn't exist in the blog template that I used (simply gray). (The file was copied over to the html directory as suggested.)

Another question I have is has anyone successfully removed all of the fluffy stuff associated with mod? I do not really need the AIM-like Moods and Actions. If I am nervously eating, I'll just post it, instead of needing icons to show it.

Thanks for all the work!

(I cross-posted this to blogpoint. Sorry.)

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”