[BETA] The Blog Mod 0.2.4

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
WilLoW :--)

Post by WilLoW :--) »

Isn' t this problem linked to Advanced blogs ? Are they activated on your system ?
And why did you install version 0.2.0 rather than 0.2.4 ?
.../...
LauraF

Post by LauraF »

Hi,
I'm having a problem with our weblog mod, it was working fine before, but then we changed servers, and now there are some problems.

When we click on the friends link we get this error message

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /usr/local/www/vhosts/neohogwarts.net/includes/functions_weblog.php on line 643
I then added a fresh copy of that file, but the problem still persists.
Wondering if it has something to do with the database tables, but as far as I can see they all look intact.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
aboyd

Post by aboyd »

Perhaps you're using a different version of PHP on the new server. I know that at some point, PHP changed the way it handled the strings-as-arrays issue. Perhaps the blog code is written in the old way, and your PHP is too new for it.

This is just a guess.

-Tony
jbss1966

Post by jbss1966 »

Hi,

Thank you for the wonderful MOD!

I have a question, is there an easy way to move posts from forum into someone's blog?

I have an user making a lot of posts in a forum, now he wants to move all those posts into his blog in the same site.

Many thanks.
abumslife

Post by abumslife »

abumslife wrote: i plan on using clean_tables mod to get rid of all mods i have and start with a fresh version of the board but i want to save peoples blogs when i reinstall it... can i just leave certain tables so when i reinstall the mod the blogs are still there or do i have to do something else

thanks

still curious... thanks

abumslife wrote:
abumslife wrote:i plan on using clean_tables mod to get rid of all mods i have and start with a fresh version of the board but i want to save peoples blogs when i reinstall it... can i just leave certain tables so when i reinstall the mod the blogs are still there or do i have to do something else

thanks

still curious... thanks

Just try on a test server (on your computer for example) and let us know...
.../...
shirleycaat

Post by shirleycaat »

The blog mod in my board is being attacked by spammers in replies, trackbacks, and shoutbox!!! :evil:

Can anyone tell me how to disable this? How can make all replies, trackbacks, and shoutbox only open to registered user?
aboyd

Post by aboyd »

How are you getting spammed in the shoutbox & replies? The shoutbox requires a CAPTCHA (image verification) if you are not logged in, so only real actual humans should be able to do that.

Or is the CAPTCHA some extra thing that I added? I can't remember. Hmm. If you don't have the CAPTCHA, go to theblogmod.com and grab that add-on.

And for replies, in your Blog CP, there is a config setting to allow replies only from members.

The only thing which should be an issue is the trackbacks. There are some patches over at theblogmod.com -- I think one is a "spam words" filter for trackbacks. I haven't seen anything there yet that really fixes the problem. I think the easiest thing to do is just remove the trackback file.

-Tony
shirleycaat

Post by shirleycaat »

I dont know there is such an addon for shoutbox. I will go find it. Thanks! Right now I have to set the "Shoutbox Flood Delay" to 50
minutes.

For replies, I know I can set that permission in Blog CP to only "registered members". But every member can set that permission themselves. Admin need an option to set all blogs's reply permission to "registered members" at Board CP, and not allow any members to set it to "guest".

For trackbacks, I have no idea how to remain this function. The spammers are so terrible, dragging my board very slow, that I had to delete trackback.php at all. :?
aboyd wrote: How are you getting spammed in the shoutbox & replies? The shoutbox requires a CAPTCHA (image verification) if you are not logged in, so only real actual humans should be able to do that.

Or is the CAPTCHA some extra thing that I added? I can't remember. Hmm. If you don't have the CAPTCHA, go to theblogmod.com and grab that add-on.

And for replies, in your Blog CP, there is a config setting to allow replies only from members.

The only thing which should be an issue is the trackbacks. There are some patches over at theblogmod.com -- I think one is a "spam words" filter for trackbacks. I haven't seen anything there yet that really fixes the problem. I think the easiest thing to do is just remove the trackback file.

-Tony
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

Here is an image verifacition for our blogs shoutboxes.
http://www.theblogmod.com/community/vie ... =1191#1191 though I am having some trouble with it myself. gives me a 'broken' image.

And you might be intrested in this add-on too. makes guests register in order to post in blogs. also get's rid of the guest option to post / view in bloger CP.
http://www.theblogmod.com/community/vie ... =1596#1596

hope that helps.

I try to keep lists of bugs and mods for theBlogMod in these posts :
http://www.theblogmod.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=336
http://www.theblogmod.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=333

Please feel free to reply to these posts. if something is missing, I'll add it.
.../...
andi3084

Post by andi3084 »

quick question....
i just installed this, and love it
but i want to change the links to it to match the rest of links on my board. i had made the buttons for them but need to know where to go to change them....can anyone help me with this PLEASE :D
TIA
andi3084

Post by andi3084 »

anyone?
Anarhists

Post by Anarhists »

Can you tell us please, when will be the next version of the mod realised? :roll:
This is great mod :D , but I want to use my phpbb template for my weblogs.
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

andi3084 wrote: quick question....
i just installed this, and love it
but i want to change the links to it to match the rest of links on my board. i had made the buttons for them but need to know where to go to change them....can anyone help me with this PLEASE :D
TIA

Could you be more spesific please?.... are you talking about a Blog Theme?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”