[DISC] TorrentPier BitTorrent Tracker MOD

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
concretemonkey

Post by concretemonkey »

MennoniteHobbit - As far as I was aware it shouldn't be. I mean it is a fairly new mod too. I hope that Aaru hasn't closed it off without saying anything. Unless he has abandoned this thread to continue with the one at filesoup.

nibraz - so far nothing like that. Dunno how hard it would be to implement, but it would be a case of hiding the Attachment Mod if the persons ratio was lower than a set amount. You can limit the amount of torrents a member may download or seed at the same time tho. You could set allowed number of torrents on download to 1 and allowed seeding to 3.

Also, install the memberlist mod and add my hacks in the posts above. Wil display ratios as 1:1 with a person only seeding shown as Seeder and a leecher as Leecher. Will display this on the topicview too if you have that mod installed. That way people can see who the leechers are.

You may wish to incororate into the rules that members are allowed to block other members IP addresses if they appear as leecher in their topic as you can retrieve the ips of the peers using the torrentpier mod.

Members can block people from connecting to their computers using Peerguardian or equivelent. This will stop them connecting to their torrent files that they are seeding. You could also implement a ban for anyone not curbing their ways. Assign a moderator to the stak of flitering out the leechers from the rest of your forum. The picyer will soon be seen by all and they will all seed. A 1:1 ratio should be required by all decent BT users.

djvini

Post by djvini »

i know this mod is DISC, but is this a mod or a full install?

is there any way to add this to an already running forum?

Aaru Bui

Post by Aaru Bui »

TorrentPier MOD re-uploaded. In first post for those interested.

concretemonkey

Post by concretemonkey »

djvini wrote: i know this mod is DISC, but is this a mod or a full install?

is there any way to add this to an already running forum?

This is for an already running forum. You will need to have the Attachment Mod installed and also a file from the Extreme Styles mod. All the information is included in the download.

TorrentPier is also availible as a Pre-Modded forum, but not by Aaru. Aaru stripped the TorrentPier mod out of the pre modded forum for us.

I am currrently building a forum using TorrentPier and so far have over 40 mods installed.

Just to not, TorrentPier and Categories Hierarchy do not seem to be compatible. So don't bother. Had to start afresh after installing CH onto the forum as CH changes a lot of code.

djvini

Post by djvini »

ahh, i was downloading TorrentPier 0.3.5.

concretemonkey

Post by concretemonkey »

There are some good additions to this too. A ratio display on the memberlist and a ratio display on viewtopic.php.

A few posts up, i myself have adjusted these mods so that the information is more userfriendly. P.S. My adjustments are EasyMod compatible too.

djvini

Post by djvini »

how do i install the SQL part, without having access to phpmyadmin?

[e!] nm, i used phpymyadmin, how would you go about doing it without access to PMA?

[e!2] got it fully working now, well. not tried the tracker, but no broken code ;)

Quake-69

Post by Quake-69 »

This MOD might be disc' by Aaru but is still active for the Full install @ http://tp-mod.sytes.net/index.php.

Quake

smithy_dll
Former Team Member
Name: Lachlan Smith

Post by smithy_dll »

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”