[DEV] phpBB Adsense Revenue Sharing Mod2

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
ehoward2

Post by ehoward2 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:07 am

It allows users to put in their adsense ID into the PHPBB software and then when they start threads, it shows their google ads 50% of the time in the threads they started.
yexusbeliever wrote: Can you explain to me how this mod works? I am not getting the idea of it.

mavrik42

Post by mavrik42 » Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:59 am

I am thinking about adding some stuff like stats, an easier way to change the percentage of userads shown and any other good ideas, on to this package and re-rolling it if there is interest.

I am most definately interested. Specifically what I would like to do is set a percentage shown for the thread creators ID, and a percentage to be shared among anybody else who posts in that thread. It would be great if this could be set through an administration panel for it. Also, possibly a system for increasing there percentage of showing if they are in a certain usergroup, though I reckon that would be getting abit too complicated.

If you could add stuff like that I for one would be very greatful :)

ehoward2

Post by ehoward2 » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:45 am

I'm sure all of your requests could be added... I do think they're good. I'll have to think about the most efficient way to add them.

On the other hand, the admin panel stuff would be relatively easy to implement. It would just be a matter of doing it.

Thanks for the encouragement.
mavrik42 wrote:
I am thinking about adding some stuff like stats, an easier way to change the percentage of userads shown and any other good ideas, on to this package and re-rolling it if there is interest.

I am most definately interested. Specifically what I would like to do is set a percentage shown for the thread creators ID, and a percentage to be shared among anybody else who posts in that thread. It would be great if this could be set through an administration panel for it. Also, possibly a system for increasing there percentage of showing if they are in a certain usergroup, though I reckon that would be getting abit too complicated.

If you could add stuff like that I for one would be very greatful :)

webitalia2005

Post by webitalia2005 » Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:25 pm

Hello,

This mod is really nice..I cant wait for you to release the next version of it with all the new features you said.Please keep me informed,and continue like that..thanks ehoward2. :D

mavrik42

Post by mavrik42 » Thu Dec 22, 2005 1:36 am

looking forward to it :D

mavrik42

Post by mavrik42 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:37 pm

any updates?
Earn revenue from your site. From google adsense to adding the capability for users to have images smsed to there mobile phones covered. revenuedriven.com
The forums features a revenue sharing system utilizing google adsense, create a topic today to recieve adsense clicks :) Click Here to view the forum.

Hac

Post by Hac » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:01 pm

What I'm looking for now is an option to show the ads in particular forums and not in others.

hotcomputers

Please help me with this mod

Post by hotcomputers » Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:30 pm

I have instaled this mod and i think this is the best way to bring users to a new forum.

please let me know if this mod works.As i say i have instaled on
www.hot-computers.ro/forum/ and i want to test it. anybody can help me?

I have tested with another frined but i see only my ads.
I don't know why his ads are not displayed on my forum

I have set to Enable and the number of posts to 3 posts.

I am waiting some help if possible
Thanks

Beth

Post by Beth » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:23 pm

I think ehoward has abandoned this mod.
I have it installed, and have seen NO stats for banner impressions or clicks when using it.
There are more questions than answers with this mod- not sure how it even got this far on this site given the gaping holes.
No support whatsoever.

Hotcomputers above has been all over the internet trying to find help as well, to no avail.
phpBB should dump it until its stable.

hotcomputers

Post by hotcomputers » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:43 pm

Beth wrote: I think ehoward has abandoned this mod.
I have it installed, and have seen NO stats for banner impressions or clicks when using it.
There are more questions than answers with this mod- not sure how it even got this far on this site given the gaping holes.
No support whatsoever.

Hotcomputers above has been all over the internet trying to find help as well, to no avail.
phpBB should dump it until its stable.

Hi Beth

As you said i have looked over 50 forums for hel and nobody can help me.
I think i will uninstal this mood.
It was very interesting to have such a mod because it brings visitators.

If i will fix this mod alone i will send you an e-mail

Bye

Beth

Post by Beth » Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:54 pm

Thanks HC for all the leg work.
It amazing to me that nobody has found a solution to make this work.
Even Digital Point is ignoring support requests, though Shawn isn't giving up the code anyway.
When using it for just your code alone, are you seeing the impressions counted in your AS stats?

I'm not- which has me questioning not only the stability, but whether it is in fact complying with the Google TOS agreement, as the mod is currently set up.

I did see a forum supposedly using a YPN revenue sharing mod, which we can only assume is the same setup?
Hmmm.

hotcomputers

Post by hotcomputers » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:41 pm

Beth wrote: Thanks HC for all the leg work.
It amazing to me that nobody has found a solution to make this work.
Even Digital Point is ignoring support requests, though Shawn isn't giving up the code anyway.
When using it for just your code alone, are you seeing the impressions counted in your AS stats?

I'm not- which has me questioning not only the stability, but whether it is in fact complying with the Google TOS agreement, as the mod is currently set up.

I did see a forum supposedly using a YPN revenue sharing mod, which we can only assume is the same setup?
Hmmm.

Hi again

I have spoked with google and they told me is it ok to use this mod
My problem is that i have displayed my ads but when somebody insert their ads it doesn't apear their ads.

you can test it in my forum to see if it works

www.hot-computers.ro/forum/

Yes i see the impresions counted.I have tested with a channel and i see all the impresions

I have to go.We speak tomorow
Thanks

E-Darkone

Post by E-Darkone » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:55 pm

OK, quick question to those who have this installed.

Does it work? :)

I'm very much looking for this mod on a couple of my forums!

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:46 pm

Obviously not....or people wouldn't be posting all over the place asking if ANYONE has gotten it to work.
It would be nice if some of the boards that DO use it would help, but haven't seen any sharing of the love from Digital Point or others.
Threads there get no response whatsoever.

defender-uk

Post by defender-uk » Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:05 am

As I'm a kind chap, if some-one send me the code (my forums all have file upload option (links below) I'll take a look at it.

dEf.

BUT I will not support it without the original Authors permission.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”