[BETA] Friends Mod 0.1.0a

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
azra

Re: [BETA] Friends Mod 0.1.0a

Post by azra »

azra wrote:I have a lot of problems.

I will tell you the big problem:

On a user's profile, when I click add to my friends, I get this message:
database error

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'shiasist_phpb1.PHPBB_USERS' doesn't exist

select * FROM phpbb_friends_pending, PHPBB_USERS WHERE phpbb_friends_pending.to_id = 3 AND phpbb_friends_pending.from_id = 17 AND PHPBB_USERS.user_id = phpbb_friends_pending.from_id

Line : 53
File : snw_add.php
There are alot of other problems. But I think i can fix those myself.

Please help me figure out how to fix this problem.

Thanks

I would really appreciate your help ASAP!!!
Can someone please help me????
azra :D
qpsychics

Post by qpsychics »

I am having the same problem. Any suggestions anyone?
Peter77sx

Post by Peter77sx »

The fixes for that are burried somewhere in this thread.... I'll try to look for them on Monday, unless you find them before I do.
qpsychics

Post by qpsychics »

qpsychics

Post by qpsychics »

Question, is there a way to shrink the size of {friendsrow1.DEFAULT_PIC} and {friendsrow2.DEFAULT_PIC}? I have my avatars set to a little bigger then usual so members can put up small photos of themselves. This would end up taking up a lot of profile space. Any suggestions. BTW thanks for this MOD, Excellent!

Also, I tried to move the comments section over to the main section of the profile (to the right) and I can't get it to work. What other file do I have to edit to make this possible? I am also thinking about moving the friends section over to. Any help would be great.
azra

Re: some bug fixes

Post by azra »

Blitze wrote:
I noticed that to invite existing users, you have to go into their proifle, such as through the Forum's "Memberlist" icon. Then, click on the user's name to view their profile, and then you can add them to your friend list from their profile page.

Thanks alot vaninam. I didn't notice that.
Works great except for some bugs in the v0.1.0a.
database error

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'xxxx_db.PHPBB_USERS' doesn't exist

select * FROM phpbb_friends_pending, PHPBB_USERS WHERE phpbb_friends_pending.to_id = 2 AND phpbb_friends_pending.from_id = 5 AND PHPBB_USERS.user_id = phpbb_friends_pending.from_id

Line : 53
File : snw_add.php

Could not query usernames

DEBUG MODE

SELECT * FROM PHPBB_USERS WHERE user_id = '2'

Line : 279
File : friends.php

Could not query usernames

DEBUG MODE

SELECT * FROM PHPBB_USERS, phpbb_friends_comments WHERE phpbb_friends_comments.id = '1' AND PHPBB_USERS.user_id = phpbb_friends_comments.from_id

Line : 392
File : friends.php

when you try to approve or add a friend. To fix this replace all occurrences of PHPBB_USERS with USERS_TABLE in friends.php and includes/snw_add.php.

Also, when click on the link to add comment in viewprofile, there is an additional "\" at the end of the link that causes an error "user does not exist". Changing

Code: Select all

$friends_info = sprintf($lang['Are_friends'], $profiledata['username']) . "&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href=\"friends.php?mode=comment&u=" . $profiledata['user_id'] . '\">' . $lang['Add_comment'] . '</a><br>';
to

Code: Select all

$friends_info = sprintf($lang['Are_friends'], $profiledata['username']) . "&nbsp;&nbsp;<a href=\"friends.php?mode=comment&u=" . $profiledata['user_id'] . '">' . $lang['Add_comment'] . '</a><br>';
on includes/usercp_viewprofile.php should do the trick.

Thanks
the last part will fix the commenting problem. i will have to install the entire mod again, as when i started getting the problems i uninstalled it.
azra :D
qpsychics

Post by qpsychics »

Question, is there a way to shrink the size of {friendsrow1.DEFAULT_PIC} and {friendsrow2.DEFAULT_PIC}? I have my avatars set to a little bigger then usual so members can put up small photos of themselves. This would end up taking up a lot of profile space. Any suggestions. BTW thanks for this MOD, Excellent!

Also, I tried to move the comments section over to the main section of the profile (to the right) and I can't get it to work. What other file do I have to edit to make this possible? I am also thinking about moving the friends section over to. Any help would be great.
qpsychics

Post by qpsychics »

qpsychics wrote:Also, I tried to move the comments section over to the main section of the profile (to the right) and I can't get it to work. What other file do I have to edit to make this possible? I am also thinking about moving the friends section over to. Any help would be great.

I figured out how to do this part, but I am still stumped on this:
qpsychics wrote:Question, is there a way to shrink the size of {friendsrow1.DEFAULT_PIC} and {friendsrow2.DEFAULT_PIC}? I have my avatars set to a little bigger then usual so members can put up small photos of themselves. This would end up taking up a lot of profile space. Any suggestions. BTW thanks for this MOD, Excellent!
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
kouhi

Post by kouhi »

When I installed this, it made it so the profiles came up as a blank white page, where did I go wrong. I followed the file exact.
kouhi

Post by kouhi »

Anyone? I didnt think it would take a week for a reply
jazzking2001

Post by jazzking2001 »

Well a while back i upgraded to phpbb3
it already has the friend mod installed
Neocrisis.com- What will you find next
tempered007

Post by tempered007 »

really friendsmod is already on phpbb3?
jazzking2001

Post by jazzking2001 »

tempered007 wrote:really friendsmod is already on phpbb3?
ya
its called Friends & Foes
you can join my forum to test it out
Neocrisis.com- What will you find next

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”