[BETA] The Blog Mod 0.2.4

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Cross_+_Flame

Post by Cross_+_Flame »

Peter77sx wrote: So if anyone is experiencing high sql queries, try this fix here by Homeskillet. http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... 31#1954431 this will knock your queries down significantly.
Ahhh, amazing. Thanks!
aboyd

Post by aboyd »

NGLeader wrote: Do you know when you will start making it template driven.

I had the old version that was template driven, but my cd disk got corrupted.

Isn't it still template driven? It just comes only with the Infinity template. But I have about 27 templates from the old versions & from theblogmod.com, and they do seem to work.

-Tony
candysmall

Post by candysmall »

what templates you have? I'm looking for some.
NGLeader

Post by NGLeader »

When I say template driven, I mean that the entire blog uses phpbb overall_header and footer template.

As the blog is now when you go to view the members blog all that's html, it's not using phpbb templates.

Thank and keep up the good work.
Keefy

Post by Keefy »

2 questions

1 - i deleted the entry_trackbacks from the phpbb_weblog_entries table, how do i insert it back in there.

2 - how do u stop spam with the trackbacks ive got 1000's of them, did the visual confirmation for guests for repliews and shoutbox, so the only problems seems this trackback.

Thanks for any help
candysmall

Post by candysmall »

I had 0.2.3 installed... I am upgrading to Version: 0.2.4b, what SQL database updates do I need to do? If I run the update script will it overwrite all the current entries and pages?
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

@keefy, the install.txt should have all the SQL written down. and I thought the latest version of this MOD stopped the spam in the shoutbox?

candysmall wrote: I had 0.2.3 installed... I am upgrading to Version: 0.2.4b, what SQL database updates do I need to do? If I run the update script will it overwrite all the current entries and pages?

Yup, Just run the update install, it should not overwrite any entries or posts made in the Blog MOD. but it is always good to make backups just incase anything else happens. 8)
aboyd

Post by aboyd »

Keefy wrote: i deleted the entry_trackbacks from the phpbb_weblog_entries table, how do i insert it back in there.

EDIT: no, actually, I don't know. Nevermind.
Keefy wrote: how do u stop spam with the trackbacks ive got 1000's of them, did the visual confirmation for guests for repliews and shoutbox, so the only problems seems this trackback.

Currently, there is no way. Trackback = spam, and this blog tool doesn't even have a shut-off option. You can manually go through each entry, clicking the X in the upper right corner to delete them one-by-one.

I suppose eventually I'll have to solve this problem for my own site, and I'll share whatever I come up with. But maybe Hardworking will come up with something first. I think a first step is just an option to disable trackbacks. A second step would be to enable trackbacks, but not autodiscovery -- instead, anyone wanting to trackback would need to pass a CAPTCHA to get the trackback URL. That way, only actual humans would be able to trackback, as bots can't pass a CAPTCHA.

Unfortunately, I don't know much at all about how do that (yet), so if I come up with a solution myself, it'll probably be just to turn the whole thing off.

-Tony
aboyd

Post by aboyd »

candysmall wrote: what templates you have? I'm looking for some.

I have everything I could find over at theblogmod.com. Head over there and find all the links you can. :)

-Tony
OTmaster
I've Been Banned!

Post by OTmaster »

i wish it was more organized, all those files everywhere.
aboyd

Post by aboyd »

Peter77sx wrote: Yup, Just run the update install, it should not overwrite any entries or posts made in the Blog MOD.

I'm not so sure that it works like an update. I think db_update.php should probably be called db_install.php, because when I read through it, it looks like it's just creating all the tables from scratch.

I don't think it would hurt anyone's database, as the database should just fire back an error message saying that the tables already exist. Still, might want to follow Peter's advice and backup first.

In fact, if you're good with SQL, I would suggest that you don't run it at all. I would instead compare what it's trying to do with the tables you already have, and see if you can manually make only the necessary changes. If anyone comes up with something that is more like a genuine update script, I'm sure Hardworking would roll it into the official release.

-Tony
candysmall

Post by candysmall »

aboyd wrote:
candysmall wrote:what templates you have? I'm looking for some.

I have everything I could find over at theblogmod.com. Head over there and find all the links you can. :)

-Tony

There were a few mentioned that the links were broken.
Last edited by candysmall on Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

aboyd, I've browsed in your downloads/site and I havn't seen any templates for the Blog. I must of missed the link?

Maybe would could use battye's Robot stopper - add the same concept to the Blog MOD? it adds a website filed to be filled ( that only robots can see ) and if the bots do post a website, it kills the register... or in this case it would be the shoubox comment. I dunno, just an idea.

It would be nice to also add an optional notify by email or PM when someone makes a comment in our blogs.
aboyd

Post by aboyd »

Peter77sx wrote: aboyd, I've browsed in your downloads/site and I havn't seen any templates for the Blog. I must of missed the link?

I got all mine from theblogmod.com. I haven't put them on my site. If you've got templates from theblogmod.com, then you have all the same ones I do.

I suppose I might post revisions at some point. I'm adding the category field, and trackback URLs. But that could take a while.

-Tony
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

Oh i see. there are a few templates that are not available to download anymore. like the template that visiters can change colour. blue, greed, red ect.

I wonder why folks stopped making these blogs templates. I'm looking into maybe creating my own. i'm not very good with PhotoShop. they will probably just be simple themes. :)

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”