[BETA] Friends Mod 0.1.0a

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
lostnerd

Post by lostnerd »

Hi everyone
i'm a newbie, and i'd like to install this MOD
can i do it with EasyMod or am i gonna ruin everything if i do ?
thanks
jasonago

compat with easymod

Post by jasonago »

Friends mod v.0.1.0a is easymod compliant so far and will install without fuzz with phpbb 2.0.17

However, with phpbb 2.0.18 it will only have minor error, one is in the usercp_viewprofile.tpl where in the install file would try to put the Friends link beside the Usergroups link. The other one I forgot...

I'll be posting a new release here that will install with easymod and phpbb 2.0.18 without errors as soon as possible...

But for the mean time, a little editing in your part will do...
lostnerd

Post by lostnerd »

thank you
jebus23

Post by jebus23 »

Did you make a patch for the blog mod as of yet? I would really like that! I am looking foreward to it.
ctcentralinfo

Post by ctcentralinfo »

I installed the blog mod on my test site some time ago and now I want to install this next. I have the modifications form blog point my only question is if they will work with your current version of this mod.
beggers

Post by beggers »

Wow, sounds like a very ambitious project. I'll give it a shot when 2.0 comes out.
ctcentralinfo

Post by ctcentralinfo »

0.2.0 will have the photo gallery option will this work with coppermine?
vaninam

Friends Mod - blog mod

Post by vaninam »

Out of curiosity, has anyone figured out the fix for blog mod (to run with the Friend's mod)? I think someone before said it would be an easy strip of code to write, but I don't really have the experience to do it, and was wondering if someone already did.

Thanks, and happy new year's!! :D
ctcentralinfo

Post by ctcentralinfo »

shirleycaat

Post by shirleycaat »

Very interested in this mod, I'd like to try Friends Mod 0.2.0 8)
Club2share.com

Club2Share.com - Commants

Post by Club2share.com »

Hello

is this is invite system like you can close your register and poeple from your board can invite other members ?

also i'm not sure but hi5 invite You MSN contact list is this mod can do the same job ? :roll:
Club2Share.Com - eMule File Sharing Talk!
Admin/MOD Help me to Merge My old Account back in 2003 .! :)
jasonago

answers...

Post by jasonago »

ctcentralinfo wrote: 0.2.0 will have the photo gallery option will this work with coppermine?

I always encounter the word "coppermine" but until now I don't know what it is...
The gallery for the next fmod will be simple. Don't worry! I'll research about coppermine and try to work with it...
vaninam wrote: Out of curiosity, has anyone figured out the fix for blog mod (to run with the Friend's mod)?

Blogmod and fmod integration is easy...but I did not write an integration code for fmod 0.1.0a because I will modify fmod in such a way that compatibility between friends mod 0.1.0a and 0.2.0 will be at risk. Blogmod integration will be made for fmod 0.2.0 but not for 0.1.0a...

About the compat issue, I will make an upgrade script so that database for fmod 0.1.0a will work for the new fmod...

Dont worry guys...
thomherfs

Photo support

Post by thomherfs »

First, great mod. Very useful, very well-coded. Thanks for your work and for continuing development. I'm integrating it into a heavily modded board at the moment and having almost no problem getting it to work with the other mods.

Next, in terms of photo support, I wanted to mention that Coppermine, while great, is notoriously hard to integrate with other apps. People had so much trouble integrating it into PHPNuke that the Coppermine people actually developed their own pre-modded Nuke Branch to avoid coming up with detailed coding changes. (CPGNuke, now called Dragonfly). If you are not familiar with Coppermine, you might want to check this thread at their support forum for some tips on integration with basic, plain vanilla phpBB:

http://coppermine-gallery.net/forum/ind ... board=50.0

Other options for integration of an existing photo album setup into the mod (other than Smartors mod) are Gallery and 4Images. Those, along with Coppermine, come as standard with many host company Fantastico host packages so a lot of people use them. Here are the links for those in case you want to check them out:

Here's Gallery:

http://gallery.menalto.com/

4Images is a German project. Here's their URL:

http://www.4homepages.de/

Hope you find this useful. Thanks again for the great work and the great mod.
shirleycaat

Post by shirleycaat »

For gallery, I vote for smartor's album: http://smartor.is-root.com , because it integrate seamlessly with phpbb

However, I think gallery script doesnt matter, 'cause we can always provide a gallery link in user's profile.

For Friends mod itself, I'd like a simplest upload function by which users can upload at most 2-4 small size personal pictures, that's all. I dont want every user can upload tons of pictures through friends' mod anyway. :roll:

-------

Have a feature suggestion;

In viewtopic, can you add an information:
Friends: number

-------

Finally, cant help asking, when will 0.2.0 release? I cant wait... :oops:
ctcentralinfo

Post by ctcentralinfo »

I agree that smartors gallery mod is better then coppermine in the fact that it intergrates seemlessly with phpbb I would like however to be able to play video as well like youtube.com, but I think their might be some mods from the smartors developers that may be avialable.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”